Trip Report One mission to enjoy the monorail resorts!

The last few trips I've taken have been long enough to enjoy the parks but don't leave anytime to slow down and take in the rest. I've al heard about taking a day to enjoy all of the wonderful resorts and their perfect themes. So that's what I did. I arrived at 11am with no intentions of having a park ticket so I wouldn't get side tracked. I think one of the best sights in the world is the Welcome sign as you enter the property.
image.jpg
I parked in the Magic Kindom Parking lot and took the tram to TTA.
Now it was desision time. Take the path through the Polynesian, ride the monorail to Contemporary, or take the ferry to MK. I decided to walk only to find out with all of the refurbishment the path was closed and the new walk is through parking lots ugh.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm glad I decieded to walk even though it was out of the way. It forced me to enter the resort through the main entrance. I haven't been to the Poly in over 20yrs and this bought back such emotions. This has always been my favorite resort. But I have to admit I don't care for the removal of the waterfall.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I even caught a glimps of my favorite character Pluto!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Chasin' Tail

Original Poster
As I went to get on the monorail to leave GF I realized something wasn't right. The resort monorail wasn't going all the way around. Only to the Poly, Gf and MK. This didn't seen to bad except for the wait and getting from the Contemporary to Poly became a pain. Anyway on to the Magic Kindom!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Now off to the Wilderness Lodge. I've never been there. Being a fishing guide in the northeast this resort has always interested me.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Chasin' Tail

Original Poster
All can say is wow! I love the look of this resort. Once I get my DVC deed I will have to stay here.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I really didn't want to leave. But on the way out I talked to the DVC cast member who really got me thinking of buying. So I took the boat back to MK and and jumped on the monorail heading to the Contemporary.

FlaggNL

Great pictures of the Wilderness Lounge! Maybe it is something for us in the future! Next stay will be POFQ!

Chasin' Tail

Original Poster
So once I got back to the MK I was informed what was going on with the monorail system. The resort line want going through the Contemporary. So you had to take the express monorail was stopping there. Best part being the middle of the day not to many were leaving the park so I got to ride in a car all alone!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I've always been a huge fan of the Contemporary's design but for some reason I didn't take any pics while I was there. Silly me. I did make half a dozen squished pennies. As you can tell I didn't get anempty car on the way back to MK.

Chasin' Tail

Original Poster
Now that I'm back at the MK monorail station I just need to take the resort monorail back to the Poly. While I was at the WL I started think about lunch. So as I sat in the grand foyer I looked up some reviews on the best counter service meals I the hotels. Well low and behold Capt. Hook serves the infamous Dole Whip. In all the years I've been to WDW I've never had one and after reading all the reports on here I had to try one!
image.jpg
image.jpg

I was going to get the pulled pork nachos but once I saw the buffalo chicken and waffles I couldn't resist. So good! Plus I liked that you got two small waffles instead of one big one.

image.jpg

Now that I have my first Dole Whip in hand I understand what all the hype is about!

image.jpg

Not wanting to leave quite yet I walk back to TTA enjoying this culinary delight :) and jump on the Monorail to Epcot.

Chasin' Tail

Original Poster
Since I wasn't going into any of the parks I figured the closest thing would be to ride the Monorail through Epoct. I don't know why but I've always loved the ponds/waterways of Future World. I would get a great view from up there.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom