On or Off Property?

LivefortheMouse

I am only 23 years old and ive made over 150 trips to Disney (each trip we usually stay between 3 to 4 days)so u can say Disney world is my second home. Ive stayed in all sorts of hotels as u can imagine,But nothing compares to the feeling u get when u stay at a Disney Resort. Disney resorts are wonderful they pamper u like crazy and of course since disney resorts r ran by humans they make there little errors here and there theyve only made one with else but boy did they fix it they could not find a way to tell us how sorry they were. Ive been to every moderate and value resot at Disney so one mistake in all the times ive been there is great(it was an inosent mistake to). Though u might spend more money at a Disney resort i totally recomend u atleast try it once once u do u will never be able to stay any where else that aint Disney. I recomend every resort oviously the more u spend the better tehy get but every resort is unique in its own special way even the value ones ull love ur stay at Disney resorts .

My First trip to Disney was in 1980

Upvote 0

Fossil

I stayed in Disney once, and I have to tell you it's the best. The feeling you get when u stay there is awesome, you feel like Disney World is a separate world and that everything around the "world" is another planet. The reason I have only stayed once is because my mom's best friend lives in windmere, which is around Disney. So there's no need for my family and me to spend money on a Disney resort, even though we get it really cheap (mom's best friend's husband is the manager for one of the restuarants in The All-Star Movie) Next time I am going to stay in Disney...WL or AKL, hopefully!:D :hammer:

Upvote 0

JonnyK

On Property, Alot of Hotels... many things like downtown.. everything thats disney related - One thing.. That's where the Magic Begins :animwink:

Upvote 0

tomman710

You have to stay on property, there is just no comparison. Everyone is talking about the magic and that's exactly right, it's like total immersion in all things Disney and you truly just get away from it all. I am going in December and I found 2-3 bedroom condos to rent about 3-4 miles away from Disney for around 60-70 a night but instead I am going to pay around 120-130 for a small hotel room but it's in a Disney hotel and it's totally worth it.

Upvote 0

Disneynut

On property is the only way to go. You have a hassle free vacation (no driving). You feel like you a part of the magic 24 hours a day. And there is nothing a quick stop at your room to refresh and renew yourself.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

I love to see the response to a question like this on a Disney fan based board. But I do agree... stay on property. Hmmmm... 9 to 0 in favor so far. :lol:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Yeah, when I was a kid we stayed with family. But since my husband and I got married we have stayed on property. I would rather stay at an All Star than a Hilton that was even a few miles down the road! Its strictly "being at Disney 24 hrs a day!" so worth the magic, esp. when you can get great rates at mousesavers!

Upvote 0
I would not even consider staying off property. Unless I won a free stay somewhere then I would have to think about it. There is nothing more magical about staying on property. The hotels reflect the Disney name as well as the parks. They are beautiful, convenient, and I know I will have a great stay:slurp:

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Well I guess I'm the only person who says off property so far.

Basically I see the hotel as a place to crash at the end of the day and a place to wash before going out in the morning.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Originally posted by Catch 22
Well I guess I'm the only person who says off property so far.

Basically I see the hotel as a place to crash at the end of the day and a place to wash before going out in the morning.

I think you pinpointed the difference and didn't realize it. A hotel is just that, but a Resort is that and so much more. So it really comes down to how much escapism you look for on a vacation. Do you want to feel like you are visiting a far off magical place 24-7. Or do you want to just visit the magic for a while each day and then return to typical everyday-isms each night.

Not knocking your choice, just trying to differeniate the different ways that people choose to vacation. If the place you sleep will do nothing more than that then I see your point. To me, a part of the fun is vacationing at your resort, seeing the unique features and trying the food if you are at a deluxe or moderate.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well also Catch 22 is from the UK so he probably doesnt get all the great deals we here in the states do. If I had to pay the full price for All Star and could stay somewhere else for 50% less than yes, as much money as it costs them to come over I probably would save that money, also because he might be staying for longer periods when he gets here (2 weeks instead of 5-7days would really add up)

But we have always managed to get some deal and pay a fair price for the resorts, although we to only sleep/shower/dress in the rooms as well, ok we occasionally have the early breakfast of cereal/rolls etc in the room as well to save money. But again being here in the states its probably far easier for us to haul that stuff down w/us than it is to haul it across the world.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Well, the essense is resort vs. Hotel. People go on vacations other places just to visit a Resort. i view Disney resorts the same way. I pay the extra to visit the resort cause it is part of my vacation. I'm just saying if you are going to just visit the parks, then outside is fine, but if you are going to visit WDW, then you are really missing out by not staying 24-7. I do this at universal, I stay outside and just visit the parks. Again, i hope I am not coming across incorrectly. But the whole hotel vs. Resort Vacation seems to be the key imho.

Upvote 0

RAZORBRAD

we stayed off property for a long time, but the first time we stayed on property made up our minds forever. Being on property is so much easier and moe convienient. it is 100% worth the extra money.

Upvote 0

paperboy

On Campus...No Question!

There's no other place like it!!!:animwink:

After my DS was born, I had complications..(I broke my pelvic bone during delivery!) Anyway, my husband had been downsized at his job and I truly couldn't move..so working was out for me too. I lived with family for awhile and my husband went into training for computers (he had always been a computer geek..a term of endearment!) While getting his MCSE, he worked two jobs just to barely stay afloat..times were tough. When we got that tax refund..600 we decided to ditch the baby and get refreshed it was our 2nd anniversary. It was the first time my husband and I had stayed on campus. After that ..we were hooked. It was the best gift we could have given ourselves. We got back and my DH got a job offer that doubled his salary and he loves it!

This past Christmas, he had been working soo hard I decided to surpise him, ditch our now two kids, and take him back. We went in Jan 2003 and again, we were in heaven!

We are now going back in October for our 3rd time on campus and for the first time, we are bringing our 2yo, 1yo and DM who has never been to Disney Ever! We are also meeting BIL and his 1yo who we have never seen! This too will be an amazing trip!

We vow not only to go to disney every year, but always stay on campus...it is the most magical expirience you could share!

Paperboy's Wife:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

My first 2 trips to WDW were spent staying at the Hotel Royal Plaza, very nice hotel. Trip #3 we got a great rate at the Poly, this was 1993. Since then we have only stayed at a Disney owned/operated resort. Walking past a restaurant with a character breakfast in full swing is an awesome way to start your day. When my friend went for the first time, I told her to make sure and get a wake up call. When they returned she said, "oh I just set the alarm clock". I was mortified. Two years later when we travelled together to WDW, I arranged a wake up calll. Needless to say, she's never used the alarm clock again. Where else can you have Mickey call you just to wake you up! This is just part of the reason we will never stay off property.

Upvote 0

RPMdfw

I think a lot of it depends on the group you're with. When my family went in March a vacation home rental was ideal for us. (7 adults over 30). It suited our needs perfectly as we wanted a place where we could all congregate to talk and eat meals. We also ate meals there a few times. All for $129 a night plus tax. For that amount on property we could have had one room for two people at a value resort or maybe a moderate. We'd have needed 4 such rooms, so it didn't fit our needs. The condo was close enough to WDW that we didn't feel like we were missing the magic, but far enough away, that when it became overpowering we were able to go "home" and recoup a bit.

On the other hand, when I go next week, I'm going solo and meeting friends for the festivities on June 7th. I'll be doing a lot more on property, so staying at CBR makes much more sense.

Like I said, I think a lot depends on who's involved and what the plans are . . .

Only 4 Days 19 Hrs 4 Mins 33 Secs left to go!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom