One day with a first timer!

CP_alum08

Original Poster
I recently had the great pleasure of going to the World with a first timer! She was there for three days, sadly I was only with her for one, but it got me thinking. If you had one day to spend at WDW with a first timer, what would you do?

Would you spend the entire day at MK running around cramming everything in that you could? Would you slow your pace and enjoy the ambiance and a few select attractions?

Would you park hop like crazy and spend a few hours in each park so that they could get a taste of everything? -not a literal taste :lol:

MWC

I've been luck enough to go with a few adults, my 3 daughters, and a neice on each of their first trips to Disney World. On each occasion we spent the entire day at the Magic Kingdom. For me it's the only place you can go for a first timer. It's the most magical of the parks for me. I typically want to do as much as can when I go but it really depends on who you are taking. With kids we had to take it slower at fist as they were a little overwhelmed. They are seeing so any things for the first time they are almost in awe and don't know what to do. Later on in the day they were dragging us around wanting to keep doing MORE MORE MORE!!!!

With the adults we hit the hightlights like the Mountains, Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, ect and took our time soaking up everything.

For me the only place to go for a first timer is Magic Kingdom. There is just no other place on earth like it.

luv

I always ask people what they want to do and then plan accordingly.

I ask, "Do you want to run around like a lunatic with no time to rest and push yourself to near exhaustion...or do you want to chill out, not ride a lot of rides and just soak it all in?" the response leads to more discussion, but I get a good idea right from the get-go. :)

With kids, I really try to get as much in as I can.

Jenna

Ahh I would struggle with keeping it to one park as there's so much to see and do but I'd have to pick MK. There's NOTHING like walking 'right down the middle of main street USA' and seeing the castle for the first time <3 Magic.

I'd probably keep quite a relaxed pace but I find you can see the majority of the park in a day if you arrive for opening.

JIMINYCR

First timer and one day limit, I would take them to MK. The plan would be to hit the major rides, take in a parade, treat them to mickey snacks, eat dinner at a restaurant in the park, finish off with Wishes. Get them hooked on loving Disney so they are thinking about all the other marvelous possibilities in store for their next trip. Once we got home I would show them my DVD's that feature all the other parks and entertainments available. Let the magic work it's power.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom