Online check-in question...

Disney Daddy

I know we are now able to check-in online 10 days out from our arrival. My question is, are you required to use a credit card for your online check-in? If so, do they automatically "hold" a certain amount?

I had no plans on using a credit card for anything while in Disney. I do not need a credit card attached to my room key for purchases, as I will be paying cash for everything outside of our meal plan.

I was just wondering. If I do have to attach a credit card if I book online...looks like I will be doing it the old fashioned way!

Check-in counter...here we come!!! LOL!!!!

Doombuggy13

I just used the online check-in last month. There was nothing to it. Just fill out the required info online and then your entire check-in folder with keys to the world are ready to be picked up when you arrive at your resort. Makes check-in lightning fast. To answer your main question, there was no requirement to use a credit card for the online check-in, but you have the option to provide a credit card should you wish to charge on your room key. Like you, I prefer not to give them one, just pay cash.

Upvote 0

Disney Daddy

Original Poster
Thanks for the response! That is good to hear. The quicker we can get to the parks, the better. I can't believe our trip is this close. It has been more than five years since we have been to Disney!!!! Took time off to have kids and do the cruise thing! I am so looking forward to this much needed trip!

--Buzz

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Rob562

Also, if you *do* provide a credit card to allow room charging and express check-out, they do *not* put a hold of any kind on your card. They simply run through an authorization for $0.00 to ensure that the card is a valid card.

If you allow charging to the room and you use the charging privledges during your stay, they won't charge anything to the card until either a) you've reached the pre-set charging limit for your room, or b) it's the overnight hours of the night before you check out when they settle up the bill, whichever event happens first.

And even if you've charged things to the room, you can still go down to the front desk at any time during your trip and settle up the bill with cash or another payment method. You just need to make sure to do so before the two events mentioned above. Even if you don't plan on charging anything to the room, consider leaving a credit card anyway, to allow for express check-out. That way you don't need to visit the front desk on your check-out day.

-Rob

Upvote 0

nancy33458

Did online check in yesterday and did not leave a credit card and it was fine. I hope checking in online won't have any affect on my room requests. We leave in 9 days, can't wait.
Have a magical trip.

Upvote 0

podcastle

We could not check in on line. Kept saying to try back later. Called our travel agent and she was able to do so just fine. Says this has happened to a few others as well. We opted to leave credit card info and enter room requests.

Upvote 0

Nordo

If you check in on-line, can you still request joining rooms? Do I check in both for myself and my mom's room? Do we both request joining rooms? Help! I always get to the hotel super early in the morning and have never had a problem checking in? Is there any advantages to checking in on-line?

Upvote 0

disneyliv85

I am also curious about the joining rooms when checking in online. I think I may just check in the old fashioned way.

Has anyone noticed a decrease in the regular check in due to some guests checking in online? It's probably too early to tell, but ya never know!!

20 more days for me!

Upvote 0

kitten2299

How much time do you save by checking in online? Is everything in your folder and handed to you or does someone still explain everything to you? Also when you check in online is there a spot to mention birthdays?

Upvote 0

devilsrule2004

i always check in online, it makes it easier
sbiggrin.gif

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom