OPENING DAY - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

psherman42

Mine Train is also in a park with A LOT more rides. TSMM is not only in a park with few rides, but few rides that the whole family can ride, which is why it's popularity has stayed.
This. And while it is only 38'', it does have a height requirement unlike everything else in Fantasyland.

zarpman

I had a FP+ reservation for 10:05pm on April 28 so I avoided it like the plague throughout the day. The park seemed more crowded than usual for this time of year and it was very hot (which was on par for this time of the year). While heading toward the attraction I overheard people complaining that all of the FastPasses were given out before the day. I don't know how Disney is going to reach out to everyone that FP+ is a thing now.

The ride was cute and a bit more intense than what I was expecting for a "family coaster". The twists and turns were less than that of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, but the drops were much bigger than anything else in the Magic Kingdom except for the Splash Mountain plunge. I had the pleasure of riding during the Wishes finale and the large shells bursting overhead during the outside portions of the ride really made for a spectacular first spin on the newest addition to the Magic Kingdom.

raven

I kinda get the feeling people really aren't that impressed.

Yes and no. It is what it is and it's a decent ride. Could it be better? Absolutely. The expectation level of Disney guests have greatly increased with every new attraction openening and some seem to fall a little short in some areas. Not sure if it was due to budgets or time but I've noticed at least the (extended) queue could've been thought out a little better in terms of theming. Even sounds of dwarfs laughing, snoring or even working in the mines would've added a subtle hint of theme here since guests wait a long time in these areas. Not complaining, just think that since they had a fresh start they would've covered this already.

Goofnut1980

Yes and no. It is what it is and it's a decent ride. Could it be better? Absolutely. The expectation level of Disney guests have greatly increased with every new attraction openening and some seem to fall a little short in some areas. Not sure if it was due to budgets or time but I've noticed at least the (extended) queue could've been thought out a little better in terms of theming. Even sounds of dwarfs laughing, snoring or even working in the mines would've added a subtle hint of theme here since guests wait a long time in these areas. Not complaining, just think that since they had a fresh start they would've covered this already.

I think the queue is longer than the attractions track length.. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom