one trip- mulitple resorts

actaeonus

I have enjoyed reading the advice/information on this site for some time, and I am finally typing my first post!

I just booked a last minute solo trip in October, primarily for the Food and Wine Festival, but was unable to book the entire trip at one WDW resort. So, I will be resort-hopping- and will not have a car. Any advice on the easiest way to change resorts...? (I am staying on WDW property throughout.)

Thanks! I am confident that someone here can best advise me!

Rob562

Disney will transport your luggage from one Disney hotel to another. You can call the night before to arrange for Bell Services to pick up your luggage. They'll be tagged to go to the next resort, and they'll take them away to be brought to your new hotel. It'll take a few hours for them to transport them over, so there's no reason to head right there.

My suggestion is to just check out of your first hotel, head to the parks until late afternoon, and then take Disney transportation to your new hotel. Check in, and then when you get to your room you can call Bell Services to bring up your bags.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Philo

We checked out of AKL around 9.00am, took the bags to bell services and asked if they could take them to WL for later that day (tip them!). After a few hours in the park we checked in to WL, went to Bell Services and our bags were ready for us.

Seamless and highly recommended!

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

ive heard some iffy stories about Disney transferring bags from one resort to another. Though I'm sure most of the time its ok. You may consider just taking a cab. Sure you'll have to pay for it, but it might be worth the cost and the amount of time it saves. As we all know time = money at WDW.

have a great trip!

Upvote 0

mickey7879

In 2007 we did this. Stayed at BWV for a week before checking into Poly for a week. We called bell service and they came and got our bags for us. We checked out of BWV, went right over and checked into the Poly. Checked out our room, headed to the parks and at the end of the night we went back to our room, called bell service and they brought our bags right up. Just tipped at both resorts and didn't have any problems. As long as you don't expect to get your bags right away, you won't have any problems. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Smee

We've probably resort hopped on a dozen trips and never had an issue with getting tha bags transferred. Call a bellman on checkout morning, tell them to send the bags to the next resort, by mid-day they were always there.

Upvote 0

fredtom

We've transferred between resorts many, many times. It's is easy as others have said... Just call Bell Services to pick up your luggage and let them know you'll be changing resorts. I think all transfers happen between 1:00 & 3:00 PM each day. You can still check into your new resort even if your bags haven't yet arrived.
Once, our bellman even drove us from OKW to AKV. Be sure to tip them.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

jonnyc

We checked out of AKL around 9.00am, took the bags to bell services and asked if they could take them to WL for later that day (tip them!). After a few hours in the park we checked in to WL, went to Bell Services and our bags were ready for us.

Seamless and highly recommended!

AKL and WL in one trip? That is the way to do it.

Upvote 0

durangojim

We will often stay at BC and WL in the course of one trip and have never had any problems with luggage transfer. It's a great way to experience different sides of Disney!

Upvote 0

actaeonus

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the great advice, you have eased my concerns. I agree about tipping! I have made my own living on tips in the past and can appreciate what it means. Since I am traveling solo- the schedule is not as tight- so timing should not be a big deal for me. This sounds like an easy process, and while I was initially concerned about the inconvenience, I think it will be fun to experience different resorts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom