One Sentence Competition: The Prism of SYWTBAI (Finale launching soon)

Nature’s Bounty - @Disney-Universal Fanboy
Your first game- and already showing strong competition and potential for the future! But to give some honest feedback for improvement, Nature’s Bounty might be a step down from Toy Story Land in Shanghai because it’s actually the kid’s favorite land in the entire park (what I heard from insiders). This land is strong and cool enough to be its own land and not a replacement, because not many kids will love to see slinky replaced by an Earth Goddess. Great concept art too - your pitch proves that you have what it takes to be a creative and original player that can change the course of the forums!

+1 Bonus - To Infinity and Beyond…
I didn’t want to go in the IP direction because it’s been squeezed to death and Original IP is heavily underrated nowadays. I also didn’t know that Toy Story land was Shanghai’s most popular land too. I originally thought of replacing Hong Kong’s land with a steampunk land but couldn’t think of any ideas. Glad you enjoyed my concept art!

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
IMG_3544.jpeg

IMG_3545.jpeg

Ant Island by @Brer Panther & Critter Canyon by @Disney Dad 3000

Honorable Mention goes to someone whose project excelled in one field, but did not quite make the cut for a medal for whatever reason. Both ideas were extremely unique and fun to see in real life, but probably wouldn’t have scored well to Chinese audiences as a replacement to TSL.

IMG_3546.jpeg

Walt Disney Animation Studios REBORN by @imagineer97

The mix of three unique ips holding amazing attractions hinting intermingling cultures/flora and fauna is what sold me (Except for the name haha).

IMG_3547.jpeg

Abstractland by @Outbound

The creative approach to basic abstract shapes filled with soul and imagination was what I loved most about this land- along with curious characters and vibrant energy.

IMG_3549.jpeg

Celestial Peaks - @Evilgidgit

The mystics and magics of Chinese mythology brilliantly revived in a magical land with a perfect balance of attractions made Celestial Peaks the clear winner- to both this spectrum and HKDL!

as the winner of SPECTRUM 1, @Evilgidgit now has 12 hours to pick the topic (in PMs) for the next spectrum! Thank you everyone for participating and I wish you a good luck soon!

(as a side note, the Leaderboard with scores will be released at the end of Spectrum 2.)

WaltWiz1901

there's really no mention of water to justify the River in the name, but just a minor nitpick.
I was thinking of there being a lake in the middle of the land, on either side of which would be a pier (featuring Midway Mania) and the main town (Steamboat Willie itself could be docked on this side or be the queue for a boat ride around the lake).

Tony the Tigger

Might as well post this anyway. Typed it up a few days ago, got a pic. Didn’t post yet because I wanted to do the bonus, and then post, “Surprise, surprise!” 🤣

Alas, RSD takes over my life, and I was falling asleep in the car on the way home. All good. Here is what I had so far.

Tinseltown Social-ville

Partnering with TikTok, Hollywood Studios Orlando goes back to its roots with a modern twist: imagine a Hollywood studio backlot, but geared towards churning out social media stars of all ages!

Board the golf-cart-esque ride vehicles which take you through a few hills and valleys to get to the backlot, passing classic Hollywood sights en route. In addition to an e-ticket dark vehicle screen ride (naturally) which shows you different versions of yourself along the way, there are kiosks to recreate famous TT trends - and create new ones - plus plenty of Photopass paparazzi everywhere.

IMG_4027.jpeg

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
IMG_3550.png

Queue Quabbles
Welcome back to the second spectrum of the One Sentence Competition: Prisms of Light!

-The Set Up-
The great @Evilgidgit, upon careful consideration, shined his beam of light on the next prism. This time though, the light landed somewhere unexpected! Good rides, of course, are what most people want when it comes to visiting a good theme park. However, at the same time, the bigger and better the ride is, the more popular it is, and the longer people have to wait. These wait times will still get people to wait for the rides, but a boring queue always makes people more frustrated and annoyed about the ride- you're waiting two hours for a ride when you can see the loading station right in front of you!

Beyond FastPass+: How Amusement Parks Can Cut Lines With Digital Queuing |  QLess

-Challenge-
Create a new queue for any existing ride of your choice.

-Rules-
  • Any ride around the world is allowed- but it should take up about the same space as before.​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image.
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Wednesday, April 24th at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)
4 days from now, I'll give you the points if you're late because I posted late too

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

BONUS: Music Mania
A great way to also reduce guest-in-line stress is to play good music. Find any piece of music on the internet, and add it as your in-line music. You can use up to one extra sentence and image.
This bonus results in automatic bonus point
Special Secret: If you add a song from the Tortured Poet's Department, I'll consider your pitch higher for winning.

Last edited:

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN QUEQE
REVITALIZATION
1713733492025.png

As everyone knows Big Thunder Mountain’s queue is notorious for being incredibly hot at Magic Kingdom, the Walt Disney Company has listened to guests complaints and decided to completely revitalize the queue by making it a more elaborate and cooler experience for guests. Guests first walk under worn down tarps to shield them from the hot sun, they then enter into a collapsed mining station that has been consumed by the mountain after going through the mine station guests enter into a large underwater cavern colored with every color of the rainbow with a derailed train in the water, after leaving the cavern guests can view the train going through the dinosaur fossil and the springs, this scene adds some kinetic energy to the queue, guests go through some more caverns with mining equipment stuck inside of the caverns until they go up a flight of stairs and enter into an abandoned mine station, this is where the loading station is and where the ride begins. To fix the heat problem there are fans placed sporadically around the queue and the queue itself is air conditioned, 65% of the existing queue remains and the new parts of the queue is the other 35% and inside of the mountain itself.

Bonus: Play old western music.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

-Challenge-
Create a new queue for any existing ride of your choice.
JUNGLE CRUISE QUEUE REVAMP
1713737531053.png
Waiting in line for the Jungle Cruise stinks - the line is always tremendously long, and every time you THINK you're finally at the front of the line, it turns out there's ANOTHER section of queue you have to stand in. Rearrange the queue so that it's not so darn misleading and add some interactive elements. Maybe add some chairs folks whose legs start to hurt can sit in, too.

C a n n i b a l

IMG_0404.jpeg

The musty old queue of Cannibal at Lagoon gets a major upgrade. The new queue will start in a explorer base camp trying to figure out the mystery behind some sort of fireball creature causing chaos throughout the coaster, the loading station mural section will get replaced by us entering a secret cave into a enclosed queue section where a tribe is seen pretty skeletal, before heading into the loading station where the mural has been replaced by a meeting hall for the explorers where you will defeat the fireballs in a race. This queue upgrade will also feature the return of the mini-movie before going up the elevator to the top of the coaster that was weirdly turned off for some reason.

B o n u s

In 2041 when Song of the South’s Copyright expires, the music from the final lift hill at Disneyland will play to make the ride experience more intense for guests.

Last edited:

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
REVAMPED QUEUE Magic Carpets of Aladdin
This ride is probably on most of our personal chopping blocks, but what if the queue were so amazing it made the ride worth waiting for?

Picture this: you enter a shop in the Agrabah marketplace, with the queue winding around the countertop full of the peddler's wares from the beginning of the animated film; the next room is a preshow with an animatronic peddler (the guy who sings Arabian Nights in the movie) trying to sell you his magic rugs, although it's unclear why we should believe they are magic until he demonstrates climbing on one that levitates (using the same tech as the Duke Weaselton animatronic from the Shanghai event); lastly, he hurries you along into a long enclosed hallway that circles the remaining length of the attraction to get to a "test-drive" with an Abu animation/limited motion prop popping in and out of window scenes from the film as you walk along (a la Emporium windows).

With the new construction of this queue, it allows for the ride to have become fully enclosed, allowing a Vegas Sphere-style screen to simulate flying around Agrabah as you ride this extremely underwhelming attraction.

RnNqYe.gif

BONUS: The end titles from Aladdin and the King of Thieves is perfect for this attraction:

Disney Warrior

Batman The Ride @ Six Flags
1713740880001.jpeg

Instead of (I think) minimally themed switchbacks with some cardboard cutouts of Batman/DC superheroes and villains, how about a queue (this would be at all Six Flags parks with this ride) with actual theming? Guests would make their way through the halls of Wayne Manor (with better themed props, figures, and some easter eggs) until they reach the Batcave, and then to the actual ride. These queues wouldn’t be too long or boring, either; there would be something to see at each corner (from the Batmobile to seeing Batman's rare artifacts to hearing the Joker's laugh in the distance).
Bonus:

What would a Batman ride be like without the Batman theme?

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Batman The Ride @ Six Flags
View attachment 780769

Instead of (I think) minimally themed switchbacks with some cardboard cutouts of Batman/DC superheroes and villains, how about a queue (this would be at all Six Flags parks with this ride) with actual theming? Guests would make their way through the halls of Wayne Manor (with better themed props, figures, and some easter eggs) until they reach the Batcave, and then to the actual ride. These queues wouldn’t be too long or boring, either; there would be something to see at each corner (from the Batmobile to seeing Batman's rare artifacts to hearing the Joker's laugh in the distance).
Bonus:

What would a Batman ride be like without the Batman theme?

You should visit the original Batman: The Ride at my home park, Six Flags Great America! The queue won't win any awards, but it starts out in the Gotham City Park before you pass a police car that crashed into a fire hydrant, spewing water all over. Then you enter a sewer tunnel with a light-up sign that says "Welcome to the Batcave." Once you climb some stairs, you're in the actual Batcave with a Batsuit on display, and TVs that show an early 90s CGI rendering of the Batplane flying around Gotham City with the Elfman Batman theme playing on loop.

Your version still sounds better, but I think SFGAm has the best one out there currently.

WaltWiz1901

“it’s a small world” (Magic Kingdom)

1713743499213.png
After years of having the least grand “small world” queue, the Magic Kingdom’s version of the attraction gains a new exterior and interior queue - albeit with the former still at a somewhat smaller scale to account for its location at a particularly tight bottleneck on the western side of Fantasyland. Guests now enter through a Blair-esque clock tower designed to fit in with the façade of the Village Haus beside it before popping back “outdoors” to a loading area similar in appearance to that of Tokyo Disneyland’s version post-2018.
Bonus

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom