Trip Report On a quest for the National Title.... ?

We are on our way to WDW for the 2013 National Pop Warner Cheerleading Championships. Pop Warner is a Youth football and Cheerleading organization run by volunteers. I am the proud director of a program from North Carolina and we have 3 squads attending this year ages 8-10, 10-12 and 12-15
I was not sure if I should do a trip report this time.... (I am a post as you go poster) because this trip is less about Mickey and more about the kids. I am not sure if anyone will read, but I wanted to document this wonderful experience, and hopefully I can give some insight if anyone has any questions about what is going on with the thousands of kids and teens about to hit WDW in the next 48 hours.
My daughter has been a Pop Warner Cheerleader since she was 5 she will be aging out this year. She is very excited and at the same time sad because this will be the last time she will be able to perform at this amazing competition. Our organization has been attending for the past 9 years, and we have won 2 National titles in the past 2 years. Can we make it 3????
Our group is staying at the All Star Music... We plan to arrive later tonight and begin checking in the other families in the morning. I want to go ahead and say as a director I am very strict about the curfews and kids being properly chaperoned at all times.
What will we do while we are here....
Tomorrow check in day..... Sunday dress rehearsal team 1.... Monday competition team 1.... Tuesday check in Team 2 and 3 Wednesday dress rehearsal team 2 and 3 Thursday Competition team 2 and 3 Live 5:00 on Espn 3.. Friday and Saturday... relax and see Mickey....
Like I said not a lot of Mickey time... WE will go in the early mornings and in the evening. Thank you for reading will post again soon!!!

My wdw friends I apologize you have not heard from me in a while... I have been working so hard to get these kids ready for this competition..... Miss talking to you......
@figmentfan423 @GSP Guy @coachwnh

coachwnh

We are on our way to WDW for the 2013 National Pop Warner Cheerleading Championships. Pop Warner is a Youth football and Cheerleading organization run by volunteers. I am the proud director of a program from North Carolina and we have 3 squads attending this year ages 8-10, 10-12 and 12-15
I was not sure if I should do a trip report this time.... (I am a post as you go poster) because this trip is less about Mickey and more about the kids. I am not sure if anyone will read, but I wanted to document this wonderful experience, and hopefully I can give some insight if anyone has any questions about what is going on with the thousands of kids and teens about to hit WDW in the next 48 hours.
My daughter has been a Pop Warner Cheerleader since she was 5 she will be aging out this year. She is very excited and at the same time sad because this will be the last time she will be able to perform at this amazing competition. Our organization has been attending for the past 9 years, and we have won 2 National titles in the past 2 years. Can we make it 3????
Our group is staying at the All Star Music... We plan to arrive later tonight and begin checking in the other families in the morning. I want to go ahead and say as a director I am very strict about the curfews and kids being properly chaperoned at all times.
What will we do while we are here....
Tomorrow check in day..... Sunday dress rehearsal team 1.... Monday competition team 1.... Tuesday check in Team 2 and 3 Wednesday dress rehearsal team 2 and 3 Thursday Competition team 2 and 3 Live 5:00 on Espn 3.. Friday and Saturday... relax and see Mickey....
Like I said not a lot of Mickey time... WE will go in the early mornings and in the evening. Thank you for reading will post again soon!!!

My wdw friends I apologize you have not heard from me in a while... I have been working so hard to get these kids ready for this competition..... Miss talking to you......
@figmentfan423 @GSP Guy @coachwnh
Thanks for tagging me in. I figured you have been busy. We just got back from WDW on Monday. Hope you have a magical and successful trip!

disneysince71

Original Poster
A great day today ended with a trip over to the Magic Kingdom.... The Christmas parade was taped today so it was packed. But it was nice... Was with a few of my girls who had only been to Disney once and they were very excited to be there.... a great day! Competition stuff starts tomorrow!

Figgy1

Premium Member
First off I MISS YOU and your lovely family sooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck, I know you worked so hard and deserve to win. Thnx for tagging me and I'll check In every day to see how you're doing and say a prayer or 2 for your teams. Hope Thanksgiving went well and may you have a blessed and joyous Christmas. Now go and have fun for all of us stuck in, in the snow and ice. xoxo ps. James says hi to Nick and he's wishing him a very Perry Christmas.

disneysince71

Original Poster
On our way back from Nationals!!! Great News.... We won 2 National Titles and the hightest score for all Level 4 teams.... It was an amazing week.... Did not have much time to enjoy Disney but we did enjoy being there. It was amazing for our kids, coaches, and as the Cheer Director and it was a dream come true. Feeling blessed!
We are scheduled to go back the day after Christmas and stay at the Swan and Dolphin... I should have a lot more time to blog about it then... :)

@figmentfan423- Nick says hi! We miss you!

disneysince71

Original Poster
image.jpg
image.jpg

GSP Guy

On our way back from Nationals!!! Great News.... We won 2 National Titles and the hightest score for all Level 4 teams.... It was an amazing week.... Did not have much time to enjoy Disney but we did enjoy being there. It was amazing for our kids, coaches, and as the Cheer Director and it was a dream come true. Feeling blessed!
We are scheduled to go back the day after Christmas and stay at the Swan and Dolphin... I should have a lot more time to blog about it then... :)

@figmentfan423- Nick says hi! We miss you!
congrats

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom