Onboarding/Orientation!

ShaynaLace

Original Poster
So, about a week or two ago I finally received that offer email I was waiting for! My Onboarding starts on June 8th, and Traditions is the 13th. I've found someone to take over our lease, AND buy the couch. Now just need to sell everything else. We drive from Houston to Birmingham on May 30th, drop my daughter with the in laws on the farm for summer vacation, and then drive down to Orlando. Just going to stay in an Extended Stay until we get a feel for the area, before we rent.

Does anyone know of any within a fair distance for an out of towner not familiar with the area that comes recommended?

Anyone else heading to traditions on the same day??

Can't wait!!

ShaynaLace

Original Poster
Congrats!

There are rentable condos (used by a lot of UK vacationers) on 192 going West towards Clermont. I would look into those.

I will try to find those! Do you know if those have a deposit? We are trying to get away from that for a few months until my husband leaves for his new job. Those apartments I was looking into wanted 1 month deposit, and 2 months up front. That's close to $6,000! But an extended stay is looking like $1,300... all utilities included, no deposits for the place, OR for the utility companies.

You wouldn't happen to have a link, would you?

ShaynaLace

Original Poster
Not sure on deposits. I asked around and this is the link some friends in the area used to rent by the month:

http://www.ownerdirect.com/condo-rentals/kissimmee

That is fantastic! Thank you for going out of your way to do that!

2 weeks until we move down... and my inbox was flooded this morning with all of the "Onboarding/traditions/hub log on" emails. What a wonderful thing to wake up to! Getting antsy over here!

biomegaceu

How long did it take for you to get the email? I had my interview May 7th and they said they would email me offer email and I haven'y gotten it yet. Was wondering how long I should expect it to be until I get it.

ShaynaLace

Original Poster
How long did it take for you to get the email? I had my interview May 7th and they said they would email me offer email and I haven'y gotten it yet. Was wondering how long I should expect it to be until I get it.

Hmm... Gimme a sec... I'll make a little timeline. Lol!

March 13th- I applied for the position
March 13th- Recieved and completed Web Based Interview
March 13th- Recieved an email invitation do schedule an interview
March 17th- Interview #1 (the 'business' interview) in person (Drove 1,000 miles). Was told to expect a phone call for interview #2. Drove back to my in-laws before we drove home.
March 27th- Got the phone call they were ready to see me for Interview #2 (the 'technical' interview).
March 31st- Interview #2 (Flew down)
April 6th- Got the phone call that I got the job!! (I cried... hard. I couldn't believe it. No shame in my cry game. Lol)
April 27th- Got the 'Offer/Tentative Start/Wait for more information' phone call
May 9th- Offer letter came through email
May 14th- a HUGE batch of emails came through will all of the 'paperwork to be done/starting information/official on boarding date' information.

My husband is deploying a week sooner than we thought... so I will make it to Orlando sooner than expected, but that is ok! Gives me time to be a tourist, one last time. :)

biomegaceu

Wow, thank you so much for all the info. I've been an anxious wreck waiting for this email to come. The lady who interviewed me told me I would probably have traditions on June 2nd, but it's coming up pretty quick with no email. So I guess I shall wait and see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom