One Sentence Competition: The Prism of SYWTBAI (Finale launching soon)

WaltWiz1901

Reviews and additional announcements will be posted tomorrow night!

Thank you for everyone's patience- I lost my internet twice recently, and balancing hosting this competition and Citrus Dreamin' has taken a lot of effort and a huge toll on my mental health. I had a short but nice break and will return strong!
Tomorrow night has come and gone...still waiting for the game to go on.
Heh, rhymes!

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Wow, I guess I’m not as far behind as I thought! Figured you all would be 3 or 4 rounds ahead by now. Maybe I should do the last prompt. 😂
Yea to be honest. I have no idea what is going on.
Season 5 Idk GIF by Paramount+

Tony the Tigger

One Fish, Two Fish

The fast-casual, family-friendly One Fish, Two Fish serves one fish, two ways (except when it’s chicken or roast beast!) in double-bowls.

DF52DF8D-BCDB-4869-BDB2-70252BA38473.jpeg

Don’t be too distracted by the intertwining “gumball machine” vines covering one wall with red & blue Swedish Fish in a variety of flavors to notice the specialties of the house, naturally including red snapper (pictured above) and bluefin tuna.

🐟 Dessert: 🐠

The two-fished-ed sundae comes in either an uneven double cone or cup with red and blue ice cream (whether a berry, watermelon, or even vanilla flavored) topped with the appropriate aforementioned Swedish Fish (we checked their accent, they’re certainly Swedish.)

IMG_4880.jpeg

Last edited:

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
One Fish, Two Fish

The fast-casual, family-friendly One Fish, Two Fish serves one fish, two ways (except when it’s chicken or roast beast!) in double-bowls.

View attachment 787226

Don’t be too distracted by the intertwining kooky “gumball machine” vines covering one wall with red & blue Swedish Fish in a variety of flavors to notice the specialties of the house, naturally including red snapper (pictured above) and bluefin tuna.

🐟 Dessert: 🐠

The two-fished-ed sundae comes in either an uneven double cone or cup with red and blue ice cream (whether a berry, watermelon, or even vanilla flavored) topped with the appropriate aforementioned Swedish Fish (we checked their accent, they’re certainly Swedish.)

View attachment 787228
You’re late, I’m late; In this universe we are equals

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Maybe someone can jump in and help - hasn’t that happened before?

Or review the last round and call a hiatus for x number of weeks
I‘m on my short and sweet final round for Citrus Dreamin‘, and since it’s a solo project I’ll have reviews, the special prism decision, and the round by the end of the game. Sorry for the hiatus, I’ll ping players to remind them when the OSC is back+up and running

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1717351055468.png

Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria - @Lord Fozzinator
I knew this was coming from miles away LOL. FnaF now becoming a real restaurant is both hella creepy and fun. I love all the different things you can do out of the basic Chuck-E-Cheese style template, with things like the Music Station or the skating rink. This restaurant has the potential to be so full of lore that it will probably attract theorists all over the world to take a look at it! I’m assuming you made the map in the image and it looks SO COOL, painting a picture of what this establishment would look like. I especially like the off-the-side office and backroom areas that will probably contain the most crowded corridors in the restaurant. Wowwee!

+1 Bonus - is that the taste of iron or blood?

Far Far Away Feast - @Disney Warrior

That name was nailed onto the wall, and it’s absolutely SPOT ON! This sounds like such a fun dining experience tucked away in the new Dreaworks land, and the absolute mematic fun in the restaurant sounds like something I would love to see- and I can literally see it happen irl because the castle exists already in Singapore, just without the restaurant. Like the nod to Cinderella’s Royal Table, and hope to see a smashed glass slipper glued on the floor. Excited to meet Donkey (AGAIN!) and Puss.

+1 Bonus - Geez isn’t that disgusting

Pokemon Pastry Shoppe - @Solaris Knight

Now THAT is something I want to see at Universal! A cute, modern restaurant with one of my favorite ips, filled with actually good kawaii food selections. I love all the food options, and would gladly and happily order some Pickachu omelet rice and Charizard Curry. The delicious pastries and desserts sound perfect. It would be really cool too if the way they are served is more than buffet style- instead, a rotating moving conveyor belt system with plates. It would make it a really cool experience. Sign me up for that giant Pika Pika uwu!!!

+1 Bonus - OWO

The Wubbolous Buffet of Dr. Suess - @
𝕴𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖗97 (can't mention you anymore)
Wubbolous is a wonderful word- it’s just so wubbolous! I don’t have much to say here, but not because this isn’t a bad pitch- it’s just so good that I don’t have any issues with anything! I love all the stories and intermingling characters that hang out in this “Grand Hall” of Dr. Suess. Will one fish, two fish, red fish, or blue fish be on the menu? ;)

+1 Bonus - For you and you and you and you!

To address the community’s recent opinions about the next player, I will not be giving a review. Continuing on. (Nice art though)

The Super-Supper Club - @Brer Panther
I smell something suspicious, something wubbolously delicious! Was it the green eggs in ham, or the ga-fluppeted lamb? I smell something near, inspired by an Imagineer (97). Oh the stuff that I see… was it them is it me? Grab me a mush-mush, a strudel, schloop and a dime, I will be finished in nearly no time…
Great pitch- no swearing in children’s books 🙂

+1 Bonus - A bigger one for you and you and you and you!

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1717351926564.png

The Krusty Krab - @Evilgidgit
This is what happens when a person likes the pitch but doesn’t know what else to say:

Say, has anyone seen where the lobsters are?

+1 Bonus - Cannibalism Under the Sea… Spongebob Squarepants!

Good Burger - @WaltWiz1901

I would like to give my order! This restaurant seems very unique and outside of the box compared to the other pitches. The Good Burger restaurant seems both so obscure and iconic, and while I can’t say much about the movie due to the unfavorable reviews/earnings and the fact I never watched it, it would probably fit right into that authenticity of the developing retro area in USF.. But for real, that burger does like pretty good.

+1 Bonus - Gummies Under the Sea… Really Good Burgers!

Battery Lounge - @Disney Dad 3000
Ahhh… Battery Lounge… a genuinely relaxing place to recharge. I’m a big fan of MIB, the movie, and the land, and bringing an elevated experience is seriously a complete win in my books. The picture you bring paints a really good image in my mind, and it's easy to see this as a restaurant that’s going to beat Space 220’s butt. Love the monitor's idea too, and the touch with the animatronic aliens scattered and minding their own business instead of performing is so unique to the land that I would simply walk in for the pictures and buy a really nice lemonade to get into full battery. I hope Universal got your plans for construction because I’m already packing my bags 🙂

+1 Bonus - Slurping is the way to go

The Winchester Tavern - @NateD1226

Took my way too long to tell you, but welcome back! Another legend in the forums returning to cook up things far greater than I can ever imagine- and clearly the Winchester tavern is spot on. While untopical, let me just talk about how Winchester is one my favorite words/names, because of Sarah Winchester and her Winchester Mystery House and whatnot, which is again good scores in my books just because the name Winchester exists. Now that you have this richly detailed themed pub, I love the solutions you implement of more space for HHN and a pub for the land. A character restaurant centered on adults is really fun! I won’t be going in any time soon, but those zombies straight from the Dead Walking Dead maze will be quite a spook!

+1 Bonus - Does eating a zombie make you a zombie? These are the questions we must ask

Slayer’s Keep - @Miru

Slaying it with the anime incorporation in your imagining pitches! Call me uncultured for not having watched Demon Slayer, but the incorporation of a highly popular anime into Universal is still cool and will attract fans from all around the world. I love how its existence as a restaurant will be the starting point that slowly blends Toon Lagoon into a new Anime land, pretty cool. Would love to see your pitch on it in future prompts/projects. I wonder how the characters coming in to interact with guests will compare to the cosplayers at anime con…

+1 Bonus - Eating pink hair sounds delicious

Architectural Guinea Pig

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
1717352135705.png

Doppelgangers of Hollywood - @Rock Wren
Wow- consider me shocked because this is really horrifying in my opinion - it’s like a Madame Tussauds steakhouse where the celebrities go from wax sculptures to being alive surrealism has some really off-putting vibes. But anyway, the casting process to search for these lookalikes will be pretty high, and those “celebrities” will surely be paid well. Hope to see a Chris Pratt there staring weirdly at the “velociraptor” meat on the menu.

+1 Bonus - C is for cookie, it’s good enough for me

The Amity Harbor Inn - @OSUPhantom
Dunnnnnn dunnnnnn… dunnnn dunnnn… dunnnnnnn dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun
Alright, I’ll stop the Jaws from coming, but anyway, as a big fan of the movie, a Jaws restaurants is definitely going to be such more thrilling than a simple ride, like seriously- maybe you’re dining on fake shark fin soup and then Bruce shows up right by the patio… aside from that I’m a bit confused on where specifically this is located. Is it located at the San Francisco land? Or Citywalk? Aside from that, I love the seaside feel and the vibe from the cast members. Nice work!

+1 Bonus - Strawberry syrups got me rolling on the floor

4 Privet Drive - @Outbound

DURSLEY FANS UNITE! I absolutely love this restaurant. It’s such a fan-service restaurant perfect for photo opportunities, and the fact that it can lure away fans from the real Privet Drive house is a really good bonus. I love the Muggle-centered vibe to this restaurant, as the Potter lands are filled with such much wizadry and magic that it’s a really delightful step back into the calmer, more toxic places of the Wizarding World. Consider me really wowed if Universal manages to kidnap a 11-year old Dudley and company lookalike(s) that “respectfully” interacts with guests. Clearly a normal affair!

+1 Bonus - Lordy - Lardy!

Villa Bella Donna - @montydysquith-navarro

Mamma mia- is that a Mamma mia fan hiding in the Imagineering forums? The residence of this existing in the Lost Continent is so ironic but so great… lost dad and everything… I love the singing restaurant vibe to this that sets it above your typical character restaurant experience - they don’t just talk to you- they SING to you! Unifying the continent to become more Greek-oriented will clearly create a much more, singular theme. Afraid that removes my dreams of a Zelda Land, but that’s not your fault at all lol

+1 Bonus - You just made me hungry, time to eat breakfast

One Fish, Two Fish - @Tony the Tigger

This is… genius. Instead of a typical Dr. Suess character restaurant “inspired” by the two players before you, you’ve taken Suess and made him Suess! I love the one fish two ways creativity of it because it’s such a vibe and spot-on with the theming. I also really like the blue fish red fish theming just all around. Probably also a bit unsettling to the adults though, because it’s implying that all these happy fish from the children’s book are being stringed up on walls, murdered, cooked, and eaten. There’s also a lack of characters for the character restaurant prompt, but the concept already nails it!

+1 Bonus - Exactly when did you check their accent?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom