Opinions on Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Swim

216bruce

I signed myself and my daughter up for the dolphin swim at Blue Lagoon. Has anyone done this? Is it enjoyable?
Didn't do that one but did do the meet a sea lion one, which was very memorable. The Blue Lagoon is a great facility and it was sure worth the time and money. Being in the water with these animals was wonderful. We saw a lot of folks doing the swim with a dolphin experience and they seemed to be really enjoying it. Good choice!

we did the blue lagoon island dolphin swim and LOVED it!!
there were four of us, and all four of us thought it was amazing!!
it's a very well run operation and the dolphins are very nice!!

Phonedave

We did it about 4 years ago. It was expensive, but quite well done.

The beach at Blue Lagoon is also very nice. One thing that I liked about it, is that they run launches back to the ship on an hourly basis (at least they did when we were there). That way your are not "captive" at their property. Food is expenseive there. So after you swim with the dolphins, check out the other animals, and maybe hit the beach for a bit, you can go back to the ship to eat (or relax or enjoy the ship). We did a stingray excursion once where the return launch was like 4 hours after we got to the island. We swam with the stingrays and were then stuck there until they took us back, with nothing but their small beach, expensive snack bar, and crappy gift shop. Blue Lagoon was much nicer.

One tip, if you are doing the full swim with the dolphin, where you get to ride the dolphin (it comes up beneath you and pushes your feet with its head) men - wear a bathing suit with a good drawstring. Women, wear a one peice. Really, I speak from experience. Lucky the ride ends far from the viewing stand.

-dave

Phonedave

Oh, and if you can get one, get a waterproof camera. They do pictures for purchase, but they let you bring your camera if you have one. You can pick up a waterproof point and shoot for around $100.

-dave

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
When I did it, they were. The spectators have to stay on the boardwalks, they were not allowed on the floating swim platforms. The boardwalks are about 15 feet or so from where most of the action takes place.
I hoping my husband will be able to take pictures since he has to stay behind with the baby.

Phonedave

I'd love to avoid the additional charge ;)

I bought them. They really do a nice job on the pictures. I figured that it was going to be a one time thing, and I has spent enough on it already that the extra $40 or so for a photo package was worth it. I had my own pictures as well, but theres were nice.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom