One kitten or two?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Ok I'm getting them both

I just sent the deposit.
It will likely still be a few weeks .
Here are the photos I s she sent me today.

Now I am trying to come up with some cute names. I of course won't decide on any until I meet them but what do you think of these or do you have any others ideas...
Aulani and Kalua
Bailey and Kahlua
Pixie and....?
The obvious Anna and Elsa haha
London and Paris
I'm so glad you're taking them both. Runts need a buddy.

I've had two cats who were perfectly happy to be "only cats". One of which was our first cat, a stray that we took in, a beautiful Angora who we think was abandoned; she adopted us. After several months, she had a litter of four kittens, two of which we kept and she really never cared about them after they were weaned. She definitely would have preferred to be an only cat. That said, my mom adopted the runt of the litter plus his sister (there were three boys, one girl) and they were quite happy together for about 15 years. The mom cat tolerated one of the two offspring who stayed with us, and actively did not like the other one. And they didn't even like each other much, even though they were brothers.

Our current feline resident came along after the mom cat passed away, and he never really got along with the two "offspring". Those cats both passed away at 19 and 20, never cuddled up together, and the current fella is quite happy on his own.

All of that just to say, some cats do better on their own. :)

I kind of like Bailey and Kahlua. London & Paris is clever, but not quite cat names. Pixie and Dixie takes me back to Saturday morning cartoons.

Wishing you and them many happy years together.

RememberWhen

Soooo cute!!!!!

I asked the kids for ideas of sister names. Here’s what we came up with:
Lilo and Nani
Anastasia and Drizella
Winifred, Sarah and Mary (kids thought you should get three)

So excited for you!

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Soooo cute!!!!!

I asked the kids for ideas of sister names. Here’s what we came up with:
Lilo and Nani
Anastasia and Drizella
Winifred, Sarah and Mary (kids thought you should get three)

So excited for you!

Can't do the first pairing because my BFF 's cats name is Noni.

My sister suggested the second pairing nut I just can't do it l9l.

RememberWhen

Can't do the first pairing because my BFF 's cats name is Noni.

My sister suggested the second pairing nut I just can't do it l9l.
Fair enough! You have to find the right names. Our cats are Pumpkin and Ghostie. We adopted them as kittens in October, and those are the things my then 4yo son could see out the window as we drove home.

7C80FD45-2582-4603-8E28-3B0DF94F4A45.jpeg
Pumpkin is the tortie. Ghostie is the orange one. 🤷‍♀️

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I kind of like Bailey and Kahlua. London & Paris is clever, but not quite cat names. Pixie and Dixie takes me back to Saturday morning cartoons.

Pixie and Dixie sound cute but I'm trying not to do rhyming or similar sounding names because I don't want them to get consufed as to which one I'm talking to.
I like London and Paris because I think they sound cute together but don't sound similar.
I'd say my top choice is Aulani and Kalua followed by Bailey and Kahlua :)
My sister said Pixie and Tinker... thoughts?
I also really like the names Galaxy, Phoenix, Seneca, Sasha, and Flurry.
Pixie and Seneca or Pixie and Sasha? hmm
Of course no decisions will be made until I meet them. Maybe their personality will end up naming them something else entirely lol.

RememberWhen

Pixie and Dixie sound cute but I'm trying not to do rhyming or similar sounding names because I don't want them to get consufed as to which one I'm talking to.
I like London and Paris because I think they sound cute together but don't sound similar.
I'd say my top choice is Aulani and Kalua followed by Bailey and Kahlua :)
My sister said Pixie and Tinker... thoughts?
I also really like the names Galaxy, Phoenix, Seneca, Sasha, and Flurry.
Pixie and Seneca or Pixie and Sasha? hmm
Of course no decisions will be made until I meet them. Maybe their personality will end up naming them something else entirely lol.
My kids said Pixie and Tink too! I think there was a movie where Tinkerbell has a sister, but I can’t remember.

You’ve got lots of good choices. I tend to go with 2 syllables for pet names, not intentionally, it just seems to be my habit. I think my kids’ names actually follow that pattern too… hmm.

You should have them in a couple weeks? I can’t wait to hear what you decide on!

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
My kids said Pixie and Tink too! I think there was a movie where Tinkerbell has a sister, but I can’t remember.

You’ve got lots of good choices. I tend to go with 2 syllables for pet names, not intentionally, it just seems to be my habit. I think my kids’ names actually follow that pattern too… hmm.

You should have them in a couple weeks? I can’t wait to hear what you decide on!
Yeah my previous cats have been 2-3 syllables.
I won't do more or less than that because it just doesn't flow imo

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
That's the right call. I read an article a while back that said cats don't really know their names but they get to recognize that certain sounds mean themselves, especially the last syllable, so it's important that they have different sounding ends to their names. Our cats have been Duchess, Scooter, Bandit and Rascal.

I only mentioned Pixie and Dixie because they were a pair of cartoon mice in a Saturday morning show from when I was a kid (long before you were even born ;)) and they popped into my head when you mentioned Pixie! Tink or Tinker is a much better pairing for a cat named Pixie. Because calling one Dust would be rude. 🤪 You have a lot of good ideas! I'm still partial to Bailey and Kahlua. 😁
Absolutely the best course of action. When we adopted our first (stray) shortly after buying our house, it took me two months of watching her to come up with her name. She was very regal looking, but I also knew that Princess was not the right fit, because she was a bit of a tomboy as well. Duchess suited her perfectly, and it took me many more months after that to realize that I'd given her a Disney name!

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Got and update today that the bigger one is only 2oz away from a healthy weight but the little one still has 14oz to go!
Prior to this she had not told me exactly how little the runt was so I had thought I'd be getting them around Memorial Day because she really hadn't made it seem like it was that much underweight.
So I asked for an estimated timeline just so I could better prepare myself for the wait.
She's thinking by mid June.
Of course I want them to be healthy so its fine.
At least now I'm not going to think every day that she is going to be telling me I can come get them.
I have some farming things to do between now and then that will keep me busy. :)

RememberWhen

Got and update today that the bigger one is only 2oz away from a healthy weight but the little one still has 14oz to go!
Prior to this she had not told me exactly how little the runt was so I had thought I'd be getting them around Memorial Day because she really hadn't made it seem like it was that much underweight.
So I asked for an estimated timeline just so I could better prepare myself for the wait.
She's thinking by mid June.
Of course I want them to be healthy so its fine.
At least now I'm not going to think every day that she is going to be telling me I can come get them.
I have some farming things to do between now and then that will keep me busy. :)
Waiting is so hard, but I know it’ll be worth it!

Diamond Dot

I subscribe to Tiny Kittens HQ on YouTube and Shelly always adopts her rescues out in pairs for companionship.

My beloved boy, Captain Jack, passed unexpectedly three years ago, his brother Jiji was bereft, but, he won't tolerate another cat, however, he's a Mummy's boy and loves cuddles, putting his front legs around my neck.

Adopt, don't shop.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Quick question for the cat folks.
The breeder weaned them from mother to wet food to dry for.
She apparently doesn't think kitten dry food is necessay....
The runt has been coughing, sneezing, and stuffy since I picked them up and the bigger one has had some bad gas and loose stool.
Everything I've read says kittens NEED kitten food.
I bought some tonight and I'm thinking about m8xing half abs half and transitioning yo kitten food.
I'm taking the runt on Monday to make sure she is OK. They aren't due for booster shot appt until the end of the month.
I will of course give all info to the vet but what do you think? Transition to the kitten foid?

RememberWhen

Our vet would definitely have kittens that young on kitten food. They’ve given us recommendations on brands and we’ve gone with what they suggested with no issues, except they would prefer the cats only get wet food and we like to give them some dry too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom