Online Check-in Question

Tinkerbell397

Original Poster
I am now 8 days out from leaving for The World! Yeah.... :sohappy:
Are there an advantages/disadvantages to checking in online? Thanks!

disneygirl1

I think one of the perks is the fact that it speeds up the check-in process once you arrive at your resort. Apparently, there is a seperate check-in area for those who checked in online. Packet with all of your resort info and KTTW cards will be ready once you get there.

I am however, hearing that if you want to make a specific request when checking in online, it will not allow you, so if you do have a request I would call to make sure you get what you want.

I for one will be using it in Sept. simply b/c I want to getting going as soon as I arrive. The less time I have to worry about checking in the better! Have a wonderful trip!!!

disney4life2008

The advantage - you have a separate check in line (with little to no wait). When I checked in in my May, my was zero minutes and I was at the desk for about 5 minutes. All my paperwork was ready to go.

The disadvantage, you can not make requests online.

mitchk

What if you already made a building request when you booked the trip? Would it still be there when you check in on line?

I_heart_Tigger

What if you already made a building request when you booked the trip? Would it still be there when you check in on line?

I'm wondering the same thing. I would like to do the online check-in as well. I have already called to request a certain building so if they ignore the requests with online check-in I'd rather wait in line.

I don't know if they assign the room number until you actually get there? Anyone know?

timeman

I used online check in back in April and called to request a certain building. When I got to the desk the cast member noticed that they had given me a room in a different building then what I had requested and got my room changed to a room in the building I wanted. So your room request will be with your information when the person creates your folder for online check in.

So call and make your request and hopefully you will get it.

stonehill1968

Dunno, I've always looked forward to a warm, in-person welcome during the check-in process, a pleasant conversation being the beginning of the "magic." Going the on-line route just seems so mechanical. But maybe I'm just old.

danpam1024

You still talk to a CM...and they're just as wonderful, just at a desk with no line. We just used this service at BC June 11, and it was the very first time our room was ready when we got there at 9am! In fact, as we walked up to the counter, she was just finishing up with our welcome packet! I made the reservation online, but had to modify it (PH discount) and added the room request then, and we got the request we wanted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom