Opinion -- FP Time on First Day

kes601

So, I was able to get a FOP for our first day from 10:45a-11:45a. We are due to land at MCO at 7:45a and plan to take the ME to Caribbean Beach. Assuming everything is on time any danger of missing the FP time? I'm regretting giving up a 1:45p SDD for it at this point because I'm nervous we won't be able to make it. We've never taken the ME except for after midnight so don't know the typical transit times for that time of morning.

Minnie Mum

I believe the average time from deplaning to arriving at the resort is 90 min, providing you go straight to the DME desk. So you'll have to hustle, and pray your plane isn't late arriving.

Upvote 0

kes601

Original Poster
I believe the average time from deplaning to arriving at the resort is 90 min, providing you go straight to the DME desk. So you'll have to hustle, and pray your plane isn't late arriving.
Thanks, if that's the case we should be ok. In reality we have until noon with the 15 minute grace period at the end. But, if I can move it I will. We have 4 more while we are there for the 2 weeks so not the end of the world if we miss it.

Upvote 0

Dave B

If you were late and you told them you just landed and just got to the park, I really think they will let you on as long as you are not hours late

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I don't think it's ever taken my family more than 2.5 hours from exiting-the-plane-at-MCO to our feet-entering-the-gate-of-a-Disney-park. Granted, we don't check luggage so there's no waiting at baggage claim, but we generally take 10 minutes to get to the terminal, cross the airport and check in for DME, 50-75 minutes to wait for a DME bus, get on it and get to our resort, and then another 50-75 minutes to check in, drop our bags, hop Disney transportation to a park and make our way to the entrance.

If everything takes longer than expected, OP, then follow the advice above re: the FP+ grace period, and/or throwing yourself on the mercy of CMs.

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

I would try to keep pushing the time back so you don't stress, (stalk the MDE app). And if you are running tight on time, consider taking an Uber or Lyft from your hotel. You will save a tremendous amount of time and the drop off is right at AK entrance. (At least it was for us in December).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom