One more Table Service

Rsj88

Original Poster
We are traveling to Disney in Nov/Dec and are on the dining plan. I will be with my husband, 7 year old and 18 month old sons. It has been a long time since we have done table service meals so I am looking for advice. I have 6 table service meals planned but I need one more. I am looking for something fun for the kids and only one TS credit. I have read all the menus but I just can't decide. I would prefer it to be close to MK or Epcot since we will be spending the majority of our time there.
Here is what I have:
CRT
Ohana
Scifi
Chef Mickey's
San Angel Inn
Tusker House

I have thought about crystal palace but neither of the boys care about pooh :(
Thanks for your help!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Does it take very long to get there? I assume you take a boat there from MK?
Lots of people think the boat is super fast and convenient, but it's not. It's a 15 minute boat ride compared to a 15 minute bus ride to most of the other resorts. If time is a concern, you're better off dining in the parks. Given your preference to eat at MK or Epcot, I'd suggest trying to get a table at Rose and Crown at 8:00, which will line up nicely with IllumiNations.

rt06

Boat. Bus. Doesn't matter, though bus is slightly faster. Take one there, one back. The resort is very close to MK and worthy of a little exploration.

If you don't have a character meal already planned you may want to do that for the kids.

belledream

Whispering Canyon would be great for the kids! The boat is worth the potential extra time as it's a very lovely ride.

I'm also suggesting Coral Reef in EPCOT. Kids (okay, I) love watching all the different fish swim by as we eat. It's such a unique dining experience!

RememberWhen

In Epcot we love garden Grill. You get to see Mickey and chip and dale. Our very best character interactions have been chip and dale at Garden Grill.
At Magic Kingdom you could try to do dinner at Be Our Guest. Our nearly 4 year old loved meeting the Beast after dinner (despite not having seen the movie).
If you're willing to end your night there, I definitely recommend Hoop-Dee-doo. We love it. Watching DS laugh hysterically at jokes he didn't understand was lovely.

JohnD

Whispering Canyon would be great for the kids! The boat is worth the potential extra time as it's a very lovely ride.

I'm also suggesting Coral Reef in EPCOT. Kids (okay, I) love watching all the different fish swim by as we eat. It's such a unique dining experience!

Agree on boat for WL or FW just for the experience/relaxation. If both bus and boat are 15 minutes, I vote boat.

Rsj88

Original Poster
Thank you all so much for your help! I really appreciate everyone's input! It's going to be a hard decision!

Disneykings

Sci-Fi .. Its a great place to eat and the theme is amazing. My daughter is a nightmare at mealtimes, refuses to eat anything and it turns into a full blown war. But she sat perfectly quiet, watched the big screen and eat all her food. Both my husband and myself where so shocked. Its quite dark in there but you have a little light on your car so you can see your food. Our cast member was brilliant, talked us through the menu and dining plan options. Highly recommended, already booked again for this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom