On or Off Property?

mhead

On property - no doubt about it. I have done both and without a doubt on property is better. no parking worries and you never have to crank your vehicle till you leave. well worth the little extra money - of course i have an AP so i get great rates too! in fact that was the main reason i bought the AP.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Every summer my family and I go to Daytona Beach for 10 days. We stay at a very nice hotel. During that time we will go over to the Magic Kingdom for the day (only 1 hr away) AND I always feel left out. The only thing that pacifies me is the fact that I'll be back in December for a week staying on property experiencing the full capacity of disney magic!!!

Upvote 0

dliddi

on property, I have never stayed off and never will, I like knowing the only thing I have to worry about is what park are we going to and we're are we going to eat every thing else is taken care of.

Upvote 0

RickEff

Original Poster
Well - this is kind of how I thought this would go.:lol:

As someone earlier in the thread pointed out, asking this question of a bunch of Disney-holics probably skews the results but then where else could I find a bunch of people interested in answering the question? :)

As for me - my first couple of experiences at WDW were staying off property. It wasn't until about 4 years ago that I first stayed at one of the on-site resorts. It was Coronado Springs. Since then, every time I go back (it's been at least 8 times since) I only stay on property. I've found getting the Annual Pass really pays for itself - it makes the properties on-site about the same price as off property - and you don't really need a car then so you actually save money!

I agree with everyone that's posted here about the "magic" feeling. I encourage anyone who hasn't stayed on property to do so - even for a part of their next vacation to see what we all mean! There are almost always deals out there if you plan ahead.

Thanks for answering, folks!

Rick

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom