One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators - The Game Begins!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
PblDwXM.png

Just a reminder of how scoring works:
Submitting anything is worth 1 Point
Doing anything for the bonus is worth 1 Point
A Bronze or Silver Trophy is worth an extra 1 point
A Gold Trophy is worth an extra 2 Points!

If I did math wrong and you feel like your score is wrong, let me know and I'll fix it!

Any ties at the end of the game will be determined by either whoever has the most trophies and/or a fight to the death

@AceAstro - 22
@Brer Panther - 20
@major.hatter - 19
@ThemeParkPriest - 18
@Architectural Guinea Pig - 18
@Disney Warrior - 18
@imagineer97 - 18
@WaltWiz1901 - 17
@Evilgidgit - 16
@Solaris Knight - 16
@OvertheHorizon - 16
@Suchomimus - 16
@Muppetsfan#1 - 16
@cdunlap - 14
@Miru - 13
@DisneyManOne - 11
@spacemt354 - 8
@MickeyWaffleCo. - 4
@Lizzy May Bee - 4
@Disney Dad 3000 - 2
@mharrington - 2
@DisneyFan32 - 2
@FireMountain - 2
@Dark PerGron - 1

We're in the home stretch now! Scene 9 ends tonight and then we begin our grand finale!

Last edited:

ThemeParkPriest

Fountain of Youth Restrooms
Fountain-of-Youth-569950388.jpg

Located in the Animal Kingdom’s Oasis near the bridge going to Discovery Island, the Fountain of Youth restrooms will offer revitalization for all guests–both those using them and those waiting for their party on benches at the waterfall and pool area. Inside the cave-like bathrooms, sink water seems to magically flow out of holes in the stone wall and turquoise-colored toilets, urinals, and dividers add to the serenity of the facilities. The women’s restroom in particular provides ample mirrors and counter space to freshen up either near the start or end of the day at the park.

Bonus: “The Elixir of Youth” cart sells tea (black, green, chai, chamomile) as well as coffee due to the fact that caffeine gives life to the drooping spirit (and speed to get to the Fountain of Life).

Evilgidgit

I REGRET NOTHING!

SLOPRANO CESSPIT

Next door to Epic Universe's Super Nintendo World, straight from Conker's Bad Fur Day, comes the most rancid, smelliest, musically-included toilet facilities in the world. Home to the Sloprano himself, The Great Mighty Poo, portrayed via a state-of-the-art animatronic, guests will be serenaded to as they drop in, and pray that they can get out of there just as quickly!

Bonus: Sweet Sweet Sweetcorn Sundae -- Purchase delicious sweetcorn-flavoured ice cream from your local snack cart.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I REGRET NOTHING!

SLOPRANO CESSPIT

Next door to Epic Universe's Super Nintendo World, straight from Conker's Bad Fur Day, comes the most rancid, smelliest, musically-included toilet facilities in the world. Home to the Sloprano himself, The Great Mighty Poo, portrayed via a state-of-the-art animatronic, guests will be serenaded to as they drop in, and pray that they can get out of there just as quickly!

Bonus: Sweet Sweet Sweetcorn Sundae -- Purchase delicious sweetcorn-flavoured ice cream from your local snack cart.

I don’t know if I like a living poop monster talking to me while I’m trying to take a dump. I would say something else but I would throw up while writing it, let’s just say general grevious famous quote.

Evilgidgit

I don’t know if I like a living poop monster talking to me while I’m trying to take a dump. I would say something else but I would throw up while writing it, let’s just say general grevious famous quote.
Well, if I'm asked to delete the post, so be it, but this is just for laughs. I've seen far fouler things in toilets than a singing poop monster.

Traverse Town Toilets
traverse town.png

Themed to the beloved hub town in Kingdom Hearts, the Traverse Town Toilets have hidden Moogles and trinity marks throughout so there is always something to look at, even if your phone died taking too many pictures of Cinderellas castle. These bathrooms are tucked away on Main Street USA, and while at first they don't seem too fitting, Traverse Town - like Main Street - is the central hub to your magical adventures. Womens restrooms are identified by Oathkeeper, mens with Oblivion, and the gender neutral/companion restrooms by the Ultima Weapon.

Bonus: Add a small snack cart with paopu fruit skewers and sea salt ice pops.
sea salt paopu.jpg

Suchomimus

Watermill Water-Closet
JA15BerrySchoolsOldMillPD.jpg
Coming as part of the Shrek's Swamp mini-land for the upcoming Dreamworks land at Universal Studios Florida, where an old watermill has been restored as a water closet for guest usage. Inside, the toilets, urinals and sinks have a wood and stone-made design to them, juxtapose to the plain white ceramics of modern restroom. Both the men's and women's sides have their own distinct murals in the same style as the manuscripts from the opening, with men having Shrek strolling in his swamp while the women's depicts Fiona picking sunflowers in a field.
Bonus: Nearby is snack cart selling an array of savory and sweet treats inspired by Shrek's swampy home; including these Mud Balls, which are brownie balls with a mint fudge filling.
Mint-Balls-IC-2.jpg

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So, this is gonna be an interesting round to review considering the sillier nature of the prompt lead to some serious pitches and some significantly more goofy ones lol. So, I'm gonna do my best​

CnSJFPk.png

Let's see what Joe Disney thinks!
Underground Utilities
View attachment 764708

Starting in 2025, at Super Nintendo World in Epic Universe, guests can enter a bathroom themed to the levels below the surface from all of the mainline Mario games (because after all, the Mario brothers are plumbers). While in the restroom, guests can look at murals that are styled like the underground levels from the original Super Mario Bros (complete with enemies like Goombas and Koopas) and listen to a soundtrack composed of underground level themes. Additionally, you can hear sound effects from Mario games in the restroom and in the toilets (you can play levels from Super Mario Bros while doing your business) as you continue your adventure in Universal’s newest park.

Bonus:
View attachment 764715
In a snack cart located near the restroom, you can buy specialty Goomba cupcakes (themed to an enemy that frequents the underground levels); chocolate cupcakes topped with chocolate icing, decorated to look like a Goomba from the games.
Ya had me right up until the "playing mario while you potty" bit. I think I'd rather use the janky 3rd party controller rather than touch that one haha. But seriously this was a great pitch and a really fun way to incorporate the Underground levels. Iirc the real Mario land does something similar with some underwater level theming, but that's just proof its a great concept! I especially like the mural of the level made out of bathroom tiles

+1 Bonus - Goomba cupcake is a great idea! Though the ones pictured look more like the boss fight from Conker's Bad Fur Day that Evil Gidgit used for their bathroom lol
The Ratatouille Bathrooms
Put a restroom near the Ratatouille ride - yes, another one. Y'know, since the ride itself is crap! As far as theming goes, the toilets and sinks are made out of kitchen appliances, for everyone who ever wanted to take a dump in a giant cooking pot.

Bonus: After you take a dump, you're immediately handed a bottle of prune juice - so you'll have to go right back in!
Tell us how you really feel about Rat Ride lol. Obviously some of your details are meant to be more facetious, but I do think a kitchen themed bathroom near Rat Ride could be kinda fun if pulled off right. Or disturbingly gross to think about too hard if pulled off wrong. Tough to say haha

+1 Bonus - Definitely could lead to more repeat customers!
View attachment 764717
Well Joe, after eight tries and one “Honorable Mention,” I’ve got zero chance of winning this competition, so might as well swing for the fences and propose a half-dozen MAGIC LOOs near the exit of the Kilimanjaro Safari at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. These mud and grass hut (single use, unisex) structures will add authenticity to what it’s like to travel to remote locations in Africa. Guests will encounter a dirt floor with a deep hole, plus a convenient fold-down board with a hand-carved hole to fit nearly any size tush, and I think we can bring this immersive experience to life (because calling it “Magic” makes it more special) for just under $1.8 million. ;)

BONUS: As thirsty guests exit the safari ride, they can purchase a Purple Afrikaner Cocktail, a blend of organic prune juice, Amarula cream liqueur, fresh squeezed lime juice, low fat milk, and crushed ice – and with that prune juice – a perfect prompt to visit our new Magic Loo.
I always support swinging for the fences. It's more fun that way! Clearly meant as a more comedic pitch, but DAK has done weird things with poo before with scat theme chocolates being an actual thing they actually sold. An immersive restroom experience like this might go a bit far, but immersion in theme parks is something Disney is always trying to improve

+1 Bonus - Sounds...yummy?
Andy's Old Toilet
Andy's old toilet is finally being thrown away, but he begs his mom to let him add the toilet to his outdoor theme park play set (Toy Story Land at DHS)–for some reason, his mom agrees to this, after a thorough cleansing. Guests at DHS will find that Andy put a lot of work into his old toilet, creating men's, women's, and single person miniature bathrooms within, as well as water fountains built into the side of the toilet. To adults, it's just a bathroom building that looks like a toilet, but to children of all ages, it's a bathroom trip they'll never forget.

View attachment 764771
Bonus: What's a better prelude to a giant bathroom trip than a giant sized portion of curry, served in one of Andy's bottle caps?
A giant toilet might seem a bit out of place in a backyard, but idk. Considering the amount of alcohol you can find in Andy's Lunchbox, maybe Andy's mom has bigger things to worry about than his outdoor toilet art project. Oversized props are fun. Can never go wrong with making something much larger than it should be in a theme park. And while the potty might not be my first choice, I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't still be neat. Giant things are neat!

+1 Bonus - I love a good curry

Big Blue House Bathrooms

What better way to theme the restrooms near Disney Junior Dance Party! in both Hollywood Studios and California Adventure, pay homage to one of Playhouse Disney’s biggest shows back in the day (Bear in the Big Blue House), and bring more Muppet representation into both parks all at once than to theme them to Tutter the mouse’s mousehole - and specifically, his bathroom (pictured here) - and the bathroom upstairs in the Big Blue House? These restrooms are sure to reassure the little ones that they, too, can join the ranks of the Toileteers!

Bonus
To continue the Bear theme, a triple-berry pie is one of the foods on the menu at Schmoozies! nearby.
A subtley themed homage to a show that doesn't just have a connection to Disney and an important place in children's TV history, but it also has historical significance to that location. The first version of the Disney Jr show (East Coast at least) was just Bear in the Big Blue House! This is a fun and simple idea that makes a lot of sense

+1 Bonus - Yummm
The Wonderland Bathrooms are bathrooms that are only accessible by following signs through a UV-lit Wonderland forest, as seen below!View attachment 764837
Bonus: CONSUME YOUR MAP YOU GOT UPON PARK ENTRY!
Paris/Shanghai might have Wonderland mazes and California might have a Wonderland dark ride... but now we've got an intentionally hard to find Wonderland restroom! Assuming it isn't too hard to navigate, a restroom tucked away in the back of a blacklight forest sounds adorable. I love that kind of old school dark ride aesthetic and getting to walk through it would be awesome. Plus, WDW could use the upgrade and the Cheshire Cafe restrooms might be the most boring in the park

+1 Bonus - On it Boss!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So, this is gonna be an interesting round to review considering the sillier nature of the prompt lead to some serious pitches and some significantly more goofy ones lol. So, I'm gonna do my best​

CnSJFPk.png

s-l1200.webp
That’s All Folks! Restrooms.

Found at various Six Flags parks; these restrooms are themed around the iconic Looney Tunes end titles! Visitors walk through that swirly card, walking into the dot in the center, then sitting down behind a door showing a drum, like the older endings of the show.

Bonus - That’s Edible, Folks! Cinnamon rolls shaped much like the “That’s All Folks” cards are for sale here, frosted with the iconic text.
Fun, simple, visually interesting, but not overbearing for a bathroom. Plus, its fun seeing someone burst out of the Disney/Universal bubble. Not much to say here aside from that I like it!

+1 Bonus - A very cute snack
T-Rex Toilets
View attachment 764854
Located next to Thunder Falls Terrace, a new set of restrooms open up themed to the ones seen near the T-Rex Paddock in Jurassic Park. While the outside is themed to match the movie, the inside is seemingly a normal bathroom. That is, until a guest spends too long in the bathroom, as the roof turns out to be a scrim, revealing a large T-Rex head looming over the bathroom ready to eat anyone for spending too much time.

Bonus: Added to Thunder Falls Terrace is Triceratops Droppings: a desert consisting of chocolate, butter, coconut, and oats rolled into smaller handheld snacks.
View attachment 764855
This is why I hold it until I get to Toon Lagoon! No funny business there!

It might be a bit over the top to have a startling thing like that happen while on the loo. But honestly a bit of a harmless prank and a cool gimmick for a restroom does not sound that far outside of what Universal would do. The scene is an iconic one too. These bathrooms might have crossed the line a bit for how much Universal would feel comfortable doing, but it only barely crosses. Just a tiny smidge

+1 Bonus - If disney can do it so can universal
Journey of Water Bathrooms

View attachment 764863

While seeming to be vulgar to remember, the history of public sanitation and water supply is itself also part of the water cycle, so these whimsical bathrooms festooned with bamboo doors and seashells embedded in the walls are educational as well as useful. Plastered on the walls of stall doors and urinals are historical and scientific but not too dry charts and timelines about how bathrooms are also part of the water ecosystem, providing fun facts to help keep your brain occupied while things "move along". Soothing blues and greens and coconut and pineapple smells piped in immerse you in ancient Polynesia while making your bathroom experience as pleasant as possible while you plan your next adventure in Epcot.

Bonus: Kakamora Cooler

View attachment 764869

This delicious and frosty coconut milk and date milkshake is sure to keep your body's own journey moving, complete with a whimsically decorated kakamori coconut patty as a garnish.
There is a companion restroom in Moana, but honestly its embarrassing. I have to believe it wasn't planned and then very late into development they were told they legally needed one in there or something. It is just an unthemed shed in a tiny alley that clearly used to be backstage with some bamboo slightly separating it from the path. Perhaps the worst bathroom in all of WDW. This would be a big improvement and honestly it would be a great way to keep the learning flowing while guests are going. The tropical scents are a nice touch

+1 Bonus - kinda fun
Whimsi-Wonder Restrooms

View attachment 764880

This restroom at magic kingdom will combine all of the lands of magic kingdom into this one singular restroom. Murals decorate the walls with designs based on Disney movies and theme park rides, each stall is themed to the many lands of the magic kingdom from the jungle sounds of Adventureland to the sounds of spaceships taking off from Tomorrowland, each stall with come with specific sounds that will truly make this normal looking restroom into an experience of itself, there will be magical mirrors where a character will replace you for a short period of time, there will also be dancing water fountains and the sinks will glow a specific color while a hand is close to it. This restroom will truly give guests an experience similar to a ride rather than an ordinary restroom.

View attachment 764879

Bonus: outside of the restrooms will be a cart that will sell different foods and drinks themed to different lands, main example will be the poison apple from Snow White as a candy(obviously not poisoned).
It might just be me, but I don't think I want a mirror in the stall. Much less a magic mirror where characters appear lol. But other than that this is mostly all doable and would be a nice way to add some whimsey. The glowing sinks is a really neat idea I think. Imagine if you could link your MagicBand+ to it so when you set your favorite color for your band it also sets what color to turn your sink. Obviously, this is still just a restroom, but this really would be a uniquely Disney take on one

+1 Bonus - People love candied apples and themed snacks
Fountain of Youth Restrooms
View attachment 765370
Located in the Animal Kingdom’s Oasis near the bridge going to Discovery Island, the Fountain of Youth restrooms will offer revitalization for all guests–both those using them and those waiting for their party on benches at the waterfall and pool area. Inside the cave-like bathrooms, sink water seems to magically flow out of holes in the stone wall and turquoise-colored toilets, urinals, and dividers add to the serenity of the facilities. The women’s restroom in particular provides ample mirrors and counter space to freshen up either near the start or end of the day at the park.

Bonus: “The Elixir of Youth” cart sells tea (black, green, chai, chamomile) as well as coffee due to the fact that caffeine gives life to the drooping spirit (and speed to get to the Fountain of Life).
Waterfalls, fountains, myths, ruins/caves. It's like you're just listing things I like lol. The theme technically doesn't fit DAK, but aesthetically it would fit very well which I feel is enough to justify a bathroom. The turquoise is a nice visual touch, and I particularly appreciate the thematic tie of including extra mirrors/counters for the sake of freshening up in the Fountain of Youth.

+1 Bonus - Sounds soothing
I REGRET NOTHING!

SLOPRANO CESSPIT

I never played CBFD and didn't even know it existed until I was in high school. But as a kid I knew Conker because he made a cameo appearance in Diddy Kong Racing well before his Bad Fur Day back when his game was just gonna be another kid friendly platformer. That song was the first thing I learned about it. Do I think Universal would ever build this? No. Do I think it would be really funny? Absolutely.

+1 Bonus - Yummmm

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Merlin's Laboratory Lavatory
1706417616361.png

Disney is upping its game for their bathrooms with Project Toiletbowl, a project that will build (and test on guests) 3 new themed high-tech bathroom facilities at Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, and Avengers Campus at the Disneyland Resort! The standout attraction is Merlin's Laboratory Lavatory, where the most magical things happen behind Merlin's potion shop, featuring wooden-patterned auto-flush Bidet toilets where you can work magic with water (for Americans who don't know, Bidet toilets can power-wash your butt with a click of a button), golden faucets (five to a sink, and only one faucet randomly spilling out water when your hand passes a sensor), glowing lanterns, and medieval stone walls, all existing while you listen to bubbling potions and the faint chitters and squeaks of rats in the roof. With each toilet containing a secret, uniquely-colored light at the bottom to give it a mysterious glow, Merlin's Lavatory will truly offer you an ambient, magical experience- as long as you don't stay too long on your toilet that it begins to hiss and "explode" (no worries, just sound) right on top of you...

1706417960403.png
The bathrooms are located behind the real family-friendly bar/potion shop: Merlin's Laboratory, with its standout non-alcoholic drink Red Dragon Milk Tea, a strawberry fruit/milk tea topped with popping "lava" pearls and fruity strawberry chunks, perfect for enjoying your time at Disneyland and running to the conveniently placed restroom right behind the Laboratory...

cdunlap

The bathrooms are located behind the real family-friendly bar/potion shop: Merlin's Laboratory, with its standout non-alcoholic drink Red Dragon Milk Tea, a strawberry fruit/milk tea topped with popping "lava" pearls and fruity strawberry chunks, perfect for enjoying your time at Disneyland and running to the conveniently placed restroom right behind the Laboratory...
Milk tea, you say? I'm game!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So, this is gonna be an interesting round to review considering the sillier nature of the prompt lead to some serious pitches and some significantly more goofy ones lol. So, I'm gonna do my best

1706417767861.png

Traverse Town Toilets
View attachment 765454
Themed to the beloved hub town in Kingdom Hearts, the Traverse Town Toilets have hidden Moogles and trinity marks throughout so there is always something to look at, even if your phone died taking too many pictures of Cinderellas castle. These bathrooms are tucked away on Main Street USA, and while at first they don't seem too fitting, Traverse Town - like Main Street - is the central hub to your magical adventures. Womens restrooms are identified by Oathkeeper, mens with Oblivion, and the gender neutral/companion restrooms by the Ultima Weapon.

Bonus: Add a small snack cart with paopu fruit skewers and sea salt ice pops.
View attachment 765455

Getting the elephant in the room out of the way: This is a stretch for Main Street thematically. The more esoteric tie of them both being hubs work, but visually I just don't see it blending. Perhaps Toon Town would be a closer fit? Idk where the best spot would be but in a vacuum this is perfect! Sutble theming with fun visuals. A scavenger hunt for hidden mickeys moogles is a very fun kind of sorta activity to keep guests occupied while they're busy. The thought put into the restroom signs is very fun

+1 Bonus - I've wanted to eat those since I was like 9
Watermill Water-Closet
JA15BerrySchoolsOldMillPD.jpg
Coming as part of the Shrek's Swamp mini-land for the upcoming Dreamworks land at Universal Studios Florida, where an old watermill has been restored as a water closet for guest usage. Inside, the toilets, urinals and sinks have a wood and stone-made design to them, juxtapose to the plain white ceramics of modern restroom. Both the men's and women's sides have their own distinct murals in the same style as the manuscripts from the opening, with men having Shrek strolling in his swamp while the women's depicts Fiona picking sunflowers in a field.
Bonus: Nearby is snack cart selling an array of savory and sweet treats inspired by Shrek's swampy home; including these Mud Balls, which are brownie balls with a mint fudge filling.
Mint-Balls-IC-2.jpg
A themed bathroom for Shrek is so perfect I can't believe Universal doesn't actually have a Shrek bathroom announced yet for the new mini-land. Some wood/stone work (or fakes using decals/vinyls of course) would definitely give this room a distinct flair. I love the murals too. I think the differences between the male/female restrooms like that are part of what makes the Tangled bathrooms so fun.

+1 Bonus - That actually sounds really good. Didn't think I'd come out of this round craving chocolate lol

Apologies to @Pi on my Cake for getting my submission in 1 minute before due time, I was out of internet most of today so did a write-up as fast as I could haha
BANNED FOR 1000 YEARS!
I usually don't count it as" late" as long as its in before the results are posted, you're all good.

Merlin's Laboratory Lavatory
View attachment 765456

Disney is upping its game for their bathrooms with Project Toiletbowl, a project that will build (and test on guests) 3 new themed high-tech bathroom facilities at Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, and Avengers Campus at the Disneyland Resort! The standout attraction is Merlin's Laboratory Lavatory, where the most magical things happen behind Merlin's potion shop, featuring wooden-patterned auto-flush Bidet toilets where you can work magic with water (for Americans who don't know, Bidet toilets can power-wash your butt with a click of a button), golden faucets (five to a sink, and only one faucet randomly spilling out water when your hand passes a sensor), glowing lanterns, and medieval stone walls, all existing while you listen to bubbling potions and the faint chitters and squeaks of rats in the roof. With each toilet containing a secret, uniquely-colored light at the bottom to give it a mysterious glow, Merlin's Lavatory will truly offer you an ambient, magical experience- as long as you don't stay too long on your toilet that it begins to hiss and "explode" (no worries, just sound) right on top of you...

View attachment 765458The bathrooms are located behind the real family-friendly bar/potion shop: Merlin's Laboratory, with its standout non-alcoholic drink Red Dragon Milk Tea, a strawberry fruit/milk tea topped with popping "lava" pearls and fruity strawberry chunks, perfect for enjoying your time at Disneyland and running to the conveniently placed restroom right behind the Laboratory...
I can't begin to fathom the messes that would be created by entrusting Disney World guests with a bidet, but I'll trust you that Disneyland folks can handle it haha. Project Toiletbowl is a neat way to tie this to a larger initiative. IDK exactly what amount of whimsy guest want in a restroom, but more themed bathrooms is a potentially really fun/engaging idea. Merlin's Lavatory is a fun take on this with plenty of "magical" details but nothing that goes too far to be overwhelming or uncomfortable for guests who just gotta go. There's nothing crazier than lights at play here. Its just a well themed space for a theme park that happens to be a potty.

+1 Bonus - That sounds so good right now

cdunlap

Paris/Shanghai might have Wonderland mazes and California might have a Wonderland dark ride... but now we've got an intentionally hard to find Wonderland restroom! Assuming it isn't too hard to navigate, a restroom tucked away in the back of a blacklight forest sounds adorable. I love that kind of old school dark ride aesthetic and getting to walk through it would be awesome. Plus, WDW could use the upgrade and the Cheshire Cafe restrooms might be the most boring in the park
It's in an infinite labyrinth with mirror chambers!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
9wYfNiB.png

wfH4MNC.png

@Evilgidgit - Sloprano Cesspit

The Honorable Mention goes to someone who's project excelled in one field, but did not quite make the cut for a medal for whatever reason. This was the one that made me laugh the most. First Conker's Bad Fur Day project on the forum as far as I know

fi8BZ2h.png

@Suchomimus - Watermill Water-Closet

This does a great job of adding to the area its in rather than just being another restroom. It feels like a part of the experience.

oUugaAj.png

@Solaris Knight - Journey of Water

An interesting way to continue the themes of attraction in a novel fashion

33sYVki.png

@Miru - That's All Folks

Really just a nice and simple idea that would work really well. A great 1SC elevator pitch

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom