Original Tower of Terror

testtracker

Original Poster
Maybe this is in the wrong place but I was wondering what the original drop sequence for TOT was when it opened. I'm guessing it just slowly took you to the top and dropped but i never rode it. any ideas?

patches39

Too much for a 4year old?

Is tower of terror too much for a 4 and 1/2 year old? she is tall enough now. she is not scared of dark, monsters etc. but i dont want to freak her out. not worth it. my husband and i rode this 10 years ago on our honeymoon and wow! said we would never ride again....just because of the drops.... scary fun! But, our daughter like the "tummy tickles" so we are thinking she might like it, but then again mihgt be too much for that young age. please let me knwo if anyone has had an experience with this with your kids. :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is tower of terror too much for a 4 and 1/2 year old? she is tall enough now. she is not scared of dark, monsters etc. but i dont want to freak her out. not worth it. my husband and i rode this 10 years ago on our honeymoon and wow! said we would never ride again....just because of the drops.... scary fun! But, our daughter like the "tummy tickles" so we are thinking she might like it, but then again mihgt be too much for that young age. please let me knwo if anyone has had an experience with this with your kids. :)
She should have a blast. My youngest did ToT at about the same age and it has been her favorite ride in all of WDW ever since. Granted she has been a thrill ride junkie since birth but it sounds like your daughter is not much different. Do not force your daughter to ride and let her know that she can back out at anytime before she puts her seat belt on.

Iceviper123

It's not too bad.
Remember now the drop sequence is random everytime sooo
it may catch her off guard.

Have fun! :sohappy:

patches39

I think it will catch me off guard!!! :) so just to make sure I am understanding, there is not one big drop anymore, just alot of little ones, or can someone help more? thanks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There is a big drop the whole height of the shaft - maybe more than one - plus full height ascentions. Depends which of the random profiles (programs) the computer gives you. Plus little ones, bunny hops, shakes - and a lot of visual effects to keep your eyes open for too ;)

StageFrenzy

as a floridian and worldphile i have ridden every change to the ride and i must say in the beginning the one and done drop was kind of anticlimatic. but over the years the tower has gotten better. (can't be said of most rides)

patches39

We can't decide to take her on it or not. Samantha Brown was on travel channel tonight and we were watching her disney favs!! gettign so excited! we leave 2 weeks from tomorrow, so I have to decide in 14 days if she will ride it or not. :)

surfsupdon

I remember differently, can anyone correct me if I am wrong?

I can swear I rode Tower in its innagural year, and I remember the 5th dimension room, then the door opened and it showed a deep purple cement wall--the back of the elevator shaft. You dropped down initially then climbed again for the final 13 story drop.

Was that version two? I could have also sworn version 2 was "twice the fright" and was a double drop from floor number 13.

vkky

don't know what version. when i was on tot in 1996 it was 2 drops - one in the dark and one wiht the doors open, if i remember right it was random wether it was the dark/light drop first.

Tom Morrow

The version described in the above two post was the second version, but was never promoted as an "official" version or anything.

The original solo drop lasted a little over the first year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom