OMG. The Jumbo Turkey Leg Is A Emu leg!

disneysince71

Ok so I guess I am the heathen/barbarian of the group. My boys love the turkey leg! We buy one and everyone shares! I have a picture of our seven month old holding one and tasting it! It cracks me up whenever I see it! It is always a comical and memorable experience. Tasty too!!
No worries @littleroo we are EMU eaters also... we just have recently fell in love with the shank... :)

The Empress Lilly

I have tried one once and have not gone back. They are very salty and then eating around all of the ligaments and tendons is no pleasure. After you are done you need to run your face through a carwash just to clean up. I really do not know what people see it them and I am a meatatarian.
My thoughts exactly!

I just can't eat those legs, even if I guess I'm the kind of person who would enjoy such a thing. They gross me out.

I wouldn't mind trying an Emu leg though...
miam3.gif

disneysince71

My thoughts exactly!

I just can't eat those legs, even if I guess I'm the kind of person who would enjoy such a thing. They gross me out.

I wouldn't mind trying an Emu leg though...
miam3.gif
Did you read @real mad hatter original post?
It has been revealed that the Jumbo Turkey leg is actually a Emu's leg.After all these years Disney has finally confessed that they have a farm in North Dakota breeding Emu's, and that is what your eating at WDW.

prfctlyximprct

This thread is LIES!!

There have always been rumors the turkey legs sold at the theme parks are actually emu. Both are flightless birds, but there are key differences in these fowls.

Turkeys

Height: 39-49 inches

Weight: 11-24 pounds

Running speed: Up to 20 mph

Eggs: Tan with brown specks

Collective noun: A flock of turkeys

Other, unrelated rumor: Big Bird's costume on Sesame Street is made of turkey feathers.

Emus

Height: 5-6 feet

Weight: 90-120 pounds

Running speed: Up to 40 mph

Eggs: Medium to dark green

Collective noun: A mob of emus

Other, unrelated rumor: An emu was added to the background in a scene of "The Wizard of Oz" to disguise the image of a Munchkin actor who hanged himself.

Sources: University of Illinois, National Geographic, EmuFacts.com

(For the record, Robert Adams, executive chef at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom confirms the turkey legs are not made of emu. "We hear that all the time," he says. "They're real turkeys. It's what they are.")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom