opinions wanted

Grumpy-Fan

Original Poster
My wife and I are going to be in the World from 02/09/08 thru 02/16/08. I made 4 reservations at 4 differant restaurants. On the tenth we will dine at Le Cellier in Epcot,the eleventh at the Derby at MGM,the twelvth at Tonys in The Magic Kingdom and on the Fourteenth[Valentines day] at The California Grill. On the thirteenth we are going to Pleasure Island after we tour the Animal Kingdom so we will dine at the Raglan.They are all dinner reservations. We have both been there before but never together. Neither one of us has ever eaten at these places before, so I am just wondering if I've chosen wisely.They told me that the fireworks at MK will be at 6:45 on Valentines Day so I was able to reserve a time at 6:15 at the CG.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The only one I haven't eaten at is the Hollywood Brown Derby and I can honestly say the only choice you have made that I've heard anything remotely negative about is Tony's. That said, when we ate there the service was great and the food delicious.

I keep wanting to try the Derby, but keep getting side-tracked to H&V by DS12 who loves it. :shrug:

Tiggerfanatic

We've done Tony's and Raglan Road and enjoyed both....Raglan will probabley be a repeat on our next trip. Planning on doing California Grill, then, too.

LeeSeeBabe

I believe they are all great choices. I have never eaten at Tony's and can't tell you much about it, and I've never eaten at CG, but heard plenty of good things about it! Way to go on getting the ADRs during the fireworks! Have funn!

k.hunter30

I haven't tried Tony's - and it's not on my radar of restaurants to ever visit, but that's just me. The other three sound like great choices. I wasn't very impressed with the Brown Derby, but it was ok. Le Cellier and Cali Grill are, of course, outstanding!

coltow

My only concern is Tony's. It's nothing special, in fact it's very plain where as the others you've picked are great

Grumpy-Fan

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I wasn't that crazy about tonys either; Even though I had never eaten there. This is our fifth wedding anniversary and my wife is a romantic at heart. Her favorite scene of all times is Lady and the Tramp dinner scene. She left all of the planning up to me, her only condition was to eat at tonys. I called at 7:00am, exactly 180 days in advance to get the CG time. She insisted on fireworks on Valentines day.

Thanks

k.hunter30

Thanks for the info. I wasn't that crazy about tonys either; Even though I had never eaten there. This is our fifth wedding anniversary and my wife is a romantic at heart. Her favorite scene of all times is Lady and the Tramp dinner scene.
Well then, it sounds perfect for you two! Have a wonderful time and happy anniversary!

bobjl527

Thanks for the info. I wasn't that crazy about tonys either; Even though I had never eaten there. This is our fifth wedding anniversary and my wife is a romantic at heart. Her favorite scene of all times is Lady and the Tramp dinner scene.

Sounds like the ultimate anniversary dinner. My wife and I love that scene from Lady and the Tramp as well. We have a cocker spaniel who looks just like Lady. Of all your choices, Brown Derby is our favorite. We have celebrated our anniversary there a couple of times. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

coltow

Thanks for the info. I wasn't that crazy about tonys either; Even though I had never eaten there. This is our fifth wedding anniversary and my wife is a romantic at heart. Her favorite scene of all times is Lady and the Tramp dinner scene. She left all of the planning up to me, her only condition was to eat at tonys. I called at 7:00am, exactly 180 days in advance to get the CG time. She insisted on fireworks on Valentines day.

Thanks
If it wasn't for Lady & the Tramp playing in the lobby most people may not know that the theme is supposed to be from L&T. I'm just hoping that you and wife will not be disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom