Online Check In Complete

Pooh Lover

So exciting....love online check-in for that "I'm SO going to Disney World" feeling! Have a fabulous vacation and congratulations on your 10 year anniversary!

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

thats the best feeling in the world~

there is nothing better than getting those emails once your a couple weeks out from your trip! like, "dont forget to use online check in" and " wow! only a few more days till your trip" lol.....i still have 238 days till my vacation...april 28th to may 5th....but what do you all do for the let down after the trip? you plan so, so long with looking on diff. websites, photos, trip reports, hotel pics, watching disney movies etc...then in a blink of an eye its over! how strange that that happens....

Upvote 0

Bulldog1653

We fly out on 9/15 for 10 days staying at CBR. We're going to surprise the kids the day we fly out. They've been watching tons of Disney movies and shows about Disney on TV and I can't wait to see the look on their faces when we tell them.

Does anyone have a weblink for the online check in? I'm going to handle that tomorrow.

Upvote 0

lbrad

We fly out on 9/15 for 10 days staying at CBR. We're going to surprise the kids the day we fly out. They've been watching tons of Disney movies and shows about Disney on TV and I can't wait to see the look on their faces when we tell them.

Does anyone have a weblink for the online check in? I'm going to handle that tomorrow.

walt disney world.com

Online check in for me in 14 days!

Upvote 0

Mikester71

there is nothing better than getting those emails once your a couple weeks out from your trip! like, "dont forget to use online check in" and " wow! only a few more days till your trip" lol.....i still have 238 days till my vacation...april 28th to may 5th....but what do you all do for the let down after the trip? you plan so, so long with looking on diff. websites, photos, trip reports, hotel pics, watching disney movies etc...then in a blink of an eye its over! how strange that that happens....

Don't worry...that 238 days will fly right by. But on the flip side, yeah, I hate, hate, HATE that let down feeling you get immediately after you return to the real world. It does seem like it is all over in the blink of an eye, you are spot on there! We came back in March from our 4th trip to the World and I felt it right away. A lot of it could be the fact that we don't have another trip planned anytime soon, where a month or so after returning from each of the first three trips, we had already decided we would be heading back in 2 years time. Not this time unfortunately. :cry: Money is tight right now, and although my wife and I were hoping to finally get away, just the two of us for once, it looks like it is going to have to wait a couple of more years or more.

In the meantime, I can visit wonderful sites like this and find joy in the great trip reports and pictures posted by other Disney fanatics. I know it is not the same when you have no trip in the foreseeable future, but it is the next best thing. So keep posting everyone...and hope all of you heading to the World in the not so distant future have MAGICAL trips!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

RobnRachal

Just did on-line checkin for The Dream!!! Got a ways to go before we can checkin for our Pop Century stay 83 more days!!!!!
At least this is one more countdown number we can check off the daily number roll :lol:

Upvote 0

mjmyers10

I love online check in and recommend it for all my clients. When you get off of Magical Express along with 10 other families, it really pays off. I've also noticed that if you let them know you will be arriving early in the day, they generally already have your room ready for you. The last 3 times we were there for an early arrival time, our room was ready by 9 am. You can just drop off your carry on bag in your room and head to the parks!

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

There is no real advantage. The only potential advantage is faster check-in. Let me try to explain the pro's and con's as best I can.

1. If you have specific requirements, online check-in may not be good. The reason is your rooms are assigned and your package is complete. You cannot make changes in the online check-in line. You will need to go to the regular check-in line after to have those changes remedied. (waiting in line twice, they do not put you to the front of the other line)

2. If you are not familiar with the resort or WDW in general, online check-in is not much benefit. The CMs are not supposed to walk you through everything that is offered, details of the resort, where the buses are, where the food court is, and anything like that. It is more for Disney veterans that do not need the attention.

3. If you want to check-in quicker (potentially) without being given the exceptional details from the CM, online check-in is great. You go up, hand them a license, they verify the reservation, grab a package, and you are on your way. It can be done in a matter of minutes depending on the lines.

4. Check-in in general: For some reason, it can be hilarious to watch. There are 3 CMs working online check-in with 2 people in line. Then there are 2 CMs working regular check-in with 10 people in line. I think a Kiosk systems at the resort for online check-in would be better, but that is my opinion.

I have done both and they are both good. We had a situation with PC where we required 1st floor rooms. We did online check-in, listed it as a medical necessity, paid for preferred, and were given 3rd floor rooms as far away as possible. They wanted us to lug all our stuff back, wait in line at the lobby again to see if there was anything they could do. It was not acceptable and I was not getting off the phone with them until it was resolved. It took another hour to be corrected as Bell Service was waiting there with our luggage. If we had not done online check-in, we would not have had an issue.

Don't get me wrong, the CMs were apologetic, courteous, and exceptional as always. However, their mistake wasted nearly 2 hours of our time to correct their mistake.

Upvote 0

hajenga

Did online check in today

Did online check in today:sohappy::hammer::sohappy::hammer::sohappy:. Can't wait. Hate to be getting in so late (probably 930pm). My son today said "I got something funny to tell you...... It's seven days till we go and we're going to be there 7 days...... that's funny". I can't wait to watch him at Disney:D.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom