Operating Hours Change For Frontierland and Liberty Square Merchandise Locations

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
from Main Street Headlines

All merchandise shops within Liberty Square will have reduced operating hours of 11:00 am - 6:30 pm until March 1st of 2004.

Frontierland merchandise locations operating hours are as follows:

Trading Post: 11:00 am - 6:30 pm
Big Al's: 10:00 am - Park Close
Prairie Outpost & Supply: 11:00 am - 7:30 pm
Briar Patch: 11:00 am - 6:30 pm
Splash Photo: Park open - Park close (Hours will also reflect Splash Mountain attraction during refurbishment.)

Scooter

Well the Disney People are definately losing out on some of MY money. :lol:

When I go through Th Magic Kingdom I always go to this area first. I go through the shops, spend my money, then move on to another area.

I'm not going back double-back to Frontierland later just to visit the "Now open" shops. I shop while I'm there.

Looks like Disney is shooting themselves in the foot....losing out on alot of bucks to save a few.

What a chucklehead executive decision THAT was. :lol:

wdwfan22

Nothing says bad show like seeing an attraction, shop or restaurant closed. However I don’t feel it will hurt them any since most merchandise locations stock the same items.

civileng68

Account Suspended
You know

YOu know, doesnt everyone just think this is getting rediculous? Heck, they are cutting the times back again. They cut the times back on them earlier in 2003 through mid 2003. I was almost used to going through the park after 5:00 pm and seeing all the fast food places closed. It was happening so often I almost forgot to realize how crazy it is.

the restraunts and shops and merchandise stands are all part of the park.......................you know there are problems when you are walking through with the park open and see carts all closed down.

I've been upset at Eisner for a while now but Im really starting to get highly upset and ill wishes towards him. Oh and dont any of you people who don't know anything about business come on here saying "he has nothing to do with that". He sets the budgets for these departments and then they have to find out what to cut because they dont have enough budget to even run their department.

it's just getting out of control. Attendances flourish right now and yet, the parks are cutting back, it just proves a poor use of money. He's spending this money in other places that it doesnt need to be spent.

People OUR park is being ruined right before our eyes, but so slowly that many supporters of him don't even see it. It's crazy.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
It's just sad to me. :(

This isn't the WDW I grew up with and came to love. I've never been a time to WDW when all the parks have closed @ 7pm. That's a waste of my day! I'll have to endure that though when I go in March. It's a shame.

Thanks for the info Rob. :wave:

DDPGambit

Don't worry about it closing early in March. I was there last March and didn't like the 7pm closing time either. But, we managed to do everything we wanted to. So when we left that park at 7, it was cos we were done, not cos thats when they closed. Trust me, you'll be fine!

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by One Lil Spark
It's just sad to me. :(

This isn't the WDW I grew up with and came to love. I've never been a time to WDW when all the parks have closed @ 7pm. That's a waste of my day! I'll have to endure that though when I go in March. It's a shame.

Thanks for the info Rob. :wave:

Thats why ya gotta run from wishes over to epcot to see illuminations :D

barnum42

Originally posted by WDWspider
I think Frontierland has a quite a few unique items for sale.

There was a time that was true, but when I was there in September it appeared (wooden guns aside) that they sold the same candy, kitchenware and generic t-shirts as every other shop in the park.

Bill

Account Suspended
Sigh. And to think Test Track was open until 10pm until early Oct of 2001. :( Mission: SPACE needs that now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom