OMG I LOVE my "Alone" Time at Disney......Some of the things I love to do

wdwdude1

When I travel with family/friends I often arrive a few days earlier than my group for some "alone" time. I love to leisurely stroll through the parks alone. It gives me a chance to soak in all of the little things that others in my travel party don't care about.

JIMINYCR

I tend to go photographing in my alone time because there is never a rush to get a picture and move on

Agree with you. It gives me the time to take interesting photos. Some of the things I have taken photos of: all the Main Street windows, Disney building architecture, doors, signs, light posts, walkways.... Friends looking through my albums or on computer photo files say... Gee I never knew this was there, or I never have seen that, or where was this taken. One that always gets people is the photo of Paul Reveres lamps in the window in Liberty Square. So many hidden treasures.:)

Pooh'sBuddy

I think the only "alone" time I will get will be the early morning hours. I'm an early riser, so I will try to get outside for a peaceful walk around the resort (second half being AKL) before the troops wake up.

litaljohn

Just love the wonderful times spent together with family ( dw + 3 kids) in our 28 years...soooo much fun and enjoyment, but I gotta tell ya ( guys you know what Im talking about) that the times I have had the opportunity to just have "ME" time is such a treat.

okay so maybe I'm a perv but for the love of god man watch these quotations! "alone" time, "me" time is such a treat, (guys know what I'm talking about)

....I was was afriaid to read your next sentence!

Stu bailey

Places at the Poly: Barefoot Bar, Tambu, the gardens, far end of the beach, the sitting areas right inside the hotel itself.

Mrsdonaldduck

I think the only "alone" time I will get will be the early morning hours. I'm an early riser, so I will try to get outside for a peaceful walk around the resort (second half being AKL) before the troops wake up.
This sounds like a good plan! I had the opportunity to do this once and I plan to do it on our
Next trip! Grab a cup of coffee and walk around the resort taking in the sights, sounds and scents of
The early am!!!

BoarderPhreak

When I'm "alone" in the parks, I like to photograph. No rush - it's at my own pace and I can explore what I want, when I want and do so thoroughly. :)

Some times I like to just enjoy being there. Smile at the sun, soak in the ambiance and listen to all the noises (background music, children laughing, etc.). Sit on a bench (or rock) and enjoy a Dole Whip - or a tasty snack and beer in the WS somewhere.

Uncle Remus

I always volunteer to go get the fastpasses for the group because then I get my alone time. It's enjoyable to spend time in the parks with family and friends, but it's also really nice to just walk the park by yourself and take in all the scenery.

This is usually my strategy as well. Especially when the kids want to watch a show. My wife will sit with them and I'll get the fast passes and walk around some

Bparso87

I got to go to DTD by myself to pick up a Lego keychain that I had on hold. It was a weird but cool feeling. Just walking at my on pace was nice.

kane47

I love to relax and people watch. When I am by myself I love to grab a ice cold beer and sit in the gardens in the UK at EPCOT. It is quaint and quite. Very relaxing. I also love to lay on the hammock on the beach at the Polynesian and read a good book. Nothing more relaxing to me then to listen to the waves, feel the breezes, and enjoy some downtime.

WellFedDave

Was able to do MK by myself for 1 day during a trip in 2010 and it was amazing. Walked on everything without issue and was able to take tons of photos. I think I was able to cover almost every attraction I wanted in 1/2 day.

JiminyandTink

Ocassionally, I'll get up early and go get my morning coffee and a stroll at the resort by myself, which can be very relaxing (there is nothing like the hug of the Florida sun in the morning).

I_heart_Tigger

I'm looking forward to 4 days solo before my conference starts in June. My plan is mostly to take photos (and take my sweet time doing it) but I also plan on enjoying my favourite attractions. I'm actually looking forward to having a Doom Buggy all to myself. Small things I guess but it still makes me a little excited. I haven't wandered the parks alone since I stopped working there in '98.

I love wandering around World Showcase just soaking in the atmosphere and enjoying the details. I also love striking up conversations with the people working in the shops. I've learned some interesting things about the different countries doing that!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I'm definitely an alone time type of guy. At home I cherish that time when I come home from lunch, or really late at night the kids are at school (or in bed) the wife is at work (or in bed), I have the house to myself, NO INTERRUPTIONS, read a magazine,a book, watch what I want on TV, put my feet up on the coffee table, etc. etc.

However WDW for me is something I desperately want to share. Desperately!! Every time I see or hear or see something in the Magic bubble I want to point it out, talk about it, contemplate it, etc. etc...

Don't get me wrong, there was a moment at the F&WF last year that I was a little put out that the kids were 'bored' with walking around and eating and drinking...and I had a moment that I wished I could ditch 'em and tear it up Shookie style around the WS.

However --- shortly there after the whole family was on SSE and I'm pointing out the smell of Rome burning and we're talking about how that's just a 'freaking awesome Disney smell and my proposed imaginary solo jaunt around the WS was not regretted and quickly forgotten.

The way I see it, my alone time will soon be thrust upon me whether I like it or not --- the time with my family four pack is fleeting - I think I need to take advantage of it while I still can, especially at WDW.

With that being said if I ever find myself in a position where I'm alone and in the World Showcase during the F&WF, You all better call security cuz I'm taking no prisoners!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom