Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

D Hulk

Here's that WOW treatment:
Warehouse of Wonders brief (very rough)

The general premise involves guests exploring a Hollywood prop warehouse, where an enchanted film projector brings all the props and memorabilia to life very much like Mystic Manor.

The attraction needs main characters to hold it all together, somewhat like Albert and Lord Mystic. Was considering perhaps a tabloid reporter who's sneaking in to dig up gossip, along with her pet cockatiel. (Think Tilda Swinton in Hail Caesar!) Other ideas are fine too, this isn't fully developed.

Entering the indoor queue, guests pass the security office and a sleeping guard inside snoring. Inside is a pre-show establishing the reporter character and the projector - which she disbelieves. Queue past shelves of props and memorabilia - lots of detail potential! Loading onto trackless back lot carts in the loading docks amidst many prop-filled crates.

Ride into projection room overlooking screening room. The cockatiel turns on the projector, and glittering magic brings the piles of film cans and reels roaring to life.

Through halls of vintage movie posters and framed B&W film stills, all alive. (Use the cockatiel like Albert to respond to the craziness throughout, perhaps while the tabloid reporter doesn't notice.)

Through the costume department and the celebrity wax museum.

Into a private screening room, with a wurlitzer organ playing itself and a film playing on the screen. Cars pause, lights dim, and magically lights return and we're inside the movie (rising walls, secretly moving cars). Through black & white sets, which change as the film edits from shot to shot - projection effects against simple walls. Then the reel breaks down; we go through a starfield.

The centerpiece prop warehouse scene, all the props alive at once. All vintage genres represented - western, musical, Gothic horror, noir, silent comedy, Biblical epic, sci-fi serial. Like Hunny Hunt's Heffalump scene, cars dance through different vignettes and assorted gags, 8-12 cars in this finale. The scene needs a trademark theme song like POTC or Mansion...

Then cars escape into the Executive Producer's private office (with living film awards and such), where the cockatiel flips a giant master switch and shuts off the projector. Things return to normal.

Unload into the Acme Gag Factory shop nearby.

As said, very rough. Have fun with this, Pi!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
This prompt is due Friday Correct??

If so I can do the Prop Ride tomorrow night and have a pretty Bad-A ride.
Sweet! Can't wait to see what you'll do with it!

I'll say 2000.
2000 it is! You could do the same shows you were planning if you want, just in the smaller theater. Or whatever you think is best! You always know what you're doing with shows and stuffs

That would be totally BADASS, @Voxel! o_O

Somewhere 8 pages ago is a treatment I wrote for Warehouse of Wonders, for you to reference or ignore as you see fit.

EDIT: Censorship test - ***
How did you say that on the site with the censors! There are preschool toys present! Lol

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Here is a list of what we're doing plus who is doing it. If I missed anything or was wrong about it, let me know. And don't e afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Remember, the current plan is to do just one or two paragraphs (or less) for nearly everything but prop warehouse and ganster EMV. Unless we are changing that plan.

Wanted to make sure we were on the same page and everything was being done.​

Budget Estimate (updated)

1. Star Wars Land placemaking/general area description - $100 M - @DisneyFan18
  2. Cantina QSR - replacing Backlot express - $10 M - @DisneyFan18
  3. Pod Racing Coaster - $200 M - @Disney Dad 3000 (@Pionmycake finishing it up if need be)​
  4. Storm Trooper Shooter Ride - $80 M - @DisneyFan18
  5. Jawa Store - $10 M - @DisneyFan18
Total for Star Wars: $400 M​

--------------------​

1. Muppet placemaking/general area description - $25 M - @AceAstro
  2. Mama Melrose replacement - $5 M - @AceAstro
  3. Pizza Planet Space replacement - $15 M - @FigmentPigments
  4. Great Muppet Movie Ride - $125 M - @AceAstro
  5. electric Mayhem Bus/streetmosphere - $30 M - @AceAstroM​
  6. Miss Piggy Apartment - $7.5 M - @FigmentPigments
  7. kermit apartment - $7.5 M - @AceAstro
  8. Fozzie apartment/gag store - $10 M - @AceAstro
Total for Muppets: $225 M

---------------​

1. Sunset Blvd Updates/general area description - $20 M - @D Hindley
  2. Griffith Park - $50 M - @D Hindley
  3. Rocketeer Simulator - $100 M - @D Hindley
  4. Gangster themed EMV - $175 M - @D Hindley
  5. Fantasmic (or similar show) - $75 M - @mickeyfan5534
  6. Daytime show in Fantasmic theater - $25 M - @mickeyfan5534
  7. Magic Mansion ft. Oswald - $20 M - @D Hindley
  8. Other food stands/shops - $20 M - @D Hindley
  9. Streetmosphere silent slapstick show - $5 M - @D Hindley
Total for Sunset: $490 M

---------------​

1. Animation/Maroon Studios Placemaking - $75 M - @FigmentPigments
  2. Art of Animation Updates (if any) - $20 M - @FigmentPigments
  3. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin - $30 M - @FigmentPigments
  4. Mickey dark ride - $45 M - @Pionmycake
  5. Ink and paint club Replacement for Soundstage Restaurant. - $10 M - @FigmentPigments
  6. Trolley - $10 M - @FigmentPigments
  7. Prop Warehouse Trackless Dark Ride - $125 M - @Voxel
  8. Misc - $5 M - @FigmentPigments
  9. Mermaid theater expansion into One Man's Dream space with new shows - $10 M - @mickeyfan5534
Total for Animation/maroon: $330

---------------

Map - @D Hindley
Website - @Pionmycake plus @DisneyFan18
---------------

Misc Unaccounted For - $50 M
Fireworks/parades - @mickeyfan5534 - $50 M
Star Wars - $400 M
Muppets - $225 M
Sunset - $490 M
Animation - $330 M

Total: $1.6 Billion

Phase One - 1995: Muppets
Phase Two - 1999: Star Wars
Phase Three - 2001: Prop Warehouse Ride, Animation/Maroon, and Sunset

---------------​

@kmbmw777
@pixie_princess do you want to do or have time to do anything? I'd be more than happy to let one of you do the Mickey ride if you'd like. That's just a couple sentences. Everything else is already being worked on I believe. But you could aslo just do some additional supplemental art and stuff

mickeyfan5534

2000 it is! You could do the same shows you were planning if you want, just in the smaller theater. Or whatever you think is best! You always know what you're doing with shows and stuffs
So with this change, I'm rethinking the show in that theatre. With it happening late in the expansion, it only needs a single show. Right now, I'm leaning toward a hard classic rather than the newer spots. Pinocchio, Cinderella, Snow White, or The Sword in the Stone are the top of the list.
Way ahead of you

kmbmw777

Here is a list of what we're doing plus who is doing it. If I missed anything or was wrong about it, let me know. And don't e afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Remember, the current plan is to do just one or two paragraphs (or less) for nearly everything but prop warehouse and ganster EMV. Unless we are changing that plan.

3. Pod Racing Coaster - $200 M - @Disney Dad 3000 (@Pionmycake finishing it up if need be)​

--------------------​

---------------​

---------------​

5. Ink and paint club Replacement for Soundstage Restaurant. - $10 M - @FigmentPigments
  9. Mermaid theater expansion into One Man's Dream space with new shows - $10 M - @mickeyfan5534

---------------

Map - @D Hindley
---------------

Star Wars - $400 M
Muppets - $225 M
Sunset - $490 M
Animation - $330 M

---------------​

@kmbmw777
@pixie_princess do you want to do or have time to do anything? I'd be more than happy to let one of you do the Mickey ride if you'd like. That's just a couple sentences. Everything else is already being worked on I believe. But you could aslo just do some additional supplemental art and stuff
I would be willing to try out some art! What needs additional art for it (I just got back so I’m so behind)?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I would be willing to try out some art! What needs additional art for it (I just got back so I’m so behind)?

No worries! With your trip I figured you'd be pretty busy this week. I wanted to make sure there was something you could do if you had the time and wanted.

Um, Star Wars seems to have a fair amount of art. So does Sunset (at least reference photos and logos and stuff).

Warehouse of Wonders could use some as with how busy @Voxel is this week he probably will not have time to do more than reference photos. The updated animation courtyard and maroon studios could both use some art if your feeling Roger rabbity. Or some simple maps focused on the individual lands showing their layout.

Really whatever is calling to you art wise. Can never have enough art haha. As much or as little as you want and can is perfect

Voxel

President of Progress City
No worries! With your trip I figured you'd be pretty busy this week. I wanted to make sure there was something you could do if you had the time and wanted.

Um, Star Wars seems to have a fair amount of art. So does Sunset (at least reference photos and logos and stuff).

Warehouse of Wonders could use some as with how busy @Voxel is this week he probably will not have time to do more than reference photos. The updated animation courtyard and maroon studios could both use some art if your feeling Roger rabbity. Or some simple maps focused on the individual lands showing their layout.

Really whatever is calling to you art wise. Can never have enough art haha. As much or as little as you want and can is perfect
Hey I got all evening Thursday to whip it out. You would be surprise what I can do with beer.

DisneyFan18

I found this, it’s perfect for the Jawa Market Store!
E08CB700-41E3-440A-A1C0-91A1DCE76B70.jpeg

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

pixie_princess

--------------------​

---------------​

---------------​

---------------

Map - @D Hindley
---------------

Star Wars - $400 M
Muppets - $225 M
Sunset - $490 M
Animation - $330 M

---------------​

@kmbmw777

Sorry, I have been busy between training and then taking full advantage of my Main Gate, I was gonna check in sooner but I saw everything handled so well I didn't have much to say then. I can do the Mickey ride and maybe try some art tomorrow after training, and then we should be right on track with what everyone else has done to just finish up the website on Friday.

AceAstro

Muppet City

ebv4aF-1aR1USwrV60YBgBAe5sHaRxZdEeef0-s085Ns2Ye2x1vsbdLxz5aS2KeRFHY4EkFpcns-Bz7QxwI8uVMhw6sgX7sh4kuL8mIJiNgHfMVbJitUuwwAvHjHM62S_5MGyoZq

Overview

After the success of MuppetVision 3D opening in 1991, Muppet City brings the Muppet Expansion everyone wants, on a budget that everyone likes.

With the popularity of The Muppets Take Manhattan, Muppet City will expand into the New York Street area of the park to mimic the feel from the film.

UBLDbcFIBcBnY5wUp-qLebiF9UsQa3xjDNFsnp3j6lOJHI4oYT_1zRudL6ttrWQO9ZQTL1jxUC-4Y22nfW08U-ere125eAel94r-bHAtv_8tMJCkYm-u-fDqvMuPdcE7ChddlDqD

The reason for the expansion there is that the area was under-utilized. Once it was removed from the backlot tour, the space wasn’t being used effectively which will be fixed with this re-theme.

8bB-gxaV_WRTTcsDm1xaXizFOJwdNLajQ2tHu5iWvj5iZMRuY9JW5_9Q7K3Oyv8YZYatZkkzk-BslVFGOgHK6OX_YK0YaBeW3EO9AmHpS0TkgoUoQnzixe8_Wws8BJGKQMKJU79a

Muppet City will open in 1995 as the first step in the Disney-MGM Studios re-vamp.

MuppetVision 3D

MuppetVision 3D is the Cornerstone to Muppet City so will not change throughout this re-theme. The facade, pre-show, queue, and show, will keep the same look and feel as the original show designed by Jim Henson himself.

Great Muppet Movie Ride

The Great Muppet Movie Ride would be the main addition to Muppet City bringing a much needed D-Ticket attraction to the park. Here guests can see the Muppets try to retell classic Hollywood films with the classic “Muppets” feel to the area.

The GMMR will take over the area at the back of New York Street where the Premier Theater can be found. Taking that area, and part of the backstage area is enough room for the attraction and queue.

Guests enter the queue through a replica of the Jim Henson Studio gate that can be found in Los Angeles.

-TTnYhTS0p_UDpu20mTHjSs7w6qAS9gmK_eYBD-qSoyVh740yV6MQNMfqrGk-Xjs8lXTCHdXldZ3qMh5o5io-Al23VZ3i5udwhqUKSbOlVA3Nfs4AFA-a_5GOGDQDvHK0DLnr5_n

From there, guests load onto classic Fantasyland-style ride vehicles shaped as Limos and get a tour through the movies.

Some of the films that the Muppets showcase include: Star Wars, Rocky, Frankenstein, Snow White, and The Lion King.

omX0HgPYVfJjZQIIW7WG3p9PLFO2CrrGkM8ueChPKLG3CEDMPrEysU40sacKS8W7TKNFJkr-Nkgxe66aabVatXn9_h8C2259pvW1LQZOdKtB_wwk7l-3j69VS-gOyd7DLJRl4FHJ

Rizzo QS
@FigmentPigments

Swedish Chef TS

Apartments
To continue the re-theme throughout New York street, various Muppets will be given apartments throughout the land (some walk-throughs, some facades). The apartments give the Muppets a place to call home right in the park

Kermit Apartment
Located in the former spot of the “Honey, I shrunk the Kids: Movie Set Adventure” and next to Miss Piggy’s apartment, guests can find the apartment of Kermit the Frog. Here, guests can meet different Muppet characters throughout the day. The M&G will mimic what is done on The Muppet Show with the Muppet “sitting” on the ledge with the celebrity (guest) standing in front of it.

DwvnQDlzKs6hxrUf9DM2qa6dcFDr72wTPcVUgZiJZZ6APpuMm78g4QTFSbdpJAYjMtUHqDpK3R1pdBd9q3ee2p_DlMmc9g3MmnuD03Ye9lSCPvDcPzdgHzXT-O7LYf6nWTQv_L0A

Miss Piggy Apartment
@FigmentPigments

Fozzie Apartment
Located in the batch of facades directly behind MuppetVision 3D, guests can find Fozzie’s apartment. Fozzie’s apartment also doubles as a shop where guests can buy their favourite Fozzie-related gags to try (and his hat if guests so choose)!

Other Various Apartments

Besides the main 3, other Muppets have apartment facades which have various clues as to who may live there.

Guests can find American Flag Bunting outside of Sam the Eagle’s apartment window or Gonzo hanging up the Gonzo the Great outfit outside of his window. Small explosions and Bleaker screams can be heard outside of Dr. Honeydew and Bleaker’s apartment.

“Streetmosphere”

Part of what makes the Muppets the Muppets is chaos. And that needs to be replicated in Muppet City. The goal is to replicate that through Streetmosphere.

-Lockers
@FigmentPigments

-Electric Mayhem Bus
One distinct thing missing from Muppet City so far is Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. And they were missing for a reason. Travelling throughout Muppet City, guests can find the Electric Mayhem bus driving around.

ziafeATKe3z79jGxkzAdOgDqqT4K_2lWt4xnACjZtrjZ4m1JqJU8bjQy_ZYU5CyI2FVi58dxdl8zXyL0elBHjneBjbfp6B0BTcMWouL5VeMBzJzTGE3giuZoGa6tXHsEPstLkHAG

While Dr. Teeth is driving the bus, the rest of the Electric Mayhem can be found in the back of the bus playing the latest and greatest cover songs. 3 times a day, Electric Mayhem shows will play out in front of Fozzie’s Apartment to get the crowd into it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom