On-Line Resort Check In: Is it helpful?

We're leaving for the world in 8 days and I have never used the on-line check in. We are arriving late (won't get to the resort till probably 9:30 or 10pm) and I am wondering if it would be helpful or useful to use this feature? We also have a request in. Should we just deal with the cast member as to have a better shot at getting our request? Thanks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The only thing on line check in will do is possibly save you some time at check in. With such a late arrival I doubt it will save you much in the way of time. Either way using or not using online check in should not have any effect on your requests. If you requests are not honored you can still have them revised even if you use online check in.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

If you are an experienced WDW visitor, I highly recommend online checkin as all of your materials will be ready for you when you arrive; otherwise the CM needs to create your room keys, setup theme park tickets, setup the charging privileges, ask you about parking for your car, etc, etc.

I've had times where the Key to the World machine has made me wait more than 20 minutes for them to get everything correct - with the online checkin this is already done before you get there.

Upvote 0

Master Gracey 5

I used it on my last trip and will definitely use it in the future. Its the quickest way to get to your room and given how late you arrive, I'm sure you'll be ready to head to bed as soon as you can. I wouldn't worry about a special request, if it can be done then it will be already be taken care of, if not you can always ask again when you arrive.

Upvote 0

fosse76

If you are an experienced WDW visitor, I highly recommend online checkin as all of your materials will be ready for you when you arrive; otherwise the CM needs to create your room keys, setup theme park tickets, setup the charging privileges, ask you about parking for your car, etc, etc.

I've had times where the Key to the World machine has made me wait more than 20 minutes for them to get everything correct - with the online checkin this is already done before you get there.

And I've had times where the online check-in line is longer than the regular check-in line, negating the benefits. The first time I ever did online check-in, there was a long line for the regular check-in and I was the only one for online check-in. The regular line was GONE before I was finished. I was not happy.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

At that time of day, it probably won't matter which route you take. I like the online check in if I know I am going to be arriving at a peak time since I don't have to worry about learning the ins and outs of the resort. I already know where the pool, bus stop, etc is so I just need my keys and folder so I can move on.

Upvote 0

Korfar

We used it for the first time last year and we arrived later in the day as well. There were 2 lines at POP. One for online check in and one for regular. Our problem was no CM's were at the online side so we had to wait for the regular check in people anyway. So no time saved for us. I think we will use it again this year since we are arriving earlier in the day and hopefully there will be someone at the online check in spot.

Upvote 0

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I used it last trip and will use it again this year. Even if you have to wait with the other line, just not having to get the Cast Member to enter all the names of your party while waiting makes it the best choice for me.

Upvote 0

Courtney1188

It helped me a ton at Pop last week, I would of been in line forever doing normal check-in, but I was the only one there for online and I was good to go in less than a minute!

Upvote 0

DisneyGAL4Life

You have nothing to lose by doing online check in. The online check in line moves much faster than the regular check in. If the regular line is non-existent, then the cast members who are working the regular line will help you. Sometimes they combine the lines later in the evening, but it has saved us lots of time in the past. Last September we were checking into All Star Sports, and there were approx 30-45 folks checking in in the regular line. We were fourth in the online check-in line.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I found online check in to be very convenient when we used it in Sept. Everything was ready for us when we arrived and we were on our way to our room within 5 minutes! We arrived at the resort about 930p and there were quite a few people who arrived with up on ME that did not use online check in and they were no where near the front of the line and we were already done! Needless to say, we will be using online check in again come December when we check into AKL!!!

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

Love it! By the time we get to our resort, I just want to grab that package and run. We walked into the Wilderness Lodge to the on-line check in line, was handed our package and was on our way. For those of us who have been to WDW enough times and don't need the help, it frees up the desk people for those who do.

Upvote 0

mjmyers10

We used our online check in for both our resorts last summer. I let them know we would be arriving early in the morning and when we got there, our room was ready. Not sure if it was a coincidence, but we're doing it again for our trip this week. I'll let you know if it helps again.

Upvote 0

FatBoy976

I had an awesome experience using online check-in. I had requested (online) to be near transportation at the All-Star Music. When we got to the hotel, the regular line was full of people. I got in the online check-in line, and a manager came right over, gave me my room keys, and informed me that we were not only in the preferred building, but had also been upgraded to a suite! I was not in the lobby for more than 5 minutes. There's no reason to not use online check-in.

Upvote 0

StingraySam

We used online checkin on our last visit to Carribean Beach. The only problem I had with it was at 1 o'clock in the afternoon only one person was working this area and someone several parties in front of us must have had a problem with their reservation because it took them about 15-20 minutes to complete their checkin and I am not sure how long it actually took this person because they were being helped when we got in line. Once this person was done however the line moved quite quickly. It took less time for the three parties in front of me to complete their checkin process then it did for the person I previously mentioned. Regardless of the minor delay I will definately use online checkin on future visits and would recommend to others if they are familar with the resort that they should at least give it try. As others have stated even if you have changes or additional request they can be accomadated either during your checkin or a quick visit to the concierge desk can be very helpful as well.

Upvote 0

corey154

Online is great and it's all I use now, but I think people who are familar with Disney should use it, not those that have alot of questions. Last August my family did a weekend trip to Animal Kingdom Lodge and the family in front of me took so long asking questions and having everything explained to them that it would have been quicker to do regular check-in, I was so mad to watch people come and go out of regular check in while I stood there for 20-30 minutes behind these people waiting. And there was only one line for on-line check in so I was stuck....:brick:

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

I really liked using it. It was fast and easy, especially when a ME bus pulled up right as we were checking in. I turned around and the regular check in line was way long. It made me feel so good because I felt like I had used my first fastpass on the trip!! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Our last trip, I wasn't sure if I should do it or not, too. But I was so glad I did!:) We were supposed to arrive at Orlando by 6:30 PM. Because of flight delays, and then waiting for the ME to "take off" we didn't make it to the resort until 10:30 PM. We were all STARVING by the time we got there. And even though there wasn't a long line at any window, it was a real time saver that all the keys were already printed, and everything ready to go, so we could go eat. By the way, also found out that Sassagoula only has a few windows to get dinner food open that late in the evening!

Now that said, I have to admit, this program strikes me as being for seasoned Disney travelers. If you aren't familar with Disney, or a little unsure about the resort you are staying at, you might want to consider bypassing early check-in.

Whatever you decide, have fun!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom