One Sentence Competition - The Disney Decade

DisneyManOne

Auberge du Livre de Contes (Storybook Inn)

Angel-Inn-Andover-%C2%A9-Anguskirke.jpg

This cozy, medieval inn serves as the place to go to enjoy comfort food from all over Europe -- Swedish meatballs, gnocchi, French fries, pasta, apple strudel, Belgian waffles, and other such delicacies. The inn looks just like a European country inn with wooden décor, a roaring fireplace and the utmost of European hospitality. And not only that, the inn has large windows looking over Le Pays des Contes de Fées, where guests can view the little boats passing by the various dioramas. You also get prime views of the Beast's Castle and of Casey Jr. chugging along.

Suchomimus

This cozy, medieval inn serves as the place to go to enjoy comfort food from all over Europe -- Swedish meatballs, gnocchi, French fries, pasta, apple strudel, Belgian waffles, and other such delicacies. The inn looks just like a European country inn with wooden décor, a roaring fireplace and the utmost of European hospitality. And not only that, the inn has large windows looking over Le Pays des Contes de Fées, where guests can view the little boats passing by the various dioramas. You also get prime views of the Beast's Castle and of Casey Jr. chugging along.
I'm thinking this is going to win 1st Place here.

ThemeParkPriest

Gâteries des Caraïbes (Caribbean Treats)
D1EB5FA3-EAF2-438C-98DD-BD5617A61261.jpeg

Located on Adventure Isle near Pirates of the Caribbean, this quick service restaurant offers delicious snacks from across the Caribbean. Guests will find the popular Dole Whips, soft serve ice cream, coconut pudding, rum cake, and Tahitian Treat. This location will be quite popular due to the spread out nature of Adventureland but also the interest of guests to sample Caribbean fare!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Great ideas so far!

And if anyone hasn't done the bonus yet - @NateD1226 posted a fun prompt for today!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Cacahuètes et maïs soufflé de Dumbo (Dumbo's Peanuts N' Popcorn)
1637766955011.png

Near by Dumbo the Flying Elephant (Dumbo l'éléphant volant) If you love eating peanuts or popcorn at the circus, you'll enjoy Cacahuètes et maïs soufflé de Dumbo as you'll get fresh popcorns and peanuts everyday at Disneyland Paris, each popcorn flavor or peanut flavor will gave you
into the stars of the circus. You can have circus-themed drinks like Big Top Apple juice, Clown's Milk, etc...

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Review Time!
The Mines

The Mines is a quick service location where you get to see the dwarves hard at work thru original concept art from the movie (via Disney Animation). Being themed to Walt's original, Snow White, you have to be big and grand, so we have many diamonds and many different scene rooms inspired by the movie. Located in Fantasyland

View attachment 602215
This sounds like a fun concept for sure - as the dwarf mine would offer a lot of neat aesthetic possibilities. For future projects, instead of just saying located in Fantasyland - use the last available sentence to give the reader a bit of extra info (ie where in Fantasyland, how would it fit into its surroundings, etc) Good job nonetheless though!

Bonus +1

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Around the World in Eighty Meals (Le Tour du Monde en Quatre-Vingts Repas)

0033295_around_the_world_in_eighty_days_illustrated_originals_ir.jpeg

Retrace the famous voyage of Phileas Fogg by following his culinary footsteps in this Discoveryland quick service restaurant, enjoying an eclectic menu with dishes like chicken tikka masala and yakisoba as you watch the rocket launch over at Space Mountain: De la Terre à la Lune.

Bonus: Little Nemo in Slumberland
I love this concept for a quick service area, and I think some of those menu options would be a hit, especially with the great vistas watching Space Mountain.

Bonus +1

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Thunder Mesa Barbecue
(Barbecue Tonnerre Mesa)

View attachment 602256
As part of the new Frontierland of the new Euro Disneyland Resort, guests are invited to get some barbecue from this walk-up stagecoach restaurant. This will be where the Pocahontas playground is in our world, which means that you can sit down and eat your food while watching Big Thunder Mountain go by. Food served here is simple barbecue ribs, burgers, barbecue chicken, turkey legs, and soft drinks.
Bonus:
The Snurples Proposal
Stagecoach restaurant is an interesting pitch for sure - and I think your location is one that similar to Dash sets it apart. Nice!

Bonus +1

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Crèmerie de la Jungle (Jungle Creamery)
https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/07/disneyland-dole-whip-split-1-800x400.jpeg​
Though the ever iconic attraction is unfortunately absent in Paris, that hasn't stopped the Jungle Navigation Co. from soft serving their cream of the crop with the Jungle Creamery; built out of a warehouse where the Indus Iclyn used to operate from on her voyages through the Himalayas until she got caught in a blizzard during an expedition and has subsequently been put on ice while the company is drumming up enough cold cash to cover their losses. But until then (which is never), this pint-sized wonder of the world offers a rotating menu of snow many exotic flavors of ice cream, ice cream sandwiches (most times using cookies with personal choice of ice cream, but adds the option of donuts during special events), popsicles, milkshakes, and sundaes, all themed around the boats, sights, and animals, with the classic Jungle Cruise alliteration and jokes sprinkled on top. The restaurant can be found above the Explorer's Club, with its front windows offering a panoramic view of the La Cabane des Robinson, momentos from previous expeditions and members on displays above the booths and counter, bags, baskets, crates, and containers of ingredients and treasures, and the aforementioned Indus Iclyn moored at a pier outside among parts and wrecks, “sneezing” once in a while from her cold.
Bonus: The proposal
I think this option is a great way to combine panoramic views of the park with replacing one of the iconic attractions missing from the park - this is a great proposal!

Bonus +1

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

This is such a quaint cozy concept that would fit perfectly with the European setting and be a hit with the mostly European audience in DLP - really like the menu selections and locale with Casey Jr close by!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Gâteries des Caraïbes (Caribbean Treats)
View attachment 602411
Located on Adventure Isle near Pirates of the Caribbean, this quick service restaurant offers delicious snacks from across the Caribbean. Guests will find the popular Dole Whips, soft serve ice cream, coconut pudding, rum cake, and Tahitian Treat. This location will be quite popular due to the spread out nature of Adventureland but also the interest of guests to sample Caribbean fare!
I like the authentic title and use of popular treats to populate this eatery. I think this would fit well in Adventureland.

Bonus +1

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Dîner dans les arbres (Treetop Dining)
screen-shot-2019-03-30-at-10-52-29-am-1553957800.png

A unique dining experience at Adventureland, guest get to the chance to dine on exotic delicacies from high on top the trees, getting a brilliant view of the park and the surrounding area.​

For the bonus
Treetop dining would be a hit no matter what the menu items due to the views that you'd get. Where is this tree and what views would you be looking at though I wonder?

Bonus +1

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
View attachment 602689

Near by Dumbo the Flying Elephant (Dumbo l'éléphant volant) If you love eating peanuts or popcorn at the circus, you'll enjoy Cacahuètes et maïs soufflé de Dumbo as you'll get fresh popcorns and peanuts everyday at Disneyland Paris, each popcorn flavor or peanut flavor will gave you
into the stars of the circus. You can have circus-themed drinks like Big Top Apple juice, Clown's Milk, etc...
I like this option! Dumbo doesn't get enough love I feel, and this would be a great way of combining menu items with great views of Dumbo flying overhead.

Bonus +1

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The Astronomer's Club
DuK6MgPW0AcZ_9Q
Adjoined to Videopolis in Discoveryland, the Astronomer's Club is a classy joint that celebrates the wonders of the universe, complete with an out of this world menu, thematic connections to S.E.A., and an enormous
This starting out definitely intriguing me - as it reminds me of DisneySea however perhaps it was timing but it seems you stopped mid-sentence which is totally fine because I never stop in the middle of a

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Thank you everyone for the proposals! With that said, as with many of these One Sentence Comps, the margin between submissions is always so thin as there were many great proposals, but here were some favorites!
Ps5WGu1.png

@DisneyFan32

L30Y5yp.png

@DashHaber and @Disney Warrior
Around the World in Eighty Meals (Le Tour du Monde en Quatre-Vingts Repas)
Thunder Mesa Barbecue
(Barbecue Tonnerre Mesa)

zihTg3C.png

@DisneyManOne

DrRz15D.png

@Suchomimus

Crèmerie de la Jungle (Jungle Creamery)

Thank you everyone! Now we travel to Epcot to see what lies ahead in 1993

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom