Online FP+ - when do 60 days officially begin?

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Anyone know exactly what time of day you can start making FP+ when you're 60 days out from arrival day? Midnight? 6am? 8am?
(Eastern Standard/Orlando local time, of course).

ratherbeinwdw

Anyone know exactly what time of day you can start making FP+ when you're 60 days out from arrival day? Midnight? 6am? 8am?
(Eastern Standard/Orlando local time, of course).
There's really no hurry. We could still get fastpasses for everything day of except for 7DMT, TSMM, Soarin and Peter Pan.
We even got fastpasses for Splash, Little Mermaid, Jungle Cruise, Winnie the Pooh etc. after we used our first three. We got some as late as 7. It really was a pain to go to the kiosk and wait in line to get another pass. It also never had our entire party at the kiosk. It would have different ones each time. I had control of all the people with us, so it made no sense. It happened at every park. We were always told, "It is a problem." So make sure everyone in your party is with you at the kiosk to get additional fastpasses in case their names don't show on your account.
And, even though it says you can go straight to another of certain rides when the ride is down during your window, we had to still go to the kiosk. The problem is that the email doesn't come telling you which rides you can go to instead for a while. And we found that we couldn't use it for another ride until the email came. I think that's why the cm's kept telling us to go to the kiosk to change to another ride. It rained every day most of the day, so this happened to us a lot.

slappy magoo

Original Poster
There's really no hurry. We could still get fastpasses for everything day of except for 7DMT, TSMM, Soarin and Peter Pan.
Those are amongst my biggest concerns. That and a particular meet and greet that sounds like even FP+ holders wait in line for hours unless they can go first thing in the morning.

LAM378

Those are amongst my biggest concerns. That and a particular meet and greet that sounds like even FP+ holders wait in line for hours unless they can go first thing in the morning.

I made mine for August 10-19 last week at midnight. 7DMT & A&E were available for each day. There wasn't much wiggle room for mistakes/second thoughts--timeslots were disappearing FAST, even for the tail end of my trip. I went back into MDE early the next morning just out of curiosity, and there were no FPs available for those two. So I strongly recommend doing it at midnight.

I had a little trouble with Festival of the Lion King, too, and haven't been able to change it to a better time so far. If that's a priority for you, it's another one to snatch up at the midnight mark.

slappy magoo

Original Poster
I made mine for August 10-19 last week at midnight. 7DMT & A&E were available for each day. There wasn't much wiggle room for mistakes/second thoughts--timeslots were disappearing FAST, even for the tail end of my trip. I went back into MDE early the next morning just out of curiosity, and there were no FPs available for those two. So I strongly recommend doing it at midnight.

I had a little trouble with Festival of the Lion King, too, and haven't been able to change it to a better time so far. If that's a priority for you, it's another one to snatch up at the midnight mark.
Thanks for the heads up.

ratherbeinwdw

We had no trouble getting into FotLK as standby last week. We didn't go until 5, but we didn't need a single fastpass even though there were passes available. Kali was the only thing with a line and the wait was only 20 minutes. August may be different, and it may have been worse earlier in the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom