One night stay before our trip

ladydi

I need some advice. My family of 5 is going to the world in October and we are staying at the beach club. We were planning on catching a very early flight on Sunday. However if we fly out on Saturday , we can save $200 and more importantly get a good nights sleep and hit the parks refreshed.
Here's my dilemma. Beach club does not have my room category available for Saturday. We could stay at PORS for $226 or stay at one of the DTD hotels for quite a bit less. Has anyone transferred from an offsite to on site? Am I crazy to save only $100? We won't have a car so would probably cab it. Thanks!

kamr211

I always say the more time the merrier!
I would book something at DTD or PORS and keep checking the Beach Club.
I'm pretty sure they will move your bags for you from PORS to Beach Club. Plus with Magical Express, why would you need a cab?

Upvote 0

KCheatle

Seems to me that your current proposal is 6 in one hand 1/2 a dozen in the other. You're saving $200 by flying on Saturday, but spending ~$200 to stay overnight Saturday night. If I were in your shoes, I'd come Saturday night and stay at like the Pop Century or some other value resort. It's only 1 night, you'd spend significantly less than $200 to stay there, you'd get your bags moved for free, and you can take the bus system to get wherever you want, so you don't need a cab.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

we routinely do this. we learned a few years ago that waking up refreshed on the first morning instead of traveling very early, makes a world of difference.
we stay at the hyatt that is actually in the airport. it is very very nice. they will pick up your luggage for you, and you can go right to your room
we actually have them keep it in bell services overnight so that we take sleeping kids off the plane, into strollers, and right into beds in about 20 minutes flat, and no noise from luggage being delivered. we just pack one carry on with everything we need for the next day. good to have anyway in case they lose your luggage!
we actually save money because tickets for us are about 75 dollars less to fly out friday after work than saturday morning, more than covers the room.
and the hotel is not only beautiful, but the kids love waking up to watching airplanes taxi-ing and landing right outside their hotel window. we get a quick breakfast from the food court that is right at the exit from the hotel elevator and get an early well rested start.

but don't tell anyone else, if too many people figure this out, they'll start raising their prices ;)

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

We arrived early last year, because our stay in Hilton Head turned into a rain/wind week of storms, and we went to Disney a few days early. We were sort of in the same boat. Our pin code wouldn't work on the extra days at the Boardwalk, and I didn't want to pay the rack rates for those 2 days. We ended up at the Dolphin. It was cheaper than the BW rack rates, and was close in proximity. Disney also transferred our bags for us from one resort to the other when we started our stay at BW, and we just walked across. I thought it was really convenient and we loved both resorts! Since you're at Beach Club, it might be worth it to check the rates at Swan & Dolphin too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom