Onsite versus Offsite?

real mad hatter

What would you say is the best reason for staying onsite for a WDW vacation.I know there's plenty of perks,but I've read on these threads that some people say that it's way too expensive and would rather stay offsite.So what is the biggest perk in your opinion for splashing out the extra bucks and staying in WDW. The number one reason for staying at a Disney resort ?:wave:

Annielkd

Apparently, I know nothing about both AP and DVC membership. I've learned so much in the past week. I NEVER knew that you didn't pay parking with an Anual Pass... I didn't know you could transfer points within the 30 day period into another account so they don't get wasted..... I'm wondering how I can find this information out. I do read the material they gave me. :shrug:

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hi There.

awww man... why the hate for grumpy? :lol:

grumpy dwarf rocks!!! it's just not a disney vacation unless i get a grumpy dwarf t-shirt!....

don't worry about the naysayers... keep posting... i don't have a problem with your posts...

and to answer your original question....

i prefer to stay onsite... just the immersion into disney... if i have to really budget to make a trip happen then i'll stay offsite...

Got your E-Mail,Thanks for opening your heart to explain to me.That was really nice.Wear that Grumpy shirt with pride.:wave:

Upvote 0

RmeDad

We have done both. When we went years ago (mid '80s), it was so the kids could get a full immersion in the experience. Now the kids are grown, my wife and I are 62 and it is a matter of convenience.

Upvote 0

chipndale09

for us it is a simple convience factor..perhaps accomodations are cheaper off-site , but I think once you factor in parking (on a daily basis), gas, traffic and your own personal time (which I think is worth the admission alone), staying on site is the way to go.

Off site shuttles are not has accessible as the disney ones. Some off site resorts have 1 delivery time in the morning and 1 pick-up at night. When staying on site, once you have enough, you get on a bus and go back

Plus being on site I feel we get to total Disney experience (no choice your surrounded in it, the Disney hosipitality is everywhere :) )

cheers

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Time IS money. So for us a WDW vacation must include Yacht Club or another Epcot Deluxe.

And it's a status thing.

And I like to lay out at the quiet pool all morning, and run into World Showcase in my boardshorts for a quick counter service lunch. Then zip back to the pool. Makes a world of difference.

Upvote 0

El-Fuego

It really depends how much Disney you want.

If you're planning on spending a majority of your time visiting the Disney parks and Downtown Disney then the free transportation alone is the real selling point. As other posters have said its a lot more complicated to drive to the parks and to reduce that to nothing on the ones you visit the most is part of helping reduce the stress you're meant to be avoiding by being on holiday.

Add to that the theming quality that Disney is famous for, the excellent service and that special feeling that you get when returning to your resort, it does indeed encapsulate the magic. To return to your room feeling you've left the real world behind for a couple of weeks really is worth the extra bucks.

In reality it's horses for courses and like me I assume that most folks reading and regularly posting on this site would be Disney fans and given the choice would plump for onsite.

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
even when we are on property - we often drive. I think the 'burden' of parking/driving is really overhyped. It's often offset by 'no need to wait in line to go home' when you want to leave for the night.

I don't remember the last time we needed to use the Tram at the TTC - we can always park close enough to walk. AK is always a tram ride as DHS seems to be too. But EPCOT and TTC generally we park close enough to walk.

Upvote 0

Freshee61

The perks of staying on property for me are as follows....
1. Super clean! Very important.
2. Super pretty lol
3. Good customer service
4. Yes free parking
6. Extra magic hours
7 last but not least- yes the magic;)
value resorts and moderates are fair priced half the time.

Granted their peak (holiday) prices are ridiculous!!! So in that aspect at those prices I do stay off site.

Upvote 0

Annielkd

Walking to supper

You know I hadn't thought of that. We eat nightly at Epcot.... and we love it. We just stroll over there and it's so convenient from the villlas at Boardwalk or Beach Club. That's another reason I stay there. ALSO, there is this fantastic warm breeze when you walk from the resort area to Epcot... I can't get enough of it.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

real mad hatter ... I am happy to answer any questions you post, (when I can give an itelligent answer) and please don't be fearful of asking questions in the future :wave:
For me? I prefer to stay ON site, I've stayed off site a few times (due to a sagging economy years ago) but once you enter those gates.... it just seems to leave all cares behind. No driving, no bus schedules, no reality. To my family, once we enter Disney property, it screams VACATION (who doesn't love that feeling) It may be a bit more expensive? But I LOVE that feeling. I go to Disney with the people that matter the most to me, the world is miles away!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Time IS money. So for us a WDW vacation must include Yacht Club or another Epcot Deluxe.

And it's a status thing.

And I like to lay out at the quiet pool all morning, and run into World Showcase in my boardshorts for a quick counter service lunch. Then zip back to the pool. Makes a world of difference.

Time is Money is the exact phrase I started off with when my friend asked for a little extra arm twisting to convince her to stay onsite. It worked and she came back and completely agreed. :D

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Many Thanks.

real mad hatter ... I am happy to answer any questions you post, (when I can give an itelligent answer) and please don't be fearful of asking questions in the future :wave:
For me? I prefer to stay ON site, I've stayed off site a few times (due to a sagging economy years ago) but once you enter those gates.... it just seems to leave all cares behind. No driving, no bus schedules, no reality. To my family, once we enter Disney property, it screams VACATION (who doesn't love that feeling) It may be a bit more expensive? But I LOVE that feeling. I go to Disney with the people that matter the most to me, the world is miles away!

Again,thanks for your response,my local library cannot wait till this project is finished,me too,the information I've got from WDW people has been awesome.It's a heart warming feeling when I read all the answers,some make me smile,some bring a tear to the eye,and that to me is what WDW is all about.:wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Again,thanks for your response,my local library cannot wait till this project is finished,me too,the information I've got from WDW people has been awesome.It's a heart warming feeling when I read all the answers,some make me smile,some bring a tear to the eye,and that to me is what WDW is all about.:wave:

I am sure I speak for the majority here, we all love to help. In my experiences at Disney, it was all about the memories and a great time. I don't complain, count light bulbs out, or even mind if rides go down. I always make the best out of any situation, especially when we're in Disney World!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom