Ordering Park Tickets Online

amontpet

I just called Disney's to ask a question about ordering Park Tickets. We have not been to Disney for a couple of years and we always used to order our tickets online or over the phone in advance and have them mailed to us. I was told this morning that now I would only receive a "voucher" in the mail and would have to bring it to Guest Services for the actual tickets. Is that true? If so why wouldn't everyone just do "Will Call" then? Why pay up to $15 for shipping? Has anyone ordered and received the actual park tickets by mail lately?

tizzo

I just called Disney's to ask a question about ordering Park Tickets. We have not been to Disney for a couple of years and we always used to order our tickets online or over the phone in advance and have them mailed to us. I was told this morning that now I would only receive a "voucher" in the mail and would have to bring it to Guest Services for the actual tickets. Is that true? If so why wouldn't everyone just do "Will Call" then? Why pay up to $15 for shipping? Has anyone ordered and received the actual park tickets by mail lately?

I'm not sure how helpful this is going to be, but I always get my APs at AAA for the small discount they offer. When I buy the pass, I pay at AAA, and they give me a voucher, which I exchange at the park for my actual pass.

The vouchers are similar in form factor to a ticket, but mine have always had a bright solid color in place of the image that appears on the real pass. I believe that Disney does this so that they can keep tickets from being misused. For example, the passes I get are valid only for FL residents, and I have to show my FL ID at WDW when I exchange my voucher. If AAA gave me a real ticket, then Disney would be relying on them to make sure I'm really a FL resident. By using the voucher system Disney gets to verify this themselves. In your case, the vouchers will probably come with your names on them so that you can't resell them to someone else. A ticket would have your name as well, but the cast members at the turnstiles don't normally check your ID, so they have no way of knowing if the person using the ticket is the person whose name is on it. The same is not true at guest services. So by forcing you to go through guest services to exchange your voucher, they are adding a layer of verification that they would not have if they just mailed actual tickets to everyone.

As far as shipping vs will-call, I suspect that the shipping option exists simply because some people are more comfortable having something physical. It takes just slightly more faith to accept that if you walk up to guest services with your confirmation number that you'll get your tickets without any problem than it does to do so with a physical voucher.

If it was me, I'd just do will-call. But I know people who would pay the $15 (though they wouldn't be happy about it) to have the physical voucher in hand before they travel to WDW just because it feels safer to them.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
If you want physical tickets to show up at your house, order from UndercoverTourist.com. I've used them in the past and they sell tickets at a pretty decent discount. Their prices include tax and they ship for free. Also, if you go there through MouseSavers.com you can get an even better discount. You just have to follow the link they send out in their newsletter periodically. Just got an email yesterday and this is the current link http://tinyurl.com/c6fmtz

I've done Will Call with Disney tickets before and never had a problem other than just waiting on a line sometimes. I've never bothered to spend the extra money to get them shipped to me. Seems like a total waste of money.

Upvote 0

Funfy

We use will-call because I don't want to panic 300 miles down the road that I left the tickets at home-I know where the tickets are!:)

Upvote 0
If you want physical tickets to show up at your house, order from UndercoverTourist.com. I've used them in the past and they sell tickets at a pretty decent discount. Their prices include tax and they ship for free. Also, if you go there through MouseSavers.com you can get an even better discount. You just have to follow the link they send out in their newsletter periodically. Just got an email yesterday and this is the current link http://tinyurl.com/c6fmtz

Absolutely. Always had prompt, honest service from Undercovertourist and as tiggerific said, with the new link for discounted tickets and the fact that they include tax and ship for free - couldn't do any better in my opinion!

Upvote 0

Funfy

From their site: I read this as one photo id that matches the charge card. I don't think the kids had to stand in line with us. I am sure a call directly to them could verify:

DRN_shipping_title_image2_W234_H14.gif
spc.gif
spc.gif
spc.gif
spc.gif
spc.gif
Will Call orders are only available at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida, and tickets can be picked up starting the day after your order. Upon arrival, pick up your Will Call ticket order at one of the following ticket sales locations: Epcot®, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Disney-Hollywood Studios, or the Ticket and Transportation Center at Magic Kingdom® Park. Please present your confirmation along with a valid photo ID (e.g. driver's license, passport, or military I.D.), at any ticket sales location.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom