Oliver and Company

barnum42

BJMidget said:
Oliver and Company is my favorite Disney movie (as you can see by my avatar). I never knew they had a float in a parade. thanks for the pics.
You're welcome :wave:

The float was not so much in the parade as before it. They sent it 'round a few minutes ahead of Mickey's 60th Birthday parade.

Senderella

Sledge said:
It seems almost every Disney Animated Classic is represented somewhere in a Disney theme park, but there doesn't seem to be any reference to Oliver and Company. Even Lady and the Tramp has a small reference (paw prints in front of Tony's). Is there something related to Oliver and Company that I just don't know about? Has there ever been?

Check to see if there's anything at Disney Tails in DTD. I got a Disney Tails shirt with all the Disney dogs on it and I **believe** some of the O&C dog characters were accounted for. I mean, I got it because Nana was accounted for and I think the only places we saw Nana at DW was on the tshirt and in the Peter Pan ride at the very beginning. We've got a Saint Bernard so we love Nana! We got the cat shirt also, but I haven't worn that one in so long I couldn't tell you if any O&C cats were on it. Check Disney Tails though. I'd imagine if there's any O&C stuff to be had it MIGHT be there.

DiPSU224

Wow those pictures bring back memories. I remember that float from my first visit to Disney. I remember seeing Oliver and Company for my birthday party that year too. If I remember correctly, isn't that the year of Mickey's birthday party over where Toontown fair is now? We have videos of me (7) and my sister (3) dancing along with the birthday party :lol:

barnum42

DiPSU224 said:
Wow those pictures bring back memories. I remember that float from my first visit to Disney. I remember seeing Oliver and Company for my birthday party that year too. If I remember correctly, isn't that the year of Mickey's birthday party over where Toontown fair is now? We have videos of me (7) and my sister (3) dancing along with the birthday party :lol:
That is indeed the year (1987/88). Mickey's Birthday Land was to be a temporary set-up for that year (hence the buildings all being tents) but it proved popular enough to be renamed a couple of times and made permanent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom