Online airport check-in and baggage

kkgunn

Has anyone done the airline check-in at home online and then had to check bags when you arrive at the airport?? I'm wondering if this saves any time waiting in line, since you have to check the bags once you get there. My husband does it all the time for work, but he just brings a carry on..

swimmom

With American Airlines it saves us lots of time at O'hare airport!!! When we get to the airport, we can either go to self check in to check our bags or a skycap. (Check your airline's website it will be fully explained) Our last trip it probably took us less than 10 minutes to check our bags. When we had to stand in line to check in it would take us anywhere from a half hour to an hour most of the time. I love online check in highly and recommend it.

Upvote 0

Goofy4WDW

If you mean printing off your boarding passes at home, before going to the airport... yea... it can save you a lot of time. You still need to check your bags, but that doesn't take too long. You can also do the same at your Disney resort, for your return trip. Orlando International is such a crowded airport anyway. We zipped through the baggage check portion in 3-4 minutes.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Goofy4WDW said:
If you mean printing off your boarding passes at home, before going to the airport... yea... it can save you a lot of time. You still need to check your bags, but that doesn't take too long. You can also do the same at your Disney resort, for your return trip. Orlando International is such a crowded airport anyway. We zipped through the baggage check portion in 3-4 minutes.
I just found out about using guest services to check in on line and print boarding passes for return trips on another thread a few days ago. I'm glad to hear how quickly you can check your bags at Orlando International. Not that I am ever in a hurry to return home from WDW. :cry:

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

When I checked in on line for Continental last month and printed my boarding pass, I found it didn't save any time because when I arrived at the airport I still had to check my bags. I always check the bags curbside, so I still had to wait there for the skycap which would be the same amount of time if I didn't do it on line, since the skycap gives you your boarding pass. I avoid going into the counter to check the bags at all costs. I guess it depends on the airport and if there is curbside or not. Also, if you checked in on line on Continental, they gave you a free coupon for the headsets on board.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

odisneyfan said:
dumb question. how do you go about doing the on-line check in and baggage i never did it before is it easy to do. thanks:brick:

Go to the airlines website that you are flying on and there will be an area to check in on line. Each website is a little different, so you might have to do a little hunting to find it, but some are right on the home page. You will need your confirmation number which will be on the eticket.

Upvote 0

Trishnh

Goofy4WDW said:

Do the resorts have internet access available to guests to do this? I always do it from home before we leave and it is great since we fly SouthWest and they do not assign seats. Then we just drop our bags with the sky cap and are ready to go--So easy!! I would love to be able to do the same thing on our return trip! Anyone have any info on this?? :wave:

Upvote 0

TrentMom

Hi. I couldn't find anywhere to post my question. I hope someone can help. My husband and I are taking ourson who will be 21 months to Disney for the first time next month. I read that his car sear can't be over 16 inches wide. Our car seat is too big and I checked to see if my mother in law's for him was small enough, but it was 18 inches. Has anyone ever used a car seat on the airplane and can tell me what one to buy for him? We are leaving Sept 10th. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Trentmom
27 Days

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom