Trip Report One Little Spark *COMPLETED*

One little spark of inspiration
Is at the heart of all creation
A dream can be
A dream come true
With just that spark
In me and you

One little spark ignited a relationship that is currently four decades long.

One little spark inspired a surprise (and very last-minute) birthday trip to WDW.

One little spark made a dream come true.

Who: Tuvalu and Woody
When: February 8-12, 2023
Where: Disney’s Pop Century Resort

5B45C9D4-008E-4CA0-9B34-3AF235464925.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
A new Tuvalu TR? Sign me up!

Done!

Missed you by a week! Happy Birthday!
The Office Jim GIF
Can’t believe I missed you by just a few days… AGAIN!

Alas. I will have to just enjoy the virtual Tuvalu experience. Happy birthday!
So Close GIF by Call Me Kat

If it's a cone or something whatever I am here for it :inlove: .. having major Disney blues and I might need the Magicians for help.. need to plan my first WDW trip in 2024 and I'm already freaking out :d
Dance Dancing GIF by The Masked Singer UK & The Masked Dancer UK

No need to freak out, we’re all here to help you plan!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Say What Tv Land GIF by #Impastor

I was going to say hope you had a great birthday but you were at Disney.....can't wait to hear how it all went!!
Excited Happy Birthday GIF by Mickey Mouse

I made it! Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday! Can't wait to read how you celebrated :)
Celebrating a birthday at WDW, there cannot be any better place. Happy Birthday and looking forward to this new report.
Happy Birthday!!!

season 1 nature's pants GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Backstory

The month of January had been difficult. The sudden, unexpected loss of a close friend and some health challenges had turned me into….

inside out disney GIF

Naturally Woody was concerned. He knew my upcoming birthday might add to the downward spiral, as birthdays tend to do as we age. He thought a little Disney magic might perk me up. Years ago we had done a last minute trip with absolutely no planning which turned out to be one of our favorite vacations.

Could we do it again? A quick getaway with no plans and a go with the flow attitude? And have it be a surprise?

Woody soon learned that the “new” Disney doesn’t favor spur-of-the-moment trips. Inventory at the resorts was nil, except for rooms that cost four figures per night!! He knew I would freak at those prices, negating the whole purpose of a stress-free getaway. After playing around with multiple date combinations, a room popped up at Pop. The trip would need to be before my actual birthday.

If you saw @MinnieM123 ’s post above, you know I am a Valentine baby and today is the day.

C50F8FFC-DF6F-469E-A353-9097359F2C6B.jpeg

So thanks for all the early birthday wishes. Each one made me smile.

And — spoiler alert — this is my current state of mind.

inside out lol GIF by Disney Pixar

Adventure

The Backstory

The month of January had been difficult. The sudden, unexpected loss of a close friend and some health challenges had turned me into….

inside out disney GIF

Naturally Woody was concerned. He knew my upcoming birthday might add to the downward spiral, as birthdays tend to do as we age. He thought a little Disney magic might perk me up. Years ago we had done a last minute trip with absolutely no planning which turned out to be one of our favorite vacations.

Could we do it again? A quick getaway with no plans and a go with the flow attitude? And have it be a surprise?

Woody soon learned that the “new” Disney doesn’t favor spur-of-the-moment trips. Inventory at the resorts was nil, except for rooms that cost four figures per night!! He knew I would freak at those prices, negating the whole purpose of a stress-free getaway. After playing around with multiple date combinations, a room popped up at Pop. The trip would need to be before my actual birthday.

If you saw @MinnieM123 ’s post above, you know I am a Valentine baby and today is the day.

View attachment 698275

So thanks for all the early birthday wishes. Each one made me smile.

And — spoiler alert — this is my current state of mind.

inside out lol GIF by Disney Pixar
So in your throwback photo it looks like you were a Disney can from the start. I'm just going to assume that you are holding a boat that looks like the one from "Steamboat Willie"! Happy Birthday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom