Online check-in, yes or no????

luvtink

Original Poster
Is it wise to use online check-in or just wait until you get to the resort? We have special requests for building and adjoining rooms. We will be there early morning to "check in" at the resort and then head to the parks for the day. I have already requested our special requests by phone and they are noted in my reservation. I am concered about the possible long lines of people checking out at the same time as we would be checking in but since I have never done online check-in I am concerned that we won't get our room requests.

sophie_the_pooh

You can add some special requests when you do the online check in, there's a check list with different options such as which building you would like or if you want to be close to a bus stop, for example. You can also request adjoining rooms. Your requests are not guaranteed, they will try to accommodate you but it's not always possible, your best bet is to add them both by phone and online and hope for the best!:)

SAV

Since on-line check-in allows them to get things set up ahead of time, I would think doing on-line check-in would benefit you and give you more of a chance to get your requests.

Then if you don't get your request, you can go up front and see if they can accommodate you if it wasn't done via on-line. But keep in mind requests are not guaranteed and may not happen.

Tinkerbella16

I used it for the first time last trip. I always liked the normal way of checking in. I had requests for my trip last November. I also used the TP room request fax and did online check-in. My requests were granted and I got the room I requested, and since you give your time of arrival with online check-in, they do try hard to make sure your room is ready. I got the text before getting on DME that my room was ready. It was great! I also made sure not to click on the box that says my room being ready early takes priority over my room requests. I'll be using online check-in this year too.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

jaklgreen

And just because you do on line check in does not mean that they can not change your room if you are not happy with it. You are not "stuck" with whatever room they give you. If you have been before and know they layout of the resort then there is no reason to stand at the counter for 20 minutes while they check you in. We always do on line check in since they have introduced it. We LOVE it! The last few trips we have received our text while on Magical Express and have gone straight to the room, no stopping at the front desk. For us, this was one of the worst experiences at WDW. We travelled 1/2 a day with a couple of kids and all we wanted to do was dump our stuff in our room and get something to eat and start our vacation. But the check in process always took so long, sometimes up to 45 min if they were busy. Not a fun way to start a vacation.

luvtink

Original Poster
Thank you so much everyone! I have always arrived at a no busy time so never took advantage of online check in. However, I will give it a go this time! Sounds like it's the way to go!

deeevo

I do both. I check in online so I can put in my requests and it makes me feel like I am getting closer to my vacation time. Gets me excited. Then I show up at the counter because it gives me the warm fuzzies when the say " Welcome Home" and I just like the process of being a new guest. The text thing never works for me anyway.

Rob562

One thing that can't be done via online check-in is setting up different credit cards for different people in the room. That still has to be done at the desk, though it can be done after-the-fact. (And if you want to do separate credit cards, I'd suggest not setting up room charge at all while doing online check-in)

Also for the OP, you mentioned adjoining rooms. If you want rooms that actually connect with an interior door, you'll want to make sure to specifically request *connecting* rooms. "Adjoining" to Disney simply means room next-to or nearby, not necessarily with a connecting door.

-Rob

ginadee

My last trip we did online checkin and had special room requests. Our flight arrived at 9:30 am. I got a text that our room was ready and since we had our bands we could just go straight to our room. It was fantastic.

luvtink

Original Poster
One thing that can't be done via online check-in is setting up different credit cards for different people in the room. That still has to be done at the desk, though it can be done after-the-fact. (And if you want to do separate credit cards, I'd suggest not setting up room charge at all while doing online check-in)

Also for the OP, you mentioned adjoining rooms. If you want rooms that actually connect with an interior door, you'll want to make sure to specifically request *connecting* rooms. "Adjoining" to Disney simply means room next-to or nearby, not necessarily with a connecting door.

-Rob
Oh, thank you for the connecting rooms tip! I never thought of that!

luvtink

Original Poster
My last trip we did online checkin and had special room requests. Our flight arrived at 9:30 am. I got a text that our room was ready and since we had our bands we could just go straight to our room. It was fantastic.
That would be great!

luvtink

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I checked in online last night and made my two room requests then called them to request the connecting rooms. I am so excited, it's now 29 days!!!!

DisneyFans4Life

I just did online check-in for our trip next week and it did not allow me to select a king bed, though I did have the CM note it on our reservation when I booked over the phone.

glvsav37

debating the same thing...online or in person. I love checking in in-person b/c to me, its my 1st 'welcome to disney world' moment.

But this trip we are arriving very late—10:45 pm-ish, in early August and i'm afraid of getting the 'last of what's left' room. Compounded by the fact that we are doing our first stay at AKL where the view is the main driver for staying here.

I'm tempted to call ahead and let them know that we are indeed on our way, but I doubt this will do much of anything.

Any advice for those very late arrivals?

spaceghost

debating the same thing...online or in person. I love checking in in-person b/c to me, its my 1st 'welcome to disney world' moment.

But this trip we are arriving very late—10:45 pm-ish, in early August and i'm afraid of getting the 'last of what's left' room. Compounded by the fact that we are doing our first stay at AKL where the view is the main driver for staying here.

I'm tempted to call ahead and let them know that we are indeed on our way, but I doubt this will do much of anything.

Any advice for those very late arrivals?

Online check-in is great for late arrivals. I had a trip last May where I was arriving close to midnight. With online check-in, I got a text earlier in the day (before I was on my flight, actually) telling me what my room was and that it was ready. I just went straight to the room upon arrival and my MagicBand let me in. That was it. Super easy.

glvsav37

Online check-in is great for late arrivals. I had a trip last May where I was arriving close to midnight. With online check-in, I got a text earlier in the day (before I was on my flight, actually) telling me what my room was and that it was ready. I just went straight to the room upon arrival and my MagicBand let me in. That was it. Super easy.

thank you...exactly what I needed to know.

Figmentation

Our family had a bad experience with Online Checkin back in October.

We got to the resort, and 5 pm our room was not ready yet. No text, no anything.

So we ended up going to the front desk and they said we didn't check in despite doing so. We had to go through the process to check in and finally get our rooms. It was pretty stupid.

So, we're probably just going to stick with onsite checkin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom