One Time Use Point Increase $19-->$22

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Original Poster
"Dear Disney Vacation Club Member,

We’re reaching out with an important Member update regarding one-time-use (OTU) Vacation Points. Effective, February 16, 2023, the price of (OTU) Vacation Points will increase from $19 per point to $22 per point. This program gives Members the opportunity to purchase up to 24 non-deeded Vacation Points each Use Year they may need to complete a reservation for Disney Vacation Club accommodations in the 7-month booking window or Disney Collection and World Collection reservations."

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Original Poster
I recently bought 19 at $19 so saved myself $57. It seems in line with rental prices which themselves have been nuts. I was looking to add-on a Monday confirmed reservation but they're asking $29/point for an AKL value studio.

BlackCauldron

I recently bought 19 at $19 so saved myself $57. It seems in line with rental prices which themselves have been nuts. I was looking to add-on a Monday confirmed reservation but they're asking $29/point for an AKL value studio.
I've seen so many of the AKL value and club level rooms on the rental forums for ridiculous prices. Those people must walk them for months, and they want the money back for their time.

Club Cooloholic

I have never bought these points, but may in the future. Can omeone fill me in, can I do this for home resort bookings a year out or do they have to be ones in the 7 month window?

The Colonel

Mr. Iger. You can have my answer now, if you like. My offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally.

correcaminos

I have never bought these points, but may in the future. Can omeone fill me in, can I do this for home resort bookings a year out or do they have to be ones in the 7 month window?
You get a random non home resort set of points. For a while it shows up in your list of home resorts. I think I have Vero right now. You have to call to use them though so no circumventing stuff.

I bought them this past year. my dad was coming but we had no space in our room. So I gave him some points and then bought some OTUP for a whopping $495. That way I didn't have to borrow and he didn't get a super expensive room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom