Opinions on Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster (Poll)

What would you want Disney to do with Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster?

• Leave it as is

Votes: 234 62.6%
  • Re-theme it with a new band

Votes: 46 12.3%
  • Re-theme it with an IP

Votes: 71 19.0%
  • Don’t care/Not ever riding it anyway

Votes: 23 6.1%

• Total voters

NickMaio

The problem is that it’s not immersive. Riding past 2-D cartoon-style images in an obvious roller coaster train that’s lightly decorated as a limo does not a quality theme park attraction make.

Interestingly, the Paris version solved that problem by making the story “a roller coaster built by the recording studio and the band” - not particularly aspirational, but at least immersive.

As long as a re-theme fixes the current lack of immersion - and doesn’t negatively impact the perfection of Sunset Blvd’s incredibly cohesive theming - I’d almost certainly be for it, regardless of whether it’s a band or an IP.
Agreed.........the Mummy from Uni has a much richer experience.
RNRC is cool but not WDW top notch.

Paper straw fan

I mean, if they do a complete overhaul of the ride, and then decide to change it, fine. Until then, no purpose just re-skinning it as some Disney IP.

That said, I’d rather they work in Space Mountain first. RnR is a little bumpy but silky compared to SM

yedliW

They should re-do it as Spinal Tap.. and turn it up to 11!

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
RnR works perfectly for what it is, and I can appreciate it. I don't see a re-theme being beneficial with its already popular nature. Only something dirty to get Chapek's dumb grin going like Iron Man (something I created and made fun of on Micechat after M:BO's announcement, before it actually came to fruition, mind you. Scary or coincidental?

Animaniac93-98

its already popular nature.

RnRC is popular at DHS because the park has less than 10 rides and it's the only coaster at WDW to go upside down [at the time of this post]. It's also next door to ToT, like how BTMRR and SM at MK are neighbours, so you get a lot of people wanting to do both back-to-back.

The ride itself is good, but not great. A new theme that improves the effects and look of the queue would be nice, even if they keep the same track layout.

World_Showcase_Lover007

I like that it is a coaster, so it does the job...don’t care at all about Aerosmith, but then again I certainly wouldn’t want the Jonas brothers or something like that to take over the ride. If only Tom Hanks was in a band...

disneysource11

Cars makes perfect sense for this attraction. The ride vehicles look like a car, there is a nearby cars attraction and it goes super fast. I'm hearing that Cars is in fact the frontrunner.

Yeah, yeah sure a bus driver told me.

randyjackson

retheme RnRC to incredicoaster then make everything around it (the cars show & land behind rnrc) a generic Pixar land maybe we could get a version of radiator spring racers as well

Doug Means

My children were just tall enough to ride it when it first opened. It is one of the reason my kids like classic rock now. that ride is great and the theming awesome. it is a must do for my family, but i feel like if it changed, though fun, not be a must do anymore.

danheaton

I like Rock 'n Roller Coaster and don't think it's a top priority in terms of what's still needed at DHS. I voted for "new band", but it's a real challenge to find a band that really fits given the wide-ranging audience of Disney. Aerosmith isn't perfect, but making the effort to change it now sounds like a challenge.

DisneyNittany

Even this decade, as everybody and his brother on here said that DHS was just a half day park, there were trips where DHS was my favourite park. I loved the atmosphere that much. Plus the rides may have been few, but they were all awesome.

But now...

Between the loss of the GMR, the new music of Disney songs and big band background music, and the removal of so much classic Hollywood stuff, the park has declined by degrees into an often empty experience.

GE is awesome though - dissenting opinion here. Toy Story sucks. Both however feel like separate areas removed from DHS. (Which I understand is the idea. But the effect remains)

Personally, I'm good with the new lands (I thought GE was very cool, and while I hate TSL during the day, I think it's aesthetically pleasing at night), and I do like that they're separate areas. However, I agree with you when it comes to Hollywood Blvd, Sunset Blvd, and Echo Lake, hell even Commissary Lane areas. When I'm there, I want to feel like I'm in the "Golden Age" of Hollywood.

Disstevefan1

Excellent ride! could ride it over and over! I am OK if they choose to re theme, but do not look forward to the closure needed for re theme.

NickMaio

Please retheme the inside - - - - - the story is kinda lame - - get to the show on time.
Retheme it so at some point the coaster stops and then all heck breaks loose.
I got a fever ..... and the only prescription is ...... more story!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom