One more time before the Apocalypse

Welcome to my pre-trip report.

(I started this months ago, just never got around to posting it. Our Magical Express documents finally came the other day, making it all seem real and close, so I decided to finally get on the ball and share it.)

The planning for this year’s trip started in 2008, almost immediately after we returned from our last family vacation to WDW. Our family consists of Mom (me), Dad (DH), our two adult children (DD#1 & DD#2) and their boyfriends. We had such a wonderful time during our 2008 trip that we knew we had to go back some day. DD#2 mentioned that she wanted to go back to Disney one more time before the Apocalypse in 2012. “How do you know the Apocalypse is coming in 2012?” I asked. “I saw it on the History Channel- something about the Mayans and Nostradamus” she replied. Of course she was joking, but we’ll use any excuse to go back! We decided to shoot for 2010 (so maybe we could make it back twice before the end of the world? :p but unfortunately fate intervened and we found out DD#2 needed major surgery that April, thus killing any chance of a trip that year. After all was well with her and we knew she’d be up for a trip, we started talking about going in 2011. Unfortunately, due to grown-up obligations and work, we weren’t sure we’d be able to find a good time for all 6 of us. Picking dates seemed near impossible and things were starting to look grim, when lo & behold a magical PIN offer came my way. 35% off Deluxe rooms (and we are Poly addicts) for various times up until early June if booked by the end of 2010. SURELY there must be 6-7 days we could all agree on! We’ve only been to Disney in early June, but knew that if it had to be May we would need to be gone before the busy Memorial Day week-end crowds. Could we make it happen?

DisneyPics082.jpg

This was the view from our room in Fiji in May 2008

Side story: I am a 12 + years breast cancer survivor and at my last mammogram the doctor found 2 spots he wanted to biopsy. Because I was taking Ibuprofen for a pulled muscle, the biopsies had to be postponed a week. Of course this was all happening right around the time we were trying to finalize our dates and book everything! So after an agonizing 2 weeks, I got the all clear. I just KNEW God wouldn’t let the cancer come back after I’d been so faithful doing all I was told these past 13 years. The first thing I did after thanking God and calling DH was e-mail both DDs to say “Everything is negative- now let’s talk Disney World!!!!!”

DSCF0442.jpg

tink65

Congratulations on being a breast cancer survivior!

I am loving you PTR! We are eating at Kona Cafe for dinner when we go in Sept. First time for us and we're really looking forward to it! Can't wait to read your TR! Thanks for sharing!

Todd L

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for your kind words.

And, yes, food pictures drive me crazy, too! Tonga Toast is amazing! but so are their Pineapple macadamia nut pancakes!!! Looking at "food " is one of my favorite activities!! Good thing just looking doesn't pack on the calories, too! :ROFLOL:

I showed my family the pictures of the Tonga toast and now they all wanna go to The Poly and try it!!!

Cant wait!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom