Old Seaworld Pictures

Helena123

Original Poster
I was just wondering if anyone had any old seaworld pictures/park maps etc to share, im curious as to how it used to look in the 80s/90s, thankyou

Rabflmom

I have some of the old Shamu show from 1975 but don't know how to post them. Also have a lot from the 80s when my kids were little. Lots in the Japaneese Village with the deer. Some in the Shamu playground, too. Haven't looked at them in years and years. SW was our every other Sunday drive with the kids back then. The Space Center was our other destination every other weekend almost.

michalswarm

I really loved to visit the places there in Florida all it was amazing to visit. SeaWorld Orlando is a large park that features numerous zoological displays and marine animals alongside an amusement park with roller coasters and water park. Universal Orlando, like Walt Disney World, is a multi-faceted resort comprising Universal Studios Florida, CityWalk, and the Islands of Adventure theme park.

Ghall

Here are some photos from 1988, not great quality had to scan them but here they are:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ghall

Are those from the Orlando park? They don't look like I remember it. I will have to go get out the photo albums. LOL

Yes, those photos are from Seaworld, Orlando. You forget how much things change. I had forgotten myself untill I looked at those old photos!

DABIGCHEEZ

I just looked at an photo album from somewhere around 1978 or 79. I have pics of the water ski show that was called"Anything Goes". At some point there was an inpromtu silly soccer game the popped up on the beach area between the red and blue sailors(these were in character costumes) and it looks like they were pretty tall.
I have the brochure from then as well but no way to scan it right now... Shamu show was with the dolphins. They had a big reef aquarium exhibit where the Pets Ahoy show is now and a Fountain Fantasy show of lights and water fountains in time with the music. The penguin exhibit and the Seal& Otter show were already in place. The Waterski show was at the Atlantis Theater which was on the lake. But there was nothing past that... no shamu stadium/kids area and whatever else is on the farside of the lake now.
They also had a Polynesian type restuarant I think... the pic triggered a memory of the Hawaiian Punch Character guy there as well. And the Admission was $7.25 + $2.00(Guided tour?) for 13+ and $5.25 + $1.25(Guided tour?) for kids 4-12.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom