Operating Hours for Monday, Sept 6th

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
From Intercot:

After a visual inspection of the entire Disney World property, only minor roof damage to a single backstage structure and minimal horticultural damage was discovered. Disney will open the following theme parks and other locations on Monday, September 6:

Magic Kingdom - 10 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Epcot - 10 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Typhoon Lagoon - 10 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Downtown Disney - 10 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex - Open for Events
Disney's Animal Kingdom - Closed
Disney-MGM Studios - Closed
Blizzard Beach - Closed
Pleasure Island - Closed

Walt Disney World Resort will return to normal operations in all areas Tuesday, September 7. Guests who have questions should call 407-WDW-INFO or 407-939-4636.

Jenngusto

Why is MGM not going to be open? Just curious. I hope all cast members and staff making repairs and chekcing out damage are safe. . . :veryconfu

Rodneyt74

From Disney official web site...

Walt Disney World® Resort
Updated Information for September 5, 2004, 6:00pm

Walt Disney World Resort safely withstood Hurricane Frances
and maintained power throughout the storm. After a visual
inspection of the entire property, we discovered only minor
roof damage to a single backstage structure and minimal
horticultural damage.

We will open the following theme parks and other locations
on Monday, September 6:

Magic Kingdom: 9 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Epcot: 9 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Typhoon Lagoon: 10 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Downtown Disney: 10 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex: Open for Events
Disney's Animal Kingdom: 9 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Disney-MGM Studios: 9 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Blizzard Beach: 10 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Pleasure Island: Closed

Walt Disney World Resort will return to normal operations
in all areas Tuesday, September 7.

Guests who have questions should call (407) WDW-INFO
or (407) 939-4636.

MEDIA: PLEASE CALL (407) 560-7959 FOR MORE INFORMATION.

wdwjmp239

WDW Survived! :)

That's pretty cool that WDW only suffered minimal damage. For all of you going to Disney tomorrow, have a great time! Don't forget to bring your Disney parkas and umbrellas, though. ;)

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Now.. lets watch what Ivan is going to do. :lookaroun

cindy_k

DisneyWorld30th said:
From Intercot:

After a visual inspection of the entire Disney World property, only minor roof damage to a single backstage structure and minimal horticultural damage was discovered. Disney will open the following theme parks and other locations on Monday, September 6:

Magic Kingdom - 10 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Epcot - 10 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Typhoon Lagoon - 10 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Downtown Disney - 10 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex - Open for Events
Disney's Animal Kingdom - Closed
Disney-MGM Studios - Closed
Blizzard Beach - Closed
Pleasure Island - Closed

Walt Disney World Resort will return to normal operations in all areas Tuesday, September 7. Guests who have questions should call 407-WDW-INFO or 407-939-4636.
This is the schedule that a Disney CM left on our resort room phone for tomorrow.
It also the schedule the www.DisneyWorld.com website is showing on the calendar.

I plan to go to EPCOT tomorrow for 10am.

julieluvsdisney

I called WDW-DINE this evening, just to see if a recording was on about tomorrow's hours(90 days for me), and I was surprised to find out they were answering calls. The rep. that I spoke to said they would be answering calls starting at regular time tomorrow.

Julie :xmas:

Thorphin

I think it's just amazing how lucky WDW has always been in all these and historical storms! It truly is magic! But great to see that life will be getting back to normal for those in the parks. For the rest of the state, you may want to consider donating to Red Cross to help everyone else get back to normal (presumably, indirectly, cast members as well). :king: Keep your fingers crossed for WDW and everyone involved that conditions don't worsen too much as the storm passes north through the state and through orange county....

scorp111

Not to think my upcoming trip is more important than these storm's effects on peoples lives, it is nice to know that WDW came through this one pretty well.

10 days, 8 hours to go for me.....

Invero

Jenngusto said:
Why is MGM not going to be open? Just curious. I hope all cast members and staff making repairs and chekcing out damage are safe. . . :veryconfu
Staffing purposes -- Many CM's will be unable to come to work.

frasertown

Mgm???

Glad that the damage was minimal....amazing really. Wonder what is up with MGM not opening? Makes you wonder if Tower of Terror and others may have been impacted??

Invero

frasertown said:
Glad that the damage was minimal....amazing really. Wonder what is up with MGM not opening? Makes you wonder if Tower of Terror and others may have been impacted??
The reason the Studios and Animal Kingdom will not be opening is that many of our cast members will be unable to make it into work today. Remember, the hurricane hit them too... not just Disney. Those who CAN make it to work from those two parks will be deployed out to Magic Kingdom and Epcot to make up for thier shortages.

It's unusual that they would do this but they must have called each and every cast member yesterday since the schedule information was decided at 7 pm last night.

Bgzbunny

feeling a little guilty

I feel a little guilty about wanting Frances to hurry up so I would know if I was going to be able to go wdw this thursday. I'm glad the every thing at Disney is going so smoothly and I plan on donating money to red cross or another agency when I am in Florida. I hope the best for all of the cast members. Just glad it is over WDW, I've been planning the 2 week vacation for 2 years and I can't wait to get there. I have to say that you all are very friendly and give great tips and info. I have asked a few questions and always get a great response and I'm using a lot of planning tips that I was given. So just a big THANK YOU to all that helped me with my dumb questions. I'm think that I'm more excited than my son 12 and my neice 9!!!! Hope to see you all there, WDW here I come!!!

P.S. Does anyone know what is going on with IVAN?

Jenngusto

Thank you for all the great updates and info. While I am selfishly thankful for no major damage at WDW, I am keeping all cast members, their families, and other Florida residents in my prayers as they work to recover from this horrendous hurricane.

imagineer99

Bgzbunny said:
[
P.S. Does anyone know what is going on with IVAN?

Well, currenlty I'm surfing wdwmagic.com. I got some reading for school to do, so I may attend to that later.

Since I seem to be VERY popular on these boards lately, I'll keep everyone updated on my status.;)

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
imagineer99 said:
Well, currenlty I'm surfing wdwmagic.com. I got some reading for school to do, so I may attend to that later.

Since I seem to be VERY popular on these boards lately, I'll keep everyone updated on my status.;)
Very funny. Though I wonder how many people will get that joke. LOL

;)

epcotfan

imagineer99 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom