One Sentence Competition, Season 6, Episode 1 - The Soft Reboot

tcool123

Congratulations @tcool123 you have out paced me as first entry!
iu
Alright @Pi on my Cake you can end One Sentence I think we all know that this right here is the award we all wanted to see get awarded šŸ˜

Brer Panther

Cookie Carnival
1603283934259.png
Cookie Carnival, based on the 1935 short of the same name, bears the distinction of being the first dark ride based on a Silly Symphony. Aboard a car that appears to be made of gingerbread, the ride sends guests on a tour of Cookietown, basically serving as an excuse for the Imagineers to come up with lots of different candy-related gags. To avoid making the attraction a "book report" so to speak, the ride takes place after the short, limiting the main characters (the rulers of Cookietown) to an appearance in the penultimate scene - which, again, gives the Imagineers an excuse to come up with a bunch of different gags that harken back to the other dark rides in Fantasyland, most notably Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Bonus: Instead of a gift shop, the ride exits out into a bakery, Cookietown Sweets and Goodies, where one can buy a gingerbread man in the likeness of the short's Cookie Hobo (and then realize how disturbing it is that they're eating the short's main character).

DashHaber

Fantasia

Yen Sid's magical hat is bringing guests into the music at this concert hall, sending them on a magical trackless dark ride adventure that will have their box seats dancing through iconic sequences from the Fantasia films.

Bonus: Near the ride's exit is the Orchestra Pit Stop, where guests can purchase conductor batons that play magic when they're held and swung around, letting folks feel like they're summoning an orchestra from thin air.​

surfdawg

In the Parks
No
1603289073086.png
1603289107165.png
1603289288005.png

Bobby Boy! It is with great honor that I propose to you, The Muppets Mayhem Coaster! This Intamin multi-launch spinning coaster would feature a low height requirement of only 42" and appeal to all members of the family through nostalgia of past films, and even the younger generation with the more recent movies. Guests would enter the top secret light blue Muppets Studios with crudely painted white clouds on the outside. The queue would take us through a hole in the fortified chain link fence to go on an unofficial tour of the facility to see the new projects the Muppets are working on. However, Gonzo just happens to be working on a new vehicular invention with Dr. Bunsen Honeydew where we are the first test subjects, of course, this goes horribly wrong and we are sent on a whimsical tour of the Muppet Studios interrupting the filming of their latest movie! Our vehicle traverses forwards, backwards, spinning, ultimately leading to a firework grand finale brought to you by Sam Eagle followed by a drop track, only to then to exit into an overpriced gift shop filled with merchandise and gags.

BONUS:
For the first time ever at the DLR, rather than just offering an on-ride photo, there would be an option for a digital download of you and your party riding the coaster starring in this new movie sent directly to your phone!​

DisneyManOne

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

2000_LAX_09450_0474_000(012715).jpg

The lush, artistic world of Disney's underrated gem is finally brought to life in dark-ride form! After passing through an incredibly detailed queue made to look just like the famed cathedral (and yes, the exterior would look just like Notre Dame, too), you head up to the bell tower, where a chariot -- suspended from a bell, basically a souped-up take on Peter Pan's aerial system -- arrives to take you through the story of Quasimodo. The ride makes use of some of Disney's finest animatronics to date, detailed sets, all sorts of nifty practical effects -- including fire -- and of course, Alan Menken's iconic score to make for a ride that is visceral and emotional, while still bringing to life some of the story's most iconic moments.

BONUS: The experience exits out into The Court of Miracles, a shop themed around the underground hiding place of the Romani, and I've heard the real money-makers here are authentic wood-carvings of the characters from the film and of Notre Dame.

Arktic

Imperial Officers: Off Duty

View attachment 506819

This new 8 episode Disney+ comedy series based off Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will put you right in the halls of the Star Destroyer as you join Imperial Officers in their daily lives when Kylo Ren isn't around. The series will crack jokes based around the malfunctions in the Star Destroyer (aka malfunctions in the ride), some playful jabs at the Resistance, and some based on the Star Wars franchise itself.

Bonus: Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will now feature a moment in the 3rd pre-show where two imperial officers recite some lines from the show before Kylo Ren comes on screen.
I would actually buy a Disney+ subscription, just to see this series.

InspectorSpacetime

FO FUM QUICK CARS

Based on 1947ā€™s Mickey and the Beanstalk, this roller coaster is Disneylandā€™s answer to the Seven Dwarves Mine Train, sending guests with Mickey and co. on a daring adventure of family-friendly thrills in a classic fairy tale come to life. Immersive environments combine the oversized vegetation of A Bugā€™s Land and the larger-than-life set pieces of Parisā€™ Ratatouille attraction to suspend disbelief as guests encounter a multi-story Willie animatronic (think Kongfrontation) and a towering beanstalk that appears ever-growing. Fo Fum Quick Cars makes full use of its large chunk of real estate, and its prime location provides unforgettable on-ride views, creating a modern classic and rite of passage for guests of all ages.

jpg.jpeg

Bonus: In the shop at the rideā€™s exit, guests can buy ā€œWillie-sizedā€ items like giant teacups (which are actually serving bowls) or four foot teddy bears (which are just delightfully enormous teddy bears).​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Bom Dia Hello GIF

Hi!

If ya wanna play, you're welcome too! The current prompt is below!

Scene Seven
Mickey and the Missing Map

pvpv2Wm.png

You're an aspiring Imagineer in an elevator with Disney's CEO, Bob Chapek. You overhear him on the phone talking with Imagineers about a problem in the parks.

-The Problem-
Disneyland is packed about as full as it can be. Empty space is pretty precious. Especially in Fantasyland. Because of this, the Fantasyland Theater (Videopolis, Mickey and the Magical Map, and a bunch of other shows over the years) has been on the chopping block for a while. It's always just barely survived as other projects were greenlit first. While unfortunate, Mickey and the Magical Map has been ended (possibly permanently) leaving this theater as empty space. Something Disneyland can't really afford while trying to add big expansions to bring people back.

RVb0Wqh.png

There isn't much time left in this elevator ride, but now is your chance to impress the Big Cheese and propose a solution that will earn you a place in the Imagineering Hall of Fame!

-The Prompt-
Propose a solution!
Propose a new D/E-Ticket Attraction for Disneyland's Fantasyland to replace the Theater!
You can make anything you'd like from a roller coaster to a dark ride to a better theater. Just make sure it is something grand and exciting!
This theater basically touches Toontown too, if you'd rather have the ride be counted for that land.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture.
The deadline will be at 11:59 PM EST on Friday, October 23th

-Tips-

K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly.
This is an elevator pitch, not a full project!
It isn't about more detail, it is about the right details!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

giphy.gif

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

Keep an eye out for the bonus from some big, angry, and GREEN!

enhance

Using a single sentence (and NO pictures), propose a unique new merchandise item to go with your new attraction.

Whether you do the bonus or not will have absolutely NO effect on the main prompt's winners or the medals. BUT the best bonus will get 1 Bonus Point towards the overall rankings!​

Evilgidgit

Flowers & Trees: Nature's Waltz
220px-Silly_symphony.jpg
Replacing the Fantasyland Theatre, though carrying its musical legacy, comes an elegant dark ride that takes us through a springtime forest. Based on Disney's Oscar-winning 1932 animated short, Flowers & Trees: Nature's Waltz is a dancing attraction, using trackless stump-shaped vehicles that glide and spin through a charming woodland of animated trees and plants. Highlights include waltzing animatronics, darker scenes of rotting trees, and a deadly fire, and a spectacular floral finale through a field of dancing petals and trees.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Scene Seven
Mickey and the Missing Map

pvpv2Wm.png

You're an aspiring Imagineer in an elevator with Disney's CEO, Bob Chapek. You overhear him on the phone talking with Imagineers about a problem in the parks.

-The Problem-
Disneyland is packed about as full as it can be. Empty space is pretty precious. Especially in Fantasyland. Because of this, the Fantasyland Theater (Videopolis, Mickey and the Magical Map, and a bunch of other shows over the years) has been on the chopping block for a while. It's always just barely survived as other projects were greenlit first. While unfortunate, Mickey and the Magical Map has been ended (possibly permanently) leaving this theater as empty space. Something Disneyland can't really afford while trying to add big expansions to bring people back.

RVb0Wqh.png

There isn't much time left in this elevator ride, but now is your chance to impress the Big Cheese and propose a solution that will earn you a place in the Imagineering Hall of Fame!

-The Prompt-
Propose a solution!
Propose a new D/E-Ticket Attraction for Disneyland's Fantasyland to replace the Theater!
You can make anything you'd like from a roller coaster to a dark ride to a better theater. Just make sure it is something grand and exciting!
This theater basically touches Toontown too, if you'd rather have the ride be counted for that land.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture.
The deadline will be at 11:59 PM EST on Friday, October 23th

-Tips-

K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly.
This is an elevator pitch, not a full project!
It isn't about more detail, it is about the right details!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

giphy.gif

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

Keep an eye out for the bonus from some big, angry, and GREEN!

QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT!

The Due Date is gonna be pushed back 24 hours!

The current scene is now due 11:59 PM EST on Saturday 10/24

NateD1226

Mystical Peak

1603586352778.png

This new omnimover ride will take guests into Sorcerer Mickey's lair where he takes guests on an adventure through the mystical realms of Disney movies. The movies include Hercules, Cinderella, Aladdin, and more!

Bonus: In the ride's gift shop, you can buy the Sorcerer' Hat which plays music from the Disney movies represented in Mystical Peak (via button on the hat) and also serves as a stylish hat to wear in the park.​

spacemt354

Chili's
Cinderella's Night of Enchantment
mZaIzZZVJ8UwMf9sR0A28xr55ap4P3PwR-fq9nxii7DF52t87Y14Diyw5eLmfAiFuz-p9Z_fO0MQ9kkHVm1NhYtVzlFMmKKtCVJi0SVSmoLo8LeELZip7d45uLK3TQ

Your journey beings as you walk through Cinderella's forest chateau amid tranquility, and begin a pre-show with the Fairy Godmother as mesmerizing special effects transform Cinderella into the princess for her ball, where she has to return by midnight.

In this dark ride hybrid attraction, the Fairy Godmother places the guests in charge of bringing Cinderella home by midnight, placing the guests in an alternate perspective of the famous clocktower scene in the film.

Using a next gen slot car technology, your carriage holding 8 guests per, journeys to Cinderella as the clock strikes midnight, with an eventful chase ensuing through the forests as you rush back before your carriage turns into a pumpkin.

BONUS: A Fairy Godmother wand (to compete with the Wizarding World) will be sold, with locations throughout the queue and extending throughout the park, available for guests to swish their wands to produce various special effects.

Disneylover152

Belle's Enchanted Passage

1603597812720.png

With Disneyland's limited space, the huge 2.09-acre Beauty and the Beast dark ride from Tokyo cannot be practically brought to the resort, so a brand new classic Fantasyland dark ride is created instead to bring the very popular movie to life in the Disneyland Resort!

Board a classic storybook inspired 6 person car outdoors in a small recreation of Belle's Village before heading inside the show building as you follow Belle journey, from her sitting at the fountain in her little town to being chased by wolves in the forest before reaching the Beast's Castle.

Inside the Beast's Castle, become immersed in classic Fantasyland dark ride scenes recreating moments from Be Our Guest, The Mob Song, the Transformation, and of course the iconic song "Beauty and the Beast".

BONUS: The exit gift shop brings new merchandise to the resort where you can buy home versions of the enchanted castle objects from Lumiere to Sulton the footrest to bring the magic of Beauty and the Beast into your home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, I'm not even joking I typed up an entire prompt with a Cinderella dark ride and was about to post it when I saw there was a new post and it was @spacemt354's. They were extremely similar, down to Cinderella's chateau exterior šŸ˜‚. I had to quickly think of an idea and post this! I'm still proud of it just something funny I wanted to sharešŸ˜‚.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
WxuxEWO.png

@tcool123 - The Legend of Mor'du
Starting reviews with someone other than @TwilightZone?!? Gasp! :p

7 dwarves has proven that adding a coaster to Fantasyland can add a LOT of energy to it. And while Brave is one of the weaker Pixar movies imo, it has such a great sense of atmosphere and adventurous tone that would make it amazing for a very atmospheric ride like a coaster! It might visually clash a bit with Disneyland's Fantasyland, but the location of the theater is separated enough that it doesn't matter much (a sentence I'll be saying for a lot of projects this scene lol). Overall this is a really great project! The only thing that might hold it back would be that a Brave coaster is a pretty common armchair imagineering project. It's common because it is a great idea (and this is a great execution of it), but it still isn't the most outside the box or unique.

@TwilightZone - Mary Poppins' Supercalifragilistic Day
I really like the point you make about how Mary Poppins is a strong transition between the two lands! You didn't mention it, but Poppins' mix of regal and whimsical would also be a good tonal tie to Small World in the same area. Much like TCool's project, great idea and very solid execution, but not the most original idea.

@Brer Panther - Cookie Carnival
This just clicks as something that perfectly captures that classic Fantasyland feel! It isn't exactly a popular IP which hurts the realism a bit, but neither is Mr. Toad and that's still a beloved classic. A candy/dessert themed environment has been talked about for Disneyland since the the 50s or 60s so this would make sense as a choice. I like how you put in efforts to make it not a book report too.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
WxuxEWO.png

@DashHaber - Fantasia
Short, sweet, and to the point. Personally, I tend to think that trackless dark rides are an overused concept and that most concept would be better suited for other ride systems. This is NOT one of those times though! The way a trackless ride could glide or dance through the scenes would elevate a Fantasia ride to new heights! I would've like a bit more of a twist than just a showcase of scenes, but Fantasia is one of the few properties that does lend itself well to just a showcase.

@surfdawg - The Muppets Mayhem Coaster!
Welcome to the game! Always great to see some newer members popping up!

The good thing about the Muppets is that it is one of the few brands that can fit almost anywhere. While a studio isn't the perfect fit for Fantasyland and Muppets isn't the perfect fit for Toon Town, the Muppets have always been able to blend in and the location of the theater this is replacing is tucked away enough that it clashing isn't toooo big of a concern. I still would've liked something is a stronger thematic fit for either of the lands this borders though. Luckily, Muppets are always a ton of fun! A crazy and chaotic (yet still family friendly) ride system would be a perfect way to showcase the zanniness of the IP. It would be super fun!

As a quick not: I'm not gonna hold it against you too much with this being your first round, but the rules of this game are that you can only use one picture and up to three sentences to pitch your idea.

@DisneyManOne - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
I love Notre Dame! It is such a beautiful and epic film and the way you pitch it, this would be a such a beautiful and epic ride! This could truly capture the amazing scope and grandeur of this film! I wish this was more than just a book report, but this ride is on such a grand scale that being a book report doesn't really hold it back much. Plus, with this IP there really aren't many options for something other than a book report. Only an idiot would do a sequel to the Hunchback of Notre Dame!
5ccf78f4498f186dd348b301a503813271d91e4d_00.jpg

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
WxuxEWO.png

@InspectorSpacetime - Fo Fum Quick Cars
7 Dwarves mine train! Kongfrontation! Oversized sets! Mickey and the Beanstalk! It's like a list of things I like!

A rollercoaster dark ride blend can add a lot to a Fantasyland and add a great new energy to it and this is a good choice for it. I'm slightly concerned about Mickey's first ride on the west coast having him play second fiddle to the giant, but other than that this is a really strong premise. Simple, but you do a good job tossing out just the right details to showcase what makes your idea unique without overexplaining anything. While this isn't a super popular IP, Mickey and the Beanstalk has stood the test of time and is based on such a classic fairy tale that the lack of popularity doesn't really bring down the realism much.

@Evilgidgit - Flowers & Trees: Nature's Waltz
This is a great and iconic piece of Disney history and a great use of trackless ride tech! The best dark rides are built around atmosphere and the emotions they make you feel. I'll admit, it has been a VERY long time since I've actually seen the short and I don't remember it too well. Yet you've used very few words to sell me on both the atmospher and the emotional journey this ride would take us through!

@NateD1226 - Mystical Peak
Your profile pic has changed and change scares me!

Fantasyland is always a very busy section of any castle park. An omnimover would be a perfect choice to add something high capacity and constantly moving to the park! It's a great ride system that has been used for some of the best rides in Disney history (and the Little Mermaid Ride which sucks! Boom! Controversial Opinion!) As for your ride beyond the system for it:
88460e845b795f9e92ef693ad008256f.jpg

Almost feels like a Fantasmic ride! You can't go wrong with a Sorcerer Mickey focused cross over whether its a show, a ride, a video game, a song, whatever lol. It's a strong concept. Since it is a concept Disney has done a lot though, I would've liked to see something to connect them thematically or story wise. Is it music that ties them together? Is there a series of lessons that mickey learns? A focus on lovable red heads? What is the theme or story? It doesn't need to be much, just a little bit to tie them together and differentiate it from the large number of mickey based crossovers Disney does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom