Onsite versus Offsite?

real mad hatter

What would you say is the best reason for staying onsite for a WDW vacation.I know there's plenty of perks,but I've read on these threads that some people say that it's way too expensive and would rather stay offsite.So what is the biggest perk in your opinion for splashing out the extra bucks and staying in WDW. The number one reason for staying at a Disney resort ?:wave:

Steve-B

For me, it's being surrounded by the Disney Magic all day and night.
Plus, I never have to drive around in tourist traffic :sohappy:

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I know.

I need more answers for the book Iam doing and not sure how to do the proper thing on the Internet,maybe new members will respond?if they haven't seen the thread?.Don't worry,my book is almost finished and these questions will be long gone.I do appreciate the answers I get,tho sometimes I wish I hadn't agreed to do this project as my head is spinning like a carrousel.:veryconfu

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I need more answers for the book Iam doing and not sure how to do the proper thing on the Internet,maybe new members will respond?if they haven't seen the thread?.Don't worry,my book is almost finished and these questions will be long gone.I do appreciate the answers I get,tho sometimes I wish I hadn't agreed to do this project as my head is spinning like a carrousel.:veryconfu

Then simply bump your previous thread......

Upvote 0

Annielkd

Hey, I'll answer that

1. I like not having to pay for parking. I know it's a stupid reason... but, I don't want to pay.
2. I like early morning hours. I have a disability and this allows me the chance to at least get on one or two rides before I have to leave the park.
3. I like the ambience (no idea how to spell that)
4. If I wanted to use the late night hours for extra magic, I'd have them.
5. I think it's closer and easier to get to the parks.
6. If I didn't have a car I wouldn't have to have one... they provide transportation.

If I think of more... I'll let you know.

Upvote 0

Madisonsmom

We will be leaving on the 21st of April to go to WDW and Universal as a large family. We chose, this time, to stay off site because of our new child. My husband and I have always loved staying on property in the all star resorts but about two months ago we did a test run in a hotel room with our 1 year old and it was HORRIBLE. The cost of getting a room at Disney with more then one room is way to expensive for a family just making it. We are using all our tax money for this much needed vacation.

I found a four bedroom condo with private hot tub, equiped with a stroller we can use (so we don't have to lug one down) along with crib, high chair, and baby gate for 89 a night. 5 Miles off property. Our little one will have her own room where she can get the much needed rest without wanting to climb into bed with us. This also will allow Grandma to stay back 1 or2 days (while we go to Universal) and be able to cook, go to the pool, and playground relaxing with out little one.

Hopefully when she is older we can venture back to staying on property but WDW prices and accomidations don't make it easy to have a budget vacation with a child that young.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Cheers.

1. I like not having to pay for parking. I know it's a stupid reason... but, I don't want to pay.
2. I like early morning hours. I have a disability and this allows me the chance to at least get on one or two rides before I have to leave the park.
3. I like the ambience (no idea how to spell that)
4. If I wanted to use the late night hours for extra magic, I'd have them.
5. I think it's closer and easier to get to the parks.
6. If I didn't have a car I wouldn't have to have one... they provide transportation.

If I think of more... I'll let you know.

Many thanks for your answers,much appreciated.:wave:

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Iam here.

He's been here six months, and started a couple hundred in that time. I'm sure he can handle it. The site does have a set amount of space....

Is there a problem with asking questions on this site?how much space is left?the reason again for the umpteenth time is my local library asked me to compile a book on WDW with visitors answers,which is almost finished,never again.And trust me,if I knew how to BUMP,I would BUMP. Can't wait to get to Disney to meet all the dwarfs,except Grumpy.:shrug:

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

One of the main reasons for me choosing a Disney resort rather than a cheaper I-Drive alternative is that I don't have to put up with noisy drunks at 2am, kicking doors, vomiting and __________________ in lifts (elevators) and stairwells.

Add into the mix -

Free parking at the parks.
Free item delivery to resort.
Free DDP.
Extra Magic Hours.
Immersed in Disney.

What's not to like?

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Simple Convenience...

I think it comes down to simple convenience.

Free Transfers to and from the airport.
Being able to take advantage of Free Dining when available.
Free Parking
Transportation System to all the parks
Extra Magic Hours
The Magic of just staying on grounds! There must be pixie dust in the air....

PS. I enjoy all your posts! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom