Opinions on Radisson Worldgate

pinkrose

Original Poster
We are booked at Radisson Worldgate for our first night down before checking in onsite at WDW for the rest of our vacation. I booked through Hotwire.com and got a really good rate. Only thing is... I was reading Trip Advisor and it gets really mixed rates. Some seem to love it and a lot seem to hate it. I keep telling myself that we can make it through one night. lol
Does anyone here have any experience with it?

cerigirl

We have booked two weeks at Radisson Worldgate with TCD next September (2007) and any feedback would be great. I understand they are renovating at present, so hopefully this should be finishing soon.

Although I like a nice hotel, I do understand also, that it is only aplace to stay - I plan to be out and about for most of my waking hours!!:wave:

pinkrose

Original Poster
One night? You can do it!

Yeah :lol: I'm sure it will be fine. We decided to drive down on Sat. instead of through the night on Sat. night. Now, we've decided to drive through the night Friday night and surprise the kids with Sea World on Sat. Ashely has been watching her height since the first time they went to Sea World so she can ride Kraken. When she was measured at her check-up, she found out she's tall enough. The first word out of her mouth was about going to Sea World. So.....

tednvon

Hello!
First of all this hotel has THE absolute best location to get to Disney via Sherberth Road...ask at the front desk. You need to exit the hotel to the west end and hop on Sherberth...go straight and look up...you will see Mt Everest in AK to your right...now look back left and notice the tree on the horizon that has kind of off color green leaves...that is the Tree of Life in AK...WOW!

Now, follow the road north...it will be about a mile and 1/2 or so...take a couple of quick turns and come to a stoplight that says Osceola Parkway....
left is AK Lodge and the best buffet at Disney, Bomas. For those of you staying more than one night, turn right on Osceola Parkway and you are in Disney World. Follow the signs to all the parks...AK will be a quick turn left and all the other parks will come up on a turn left sign at a small intersection...
To get back to the hotel follow the signs in Disney to Animal Kingdom...some quick turns will be necessary off main roads....then as you approach AKingdom, stay LEFT and follow the signs to Animal Kingdom LODGE.
When you get back to the stop light at Sherberth, turn left and follow it right back to your turn into your hotel on the left...

I remember the rooms were great...there is a frig under the TV that hides very well...

I have always enjoyed this hotel when we got it on Priceline...one of the best deals because of the room with frig and super location...

I would stay a week there NO Question if just two of us!!!

Enjoy...Ted

pinkrose

Original Poster
Hello!
First of all this hotel has THE absolute best location to get to Disney via Sherberth Road...ask at the front desk. You need to exit the hotel to the west end and hop on Sherberth...go straight and look up...you will see Mt Everest in AK to your right...now look back left and notice the tree on the horizon that has kind of off color green leaves...that is the Tree of Life in AK...WOW!

Now, follow the road north...it will be about a mile and 1/2 or so...take a couple of quick turns and come to a stoplight that says Osceola Parkway....
left is AK Lodge and the best buffet at Disney, Bomas. For those of you staying more than one night, turn right on Osceola Parkway and you are in Disney World. Follow the signs to all the parks...AK will be a quick turn left and all the other parks will come up on a turn left sign at a small intersection...
To get back to the hotel follow the signs in Disney to Animal Kingdom...some quick turns will be necessary off main roads....then as you approach AKingdom, stay LEFT and follow the signs to Animal Kingdom LODGE.
When you get back to the stop light at Sherberth, turn left and follow it right back to your turn into your hotel on the left...

I remember the rooms were great...there is a frig under the TV that hides very well...

I have always enjoyed this hotel when we got it on Priceline...one of the best deals because of the room with frig and super location...

I would stay a week there NO Question if just two of us!!!

Enjoy...Ted

Thank you very much! You have helped to put my mind at ease. :wave:

Ducky_Love

Inspected this property a couple months ago and was surprised at how nice it was! I wouldn't be worried. I think you might be wishing you could stay longer than one night. :animwink:

pinkrose

Original Poster
Inspected this property a couple months ago and was surprised at how nice it was! I wouldn't be worried. I think you might be wishing you could stay longer than one night. :animwink:

Thank you so much! I was worried after reading some really bad reviews online (saying the rooms weren't very clean, ect.). Thanks again! :wave:

larryp

Radisson

I just got back from a eight-night stay there (part work/part play). If I had to stay off property again, I would not hesitate to return.

For the first two nights, we stayed in a room with two double beds. The room wasn't spotless, but it was not a problem given the little amount of time we spent there.

After a big convention group cleared out, we moved to a king room which was excellent. Conditions were very clean (looked like new sheets and furniture) and it even had one of those Sleep Number adjustable beds. A great value for my priceline price.

The common areas seemed well kept, though I didn't spend much time roaming around.

As someone else noted, you can't beat the convenience when it comes to off property hotels.

pinkrose

Original Poster
We had one of the rooms that hasn't been updated yet, but it was fine. The bathroom was very clean. The room itself was fine, except for a slight musty smell. We were only staying for one night (before moving on property for the rest of our stay), but if you are staying for several nights, you may want to request one of the updated rooms. I hear they are nice.,

davinakb

We're booked here (via Priceline) in a few weeks. It's the first time for us at this location, so glad to read the positive comments. We're doing ESPN the Weekend and the parks all day, we only care about the bed and shower, so this should work fine for us. Will post review when we return.

gusdog

Raddison World Gate

For those interested.

I use to work at this hotel you will have no problems with your stay it is a nice hotel for the price they charge.

Always try to get the updated rooms they have the sleep number beds and I think they are the nicest rooms. If you don't get the updated rooms it will not be a bad experience it is just going to be your average 3 star old worn out room. Also, for the Disney fan try to get a room that has a window facing the convention center (back) parking lot tell them your interested in seeing the view of the Disney territory . Then you can look out at AK and Typhon Lagon which is kinda cool! You should be advised the other wing of this hotel is vaccation club / timeshares/ whatever you call them these days so be careful when buying ticket deals from the kiosk but then again that warning could be for any kiosk in Orlando.

davinakb

Yeah, just got back. Hotel was nicer than expected, room was larger than average, housekeeping did a very nice job. Did not get a SleepNumber room, our only complaint, given that we ended up having to raise our bid more than we wanted for a busier weekend. At the Priceline rate, it was a good deal (half the internet rate). We would not be disappointed to get the place again (will just request a SleepNumber room, if available).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom