One table service ...MK or HS

ELG13

Original Poster
I think skipper canteen is gonna be our go to in MK. Everyone has recommended it and I've been wanting to go our last 2 trips.

Rlandrigan

Great to hear!! I'm gonna pull the menu for BOG up..I would love to do it but need to make sure it fits in the budget and that the food is worth it for us. I'm leaving towards skipper just bc I've looked at it for 2 separate trips and I've always heard great things.
What about the sci-fi drive in at HS? I thought the kids might enjoy it??

I've not done Sci-Fi yet - we're going to try that this September at the kid's request. Apparently it has good burgers, and the pricing is not horrible - a better out of pocket choice than on Dining Plan.

If you've been thinking about Skippers, it's still my #1 pick - good menu, the staff is fun, and the bread and honey at the start are great and a unique treat in the parks.

Rlandrigan

Most of the buffets I've looked at are just too pricey. We don't eat that much. Surprisingly my mom and husband both said they would rather go to Wilderness Lodge for whispering canyon! They love it when we went last year so we may just hop on the bus from HS to there for dinner!
If you hit Wilderness lodge for dinner, you can take a boat to Magic Kingdom after - one of the best rides in the park:)

ELG13

Original Poster
If you hit Wilderness lodge for dinner, you can take a boat to Magic Kingdom after - one of the best rides in the park:)
We stayed at ft.wilderness cabins last year and the boat ride was the kids favorite. When we came back from chef Mickey's we watched the fireworks in the boat!!

Disney4family

Our kids have always enjoyed the Sci-Fi in HS. They treasure their "driver's licenses" to this day. The food may not be considered as good as in the '50s Prime Time Cafe, but at Disney a dining experience is usually more than just the food.
Our daughter was traumatized one year when she was @7 years old in the '50s Prime Time Cafe. The waitress told her she couldn't have dessert because she didn't finish her vegetables. I understood as an adult that she was just "in character". My innocent daughter did not understand. She cried uncontrollably.

Our kids also do not eat enough for a buffet meal such as The Crystal Palace, but to this day, they will never give up on the experience of dining with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore & Piglet - and I can't blame them.

ELG13

Original Poster
Our kids have always enjoyed the Sci-Fi in HS. They treasure their "driver's licenses" to this day. The food may not be considered as good as in the '50s Prime Time Cafe, but at Disney a dining experience is usually more than just the food.
Our daughter was traumatized one year when she was @7 years old in the '50s Prime Time Cafe. The waitress told her she couldn't have dessert because she didn't finish her vegetables. I understood as an adult that she was just "in character". My innocent daughter did not understand. She cried uncontrollably.

Our kids also do not eat enough for a buffet meal such as The Crystal Palace, but to this day, they will never give up on the experience of dining with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore & Piglet - and I can't blame them.
So our wilderness Lodge ADR fell through bc we had to add a person so we got one at sci fi....also the prices were impressive considering it's a Disney restaurant...hopefully the food is decent. Although we need to be mindful of what we get for lunch ...I don't think I'd like burgers twice in a row. I'm sure the kids wouldn't though lol!!

Disney4family

Here's the menu with reviews from this site -
https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/sci-fi-dine-in-theater-restaurant/menus/lunch/jan2018.htm

And from another site -
http://allears.net/dining/menu/sci-fi-dine-in-theater/child-lunch-dinner
http://allears.net/dining/menu/sci-fi-dine-in-theater/lunch-dinner
http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=118

It's not just burgers. Have the kids sit in the front seat so they can "drive". Ask the waiter/waitress to take a picture of you in the car. It's a neat shot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom