One Sentence Competition - Track One - Yellow Submarine (due 10/19)

Mr. Tux

alrighty then, time for an old pro to step back in
car GIF by Disney Pixar

cdunlap

I’m in it for the album you chose. Truly one the greatest albums of all time. One by The Beatles is probably up there with Kate Bush’s multitude of albums in my humble opinion! Anyways, I'm here! Life’s going to be pretty busy due to school AND agreeing to do this and What If and helping folks out on fleshing out personal projects alongside doing my own personal projects, but I think I can manage!
@Disney-Universal Fanboy
He is gone, and for good reason!

Mr. Tux

Question of the Day

How many children would you guess that Disney Dad has?

I'll put my guess at 3, but maybe he and "Disney Mom" are hoping for 7 so they can have a full soccer team. ;)
Only 1 so they don't have to pay too much for family park entry--and its a plus if their kid is as short as Konata Izumi to pass them off as child ticket/free entry guest for as long as possible

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Question of the Day

How many children would you guess that Disney Dad has?

I'll put my guess at 3, but maybe he and "Disney Mom" are hoping for 7 so they can have a full soccer team. ;)

Was actually at the kid's soccer match when you posted this. Must be psychic. lol.

We just have the one (maybe even a budding artist/imagineer at that with the digital art and robotics classes he's getting before he hits high school). We'd hoped for 3, but life wasn't kind with some of what we went through. May be adopting at some point soon, but well short of a full soccer team. Maybe a pickle ball team? ha

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Track 1
Yellow Submarine

Who wouldn't want to live in a Yellow Submarine? Released in 1966, Yellow Submarine was a bit of a quirky song, one of many we'll see this season, and our inspiration for our first challenge. The Beatles were always trying new things, and Yellow Submarine was no different with the band themselves producing many of the sound effects on the track.

Yellow Submarine.jpg

The theme park world has its own Yellow Submarine in the form of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland. While not nearly as iconic as The Beatles, it nonetheless exists, and is a regular "rumored for replacement" attraction. What would we do without the Yellow Submarine though?

-Challenge-

Create a new Disney attraction that features what else, but a Yellow Submarine. It can be the ride vehicle, part of an attraction backstory, featured within the set(s) of the attraction, or as simple as a toy in the gift shop that ties into whatever you create. However you use it is entirely up to you. Have fun with it.

-Rules-

• Your attraction can be placed at any of the Disney theme parks around the world, either replacing Nemo at Disneyland, or as a new build at WDW, Paris, etc. on land, sea or air​
  • All Disney intellectual properties in/out of the parks, or attainable properties, are fair game for use if needed​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image.
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Saturday, October 19th at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)
5ish days from now

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?​

BONUS: Pitch an animated film to be released after the opening of your attraction

Two years after the release of Yellow Submarine, an animated film The Beatles: Yellow Submarine would be released as The Beatles 4th film, though they had very little input compared to earlier works. Use your animated film to bring to the big screen an enhanced story of your attraction, a continuation, or something entirely unique and off the wall. You can use up to one extra sentence and image.
This bonus results in automatic bonus point

Last edited:

Disney Warrior

Encanto
1728924417582.jpeg
As a replacement to the Submarine Voyage at Disneyland, this new darkride (a more modern version of a classic darkride) located in Fantasyland tells a new story that follows up the events of the hit movie, revealing what happened after the Madrigals fully regain their magic. During the ride, guests can spot a hidden yellow submarine in a mural. The reason why this ride is in Fantasyland and not in Adventureland is because of the movie's theme of magic.

Bonus: A sequel to Encanto is made within the next decade (or in this one) that builds upon the events of this ride.

cdunlap

Expedition Xibalba is a submarine ride in WDW's Adventureland that takes guests through a submerged Maya city in search of the mythical Tree Of Life.

Guests will board golden submarines decorated with motifs typical of Adventureland to dive deep into a cenote and into the lost Maya city of Xibalba, named after the underworld of Maya mythology said to be accessible by cenotes, where they will encounter many ancient temples, carved glyphs, statues of ancient deities, and even ancient Maya people frozen in time performing all sorts of ancient rituals before coming upon the mythical Tree of Life, followed by a return to the surface where guests unload.
IMG_4723.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom