One week in the world, does it matter what day to arrive and leave?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We have always done a traditional week over the years. meaning we leave on Friday after school work or take that day off and stay til following Thursday or Friday. So I am looking at airfares and hotel rates and playing with data....have more flexibility now. So arriving on a Wednesday or Thursday and leaving 7 days later so far looks best for cost. What is there to consider I am not thinking of.....I am planning on going before and into the first week in February so well before Presidents Day crowd surge....my favorite park is the MK....any thoughts on your experience pros cons of arriving and leaving any particular day? Thanks! :happy: I seem to recall something about at least the flying part and certain days being more costly than others....

Much-Pixie-Dust

We tend to base our trips according to airfare. This time it’s cheapest to fly in on a Friday and out on a Thursday, so those are our trip days. We can get nonstop flights to Orlando and Tampa. This time Tampa was the cheapest, so we are flying in there. We don’t use DME, so that’s not a factor.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
No real cons at all...only savings.

The weak you are looking at is one of the few slower times left so enjoy.

Yes I was sure hoping it still is....several years ago the schools gave us that odd week for break and it was the best trip ever for crowds, weather, etc. I seem to recall the shutdowns were finished by then as well, but Splash Mountain might still have been closed that year.
Savings are important, I was just looking through my Disney emails from 2016 and prior and noting how much the resort has gone up....yes I know it goes up every year but it was sticker shock for a few....flexibility to travel is a blessing. :angelic:

SAV

Typically MK is more crowded on X day or Y day, etc. So if you are a person who has to go to a specific park on day 1, then you may be impacted. For us, Tuesday or Wednesday is always the cheapest airfare so our trip usually starts midweek.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Typically MK is more crowded on X day or Y day, etc. So if you are a person who has to go to a specific park on day 1, then you may be impacted. For us, Tuesday or Wednesday is always the cheapest airfare so our trip usually starts midweek.

Ha yes....I always go to MK first day even though it's a partial day. So thanks good to think on that. Had not punched in Tuesday will see how that compares. I have enough skymiles to cover all of us if the pricepoint is right....basically I am so thrilled to BE in the MK upon arrival no matter what the crowd level.....:happy:

JIMINYCR

basically I am so thrilled to BE in the MK upon arrival no matter what the crowd level.....:happy:

Same with us. Enter onto Main Street and nothing matters except that youre back. Funny how the crowd levels doesnt seem to hit us until the next time we enter the park. We also try arriving and leaving on a Wed, mid week. It has always worked better for us travel wise. It just seems to feel like theres less checking in & out mid week too.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Same with us. Enter onto Main Street and nothing matters except that youre back. Funny how the crowd levels doesnt seem to hit us until the next time we enter the park. We also try arriving and leaving on a Wed, mid week. It has always worked better for us travel wise. It just seems to feel like theres less checking in & out mid week too.

Well you inspired me to check out Wed to Wed!! I already have a 7 day ticket but adding another day is minimal and the airfare is the same amount of points, leaving early in morning and departing later at night for maximum park adventure. Since we haven't been in a few years another day is priceless....(er well the price is nominal....) Here's to hoping that a room discount will pop up for that period but seems to me that is they time of year I have always snagged a good one too. MORE fastpass plus options and more vacation.....woohoo! :angelic:

Ok so in the past I always was able to go to the parks and see what the schedule refurbishment were....is that still available? Could not locate, and yes I know they are not likely to include all but mostly I have found Splash or BTM Closed during January and usually it was announced way in advance. Thanks everyone, I always have found great minds to bounce these things off of here!:happy::happy::happy:

JIMINYCR

You can still get notice of things closed for refurb. But you can also search and find a listing of closed/ refurb attractions ahead of time online. Most of the Disney sites that offer travel info, offer tips, and have forums have a section for those lists so you can be prepared for being disappointed when your fav ride will be down. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

yedliW

For me, the days tend to not matter when I am there.. it doesn't feel like a Monday.. it is just Animal Kingdom day.. if that makes sense.. we typically have gone the weekend to weekend route, letting the airlines decide what day we go down and back (Saturday or Sunday).

We may look into this sort of thing on a future trip, it could make for an interesting change of pace.. Our next trip will likely be next fall, so we would plan flying in on a MNSSHP day, and use that as our first park day taking advantage of the 4pm entrance for the party..

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Just how does one add a single day to a ticket not used yet? I can't seem to find it on MDE.

Raineman

We typically stay 8 nights-check in to the resort on Sunday, check out the next Monday morning. We usually drive, not fly, so the cost of the flight for each day of the week doesn't affect us. Driving down (21 hour drive down I-75), I found that traffic going through the cities on Saturday wasn't that bad-no usual weekday rush our-and we take our time coming back and try to time it to avoid going through Atlanta, Knoxville, Cincinnati, etc during morning or evening rush hour.

Mickey5150

Epcot is my favorite park so I always schedule to make sure it get both morning and night emh. Beyond that I just look for cheapest flights.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Well I just called and they basically did it over phone, charged me for additional bitty amount and within the hour my 7 day tickets went away and became 8 day tickets on MDE. WOOHOO! Its only like 10$ a day per person. I now am officially geeked!:happy::happy::happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom