Onboard booking ?

tmitch

Original Poster
Hello all, if I book a room for a future cruise today, as I see the supply is limited, can I rebook the same room on our cruise in 6 weeks? I figured the room would show as unavailable but didn't know if the agent would be able to work something up. Thanks in advance

Tom

Beta Return
It's free to ask. Just go down to the desk and see what they have. A cruise 6 weeks from now is likely booked though.

lostpro9het

I think I get what the OP is saying.
A) they are already booked for a cruise in 6 weeks
B) they want to book another cruise now that takes place after the cruise they are planning on taking in 6 weeks.
C) they want to know if they can rebook the second cruise while they are on the initial cruise that takes place in 6 weeks.

To answer the question I believe you are asking. I don't think you want to rebook since onboard booking deals and discounts only apply to new bookings. BUT. You could book a new room on the cruise you want while onboard to receive the discounts and credits then cancel the original room you booked afterwards.

tmitch

Original Poster
Sorry that was worded improperly. We are cruising in about 6 weeks. I have seen a cruise in 2017 that we'd like to take that has limited room s left. If I reserve one of those rooms now, can we cancel it while onboard and re book with the onboard discount, or will it (like I assume) show as unavailable as cancellations take a couple days to show up.

I think I can help! We cruised in April, and also had a cruise for May 2017 already booked prior to the cruise. We went to the desk and were able to "rebook" the 2017 cruise and receive the discount and onboard credit! The gentleman who helped us canceled our existing reservation, then rebooked in the same room. We did have to pay a new deposit though (so be prepared for that) and then the previous deposit was refunded to us within a few business days. We ended up in the same stateroom but with a new confirmation number. Hope this helps!

ChuckElias

We cruised in April, and also had a cruise for May 2017 already booked prior to the cruise. We went to the desk and were able to "rebook" the 2017 cruise and receive the discount and onboard credit! The gentleman who helped us canceled our existing reservation, then rebooked in the same room.
If you decide to do this, just make sure the price hasn't gone up dramatically since you made the original reservation. DCL pricing isn't static. Prices generally rise as inventory gets more scarce. So, yes, you'll get the onboard discount and the OBC; but if the price has gone up since you originally booked, you might not necessarily be getting a better deal.

I would expect the booking agent on the ship to make you aware of the difference in pricing, but just in case you weren't sure of how it worked, I thought I'd just mention it.

Very true! For us, it was a better deal to rebook and saved us almost $500. But agreed, if prices have gone up it may not be worth it. The agent we had went over what our current total was and what the new total would be before making any changes.

mikenatcity1

I think I can help! We cruised in April, and also had a cruise for May 2017 already booked prior to the cruise. We went to the desk and were able to "rebook" the 2017 cruise and receive the discount and onboard credit! The gentleman who helped us canceled our existing reservation, then rebooked in the same room. We did have to pay a new deposit though (so be prepared for that) and then the previous deposit was refunded to us within a few business days. We ended up in the same stateroom but with a new confirmation number. Hope this helps!

wow! I didn't know you could do that! I may try that :) There is a cruise next year we want and are willing to try to get the discount but don't go on our cruise for a few weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom