Opportunity for Advancement?

ct00000

Original Poster
Has anyone ever worked or is currently working as a "Planning Center Coordintator?" (Fancy name for off property ticket/package sales)
I have the opportunity to interview for this position, but I am concerned about the opportunity for advancement. I eventually want to be involved in Disney corporate (marketing/sales, etc.), but I also know that a foot in the door is ever so important with this company. The pay for this role is actually pretty good compared to on-property roles. (I would be working from a time share or other vacation property away from Disney, but still in Orlando).
Does anyone have any advice or knowledge of this role and if there is any chance to move up from there? I don't want to pass up a good opportunity if it is such. Thanks for any words of wisdom! :)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
there are opportunities for advancement, but they're open for EVERY SINGLE CM. Which means, you may apply for as many positions as you want, but so will several hundred other CM's, some of which may have higher qualifications, or know people.

ct00000

Original Poster
I understand that all positions are open for other cast members, and the internal politics of advancement, but I was also curious if this type of role was closer to advancement than some other roles? I know it's not a "corporate role" but is it considered more valuable experience than other hourly roles? Hopefully, someone can also tell me more about what the day to day is like with this role as well.

mkt

Premium Member
They will pick the most qualified and well connected applicant... just like most other companies. I know plenty of MBA's working hourly at Disney just to jump ahead. However, if your current position is in the same field, that should give you a hair of advantage over everyone else.

ct00000

Original Poster
Have any of your friends with the MBAs actually ever moved up? I think the name of the game in moving up with Disney is 1) Knowing someone or 2) Persistence or 3) lucky break
(But being persistent doesn't really pay that much)

Thanks MKT for all the feedback.

mkt

Premium Member
most have moved up, but not immediately, and not without jumping through hurdles

ct00000

Original Poster
That sounds true to form for Disney....at least they've moved up in some fashion. I think I might try for the same route eventually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom