Online Dining Reservations No Longer Allow Multiple Reservations

dizzney

Somewhere like Cali grill or V&A i can understand.
Although I made a reservation at flying fish 6 months ago for my last month trip and didnt have to leave a credit card #.

Also I booked last week Flying fish for October and had to leave no credit card to book it. Also Booked Yachtmans and Narcossees with no credit card needed.

Never have had to leave one for Yachtmans or Narcossee's only, nor Citricos or Artist Point.
I think its just a Cali Grill and V&A thing.

I had to leave a credit card for Flying Fish when we went last August since we booked the sweethear dinner and it was required.

I also gave one for our upcoming Auugst trip when I reserved for the Fantasmic Dining Package

So glad they are finally taking action on these multiple reservations, people need to be considerate of others

Krack

That's using a bazooka to kill a fly.

If you start asking for a credit card hold for people to make reservations, they are going to be a lot less likely to make reservations. And Disney wants people making reservations so it can be sure all of its restaurants are booked solid all the time.

Any solution which causes the average guest some kind of pain or inconvenience isn't going to fly.

The current system causes the average guest (the guy that doesn't plan his meals 180 days in advance) far more inconvenience than no reservation system at all. It's terrible for the "average" guest.

lebeau

The current system causes the average guest (the guy that doesn't plan his meals 180 days in advance) far more inconvenience than no reservation system at all. It's terrible for the "average" guest.

No argument from me. I'd be all for getting rid of ADRs. But Disney's not going to do that because the ADR system makes them money.

suechris2

found a snag

I'm going with a party of 9. I had reservations booked for 2 of us at one place and the other 7 at another before they changed the policy on double booking. I canceled the one for 7 and tried to rebook them at another restaurant. The system would not allow me to do this because of my other reservation for 2. it gives the option to cancel one reservation or call. I called.
They need to ask on the site how many people you are traveling with so this won't happen. There is no reason why you can split your group and make separate reservations for each.
The cast member on the phone was great and understood the situation. however, her search results for a new reservation were coming up different then mine. I was seeing open reservations for more restaurants and times then she was. Even if I canceled out of the the site and let her search so we weren't messing each other up.
Ultimately i had to make the new reservation that she couldn't see and select the option to cancel my other one.
As I did this she searched for the reservation I had canceled and booked it for me on her end so I didn't lose it.

devoy1701

I'm going with a party of 9. I had reservations booked for 2 of us at one place and the other 7 at another before they changed the policy on double booking. I canceled the one for 7 and tried to rebook them at another restaurant. The system would not allow me to do this because of my other reservation for 2. it gives the option to cancel one reservation or call. I called.
They need to ask on the site how many people you are traveling with so this won't happen. There is no reason why you can split your group and make separate reservations for each.
The cast member on the phone was great and understood the situation. however, her search results for a new reservation were coming up different then mine. I was seeing open reservations for more restaurants and times then she was. Even if I canceled out of the the site and let her search so we weren't messing each other up.
Ultimately i had to make the new reservation that she couldn't see and select the option to cancel my other one.
As I did this she searched for the reservation I had canceled and booked it for me on her end so I didn't lose it.

Interesting. Thank you for the feedback.

Might I suggest writing a note to Guest Relations about this. I doubt that the agent you worked with on the phone took down the issue as a process enhancement, but in any case I would suggest that you send your own note explaining the situation. This might very well lead to an enhancement to the online ADR process to allow what you're asking for.

On another note, I guess a work around would be to book the one ressie that is most important/harder to get into, then phone in the second reservation, but the ability of that working depends on how popular the restaurants are in whether or not you run into the situation that you just described. :wave:

awilliams4

Original Poster

Simple work around. Make the 2nd reservation under a different phone number.

wendymitchell

My sister and I walked up to LeCellier one Sunday afternoon when it was raining very hard, the park was empty, a group of 4 other people walked in around the same time. When we asked if they had a table the CM was ready to seat us until she found out it was only 2 of us then she said they didn't have anything available. Since then two different times I have tried to make reservation for LeCellier on-line for 2 and it was not available. The second time I changed it to 4 people, same time, same day and we got in. We showed up an hour early and told them that it would be just 2 of us because our friends changed their minds and would not be joining us.

We are a family of 5 and have had trouble making a reservation for 5 at LeCellier. We could make a reservation for 4 or for 6, but when I put in 5 nothing was available. Tried to call in and the same thing. So, the Disney CM I was talking to made a reservation for 6 and then went back in and modified the reservation for 5. For some reason, LeCellier only accepts reservations for certain party sizes.

John

I am amazed at the inconsideration of some people. Not only is it inconsiderate to other guest but to the WDW resturants. How are they supposed to have the proper amonut of food prepared for a piticular night or to schedule the proper amount of staff. Any good resturant has a reservation system. The problem is more and more people taking advantage of it.

To some degree Disney has put themselves in this position by offering free dining as an incentive. That said it dosnt excuse those who dont care about anyone else's experiance. This change will help but wont solve the problem all together. Disney is for everyone...young ....old and even inconsiderate people.

G00fyDad

I am amazed at the inconsideration of some people. Not only is it inconsiderate to other guest but to the WDW resturants. How are they supposed to have the proper amonut of food prepared for a piticular night or to schedule the proper amount of staff. Any good resturant has a reservation system. The problem is more and more people taking advantage of it.

To some degree Disney has put themselves in this position by offering free dining as an incentive. That said it dosnt excuse those who dont care about anyone else's experiance. This change will help but wont solve the problem all together. Disney is for everyone...young ....old and even inconsiderate people.

I'm with you on this. Too many people taking advantage of the system. I have seen people book as many as 4 different places in one night just so they can choose at the last minute where they'd like to actually eat. When they get asked why they think they deserve preferential treatment they either just laugh or say that it's their vacation so Disney can just deal with it. And some of these people actually have the nerve to get mad when they decide to not eat at any of the places they booked and then find out they cannot get a table as a walk up somewhere else. :rolleyes:

I think it would be funny if Disney CM's would take the reservations and compare all data to make sure that they aren't trying to abuse the system. If they are then they should go ahead and make the new reservation and just delete the older one. I'd love to see someone face when they get to the restaurant to find out there first reservation was deleted. :)

draybook

What does Free Dining have to do with this? We will be taking advantage of FD next month for the second time in our 4 trips and we only book one reservation at a time. Even when I cancelled our Tusker breakfast for a Cali Grill dinner, I cancelled Tusker first and then booked Cali.

BigTxEars

I think ADRs have great positives and negatives to them, but I will be darned if I can come up with a better solution for Disney to handle the dinning issue.

I think overall they are needed as roaming from restaurant to restaurant in a park trying to find a table sounds less than fun :ROFLOL:

I also think like many here that folks making multiple ressies for the same meal are very piggish and need a nice whack upside the ole noggin with a stale loaf of french bread :)

Krack

I said it a couple months ago (and a couple pages ago), but they need to charge for the reservations. Like a deposit. Apply whatever the charge is to the cost of the meal. That is the only way to stop people from making multiple reservations for the same time.

devoy1701

What does Free Dining have to do with this? We will be taking advantage of FD next month for the second time in our 4 trips and we only book one reservation at a time. Even when I cancelled our Tusker breakfast for a Cali Grill dinner, I cancelled Tusker first and then booked Cali.

Free Dining makes it harder to get into restaurants because a lot more people are eating sit down meals who otherwise wouldn't normally care to (or atleast not as much). The dining plan in general is what causes the need to book meals 180 days in advance and has helped to drive up food prices while lowering the quality of entrees on the menus.

G00fyDad

Free Dining makes it harder to get into restaurants because a lot more people are eating sit down meals who otherwise wouldn't normally care to (or atleast not as much). The dining plan in general is what causes the need to book meals 180 days in advance and has helped to drive up food prices while lowering the quality of entrees on the menus.

But we're talking about Disney allowing multiple reservations or trying to prevent them. Not about FD.

I know, I know.... "Everyone that uses FD books a bunch of places!". Not everyone. I use FD each trip and I don't overbook TS places. I have talked with CMs about this not being able to get a walk-up table garbage and they said that the DDP has little to do with it. They said that even if there were no DDP then a person would still have a hard time getting a seat as a walk up. The crowds are higher than they used to be so please don't use the "I used to be able to walk up and get a table." Here's a tip for those who love to complain that they cannot get a walk up seat... try planning a little. Set your ADR's and stop griping. "But I like to play it by ear and not be tied to a set schedule!" Then stop complaining that you cannot get a table. YOu cannot have it both ways. That's pretty narcissistic.

devoy1701

But we're talking about Disney allowing multiple reservations or trying to prevent them. Not about FD.

I know, I know.... "Everyone that uses FD books a bunch of places!". Not everyone. I use FD each trip and I don't overbook TS places. I have talked with CMs about this not being able to get a walk-up table garbage and they said that the DDP has little to do with it. They said that even if there were no DDP then a person would still have a hard time getting a seat as a walk up. The crowds are higher than they used to be so please don't use the "I used to be able to walk up and get a table." Here's a tip for those who love to complain that they cannot get a walk up seat... try planning a little. Set your ADR's and stop griping. "But I like to play it by ear and not be tied to a set schedule!" Then stop complaining that you cannot get a table. YOu cannot have it both ways. That's pretty narcissistic.

When you have to book 180 days out, people tend not to know where they want to eat. They also know what restaurants tend to book up the fastest so yes, FD and DDP have been the cause of people booking multiple reservations. It doesn't matter if it's everyone or not, but it's enough to cause problems.

And you also leave out the whole set of visitors who just go for the day or APers who don't normally plan trips 180 days out. But that's another conversation that we've already had on this site many times.

You sir sound like you need to get of your high horse at such an early hour! Most front end CMs have no knowledge of why things are the way they are so don't take the word of just one CM as gold. Attendence may be higher than it was in the 90s, but the Dining Plans have exploded the popularity of the sit down restuarants. Good business decision but it has an unfortunate negative effect on some visitors.

kennygman

Anyone can game the system if they really want to. All someone would need to do is either make the reservation in a different name or use a different email address. It only protects against an honest person.

Charging a deposit for every reservation will only drastically reduce total reservations and thus reduce income to the restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom