Opinions on the "Kingdom Keepers" series?

rufio

Original Poster
I've been thinking about giving these a go. I'm a 24 year old Disney fanatic and I try to read everything Disbey that I can get my hands on. The series has mixed reviews on amazon and goodreads, so I thought I'd come to the source :)

I like them for soft reading. Bought them for my DDs and I am the only one who has read them all. LOL Just bought the new one this past month but haven't had a chance yet to jump into it.

rufio

Original Poster
I like them for soft reading. Bought them for my DDs and I am the only one who has read them all. LOL Just bought the new one this past month but haven't had a chance yet to jump into it.

Hmmm... Are they any good though? I might have to go pick up the first one.

Mom2MandJ

I've only read the first one, and found it full of mistakes, but I hear from other Disney fans who have read them all that the series overall is good. I requested the 2nd one from the library and will give it a shot. The plot was good, but the mistakes (like the take a train from the TTC to HS) were annoying.

I've been thinking about giving these a go. I'm a 24 year old Disney fanatic and I try to read everything Disbey that I can get my hands on. The series has mixed reviews on amazon and goodreads, so I thought I'd come to the source :)

I am also curious about these books, like you I try to read everything Disney. They are not sold in UK book shops--could I get one in the Walmart when I
am in WDW? Have you read "Dreamworld" by Jane Goldman? (It`s fiction!!)

rufio

Original Poster
I am also curious about these books, like you I try to read everything Disney. They are not sold in UK book shops--could I get one in the Walmart when I
am in WDW? Have you read "Dreamworld" by Jane Goldman? (It`s fiction!!)

No, but I'll look it up! Also, you can always order them cheaper on Amazon or download e-books if you have an e-reader. :)

No, but I'll look it up! Also, you can always order them cheaper on Amazon or download e-books if you have an e-reader. :)

Thanks---I have found them on the Walmart web site so will look out for them when we in the US in the summer. As always they will be cheaper to buy in the US than Amazon .co.uk.!!

MansionGoer13z

I've read the first 3 got them on my Kindle. Good for a soft read like someone else said. Haven't read the 4th or 5th one yet. Not too keen about the 4th one though because it takes place on the Disney Cruise Lines. That one, doesn't seem appealing, but I'll get back to them sooner or later.

rufio

Original Poster
Thanks---I have found them on the Walmart web site so will look out for them when we in the US in the summer. As always they will be cheaper to buy in the US than Amazon .co.uk.!!

Wow, really?! It seems like everything is cheaper on Amazon than in stores over here in the US. I don't know what I would do without Amazon as a cheap alternative!

Wow, really?! It seems like everything is cheaper on Amazon than in stores over here in the US. I don't know what I would do without Amazon as a cheap alternative!

I think Amazon .com is cheaper than Amazon .co.uk. If I bought from Amazon .com I would have to pay postage to the Uk!

I actually bought the first three in WDW--had cast member discount--enjoyed them. Will get the next couple on my vacation next year. You need to be a Disney fan to enjoy them!!

luv

I read about half of the first book, maybe less.

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad book.

They are kids' books. Even for kids, they aren't great literature, lol, but they are not for adults.

Badger Brent

I'm on the 4th book and they aren't that bad. Can I pick out some mistakes, yes. I just tell my wife out loud about them and we laugh about them. If your not able to get to the "world" anytime soon, it's kind of neat to picture where each scene in the book is taking place. I will read them to completion and hopefully my family will after I'm done. I get my books from our local library. Just like the parks attractions and eating places, I like to experience them myself and form my own opinions. They are good and fun, not the greatest ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom