Old Rides vs. New Rides

epcotisbest

Srsly? Dude. This thread didn't have traction 14 years ago. How about posting on current threads, or starting a new one? You're new here, so slack will be cut, but please don't resurrect zombie threads.

Man, tough crowd .. Just move along if you don't agree with the thread. The OP obviously searched. Dudes been on here for three days and tgis is the welcome he gets? Things sure have changed around here.

It is right there in black and white.

Terms and rules.

WDW Posting Rules

6. Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.

jbeachboy

As far as I know Disney has never completely brought back a new ride but they have brought them back with changes. The ride in the living seas disappeared for a long time before coming back as Nemo and friends. Ironically enough the submarine ride in Disneyland reopened years later as a Nemo ride as well. So basically Disney only brings back old rides if they are going to become a Nemo ride.

do you guys like the nemo ride compared to living seas ride? did they change that whole section besides the ride?

Glasgow

Terms and rules.

WDW Posting Rules

6. Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.
This is the exact point. Instead of providing useful direction (such as outlined from the rules above), the replies were based on beration and ridicule instead of guidance. But I digress .. that seems to be the preferred method of response now on this site, which is sad to me. I don't expect a week old member to know the minutia of the rulebook like a 12 or 13 year old member.

epcotisbest

This is the exact point. Instead of providing useful direction (such as outlined from the rules above), the replies were based on beration and ridicule instead of guidance. But I digress .. that seems to be the preferred method of response now on this site, which is sad to me. I don't expect a week old member to know the minutia of the rulebook like a 12 or 13 year old member.

I think the mood on this forum has changed a lot over the years. Terms and Rules are there for anyone to read and at least attempt to follow and I was just pointing it out, not really trying to berate or ridicule. And, I'm 56, not a 12 or 13 year old (OK, I know what you meant).

Mickey5150

do you guys like the nemo ride compared to living seas ride? did they change that whole section besides the ride?
Everything Nemo is new compared to the original Living Seas. The original ride just rode past the aquarium, there were no video screens and if I remember correctly you faced forward instead of sideways. I think the Living Seas is the best example of how Disney can use an IP but still be educational.

danyoung56

Terms and rules.

WDW Posting Rules

I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but I do have to say that it's not at all unusual for someone to participate in a forum like this without having read the rules. I've been here for a couple of years and not once have I read the rules.

It also seems to me that, as crimes go, resurrecting an old thread is a pretty benign one. In fact, I get a kick out of a thread appearing that I'd never seen before, and suddenly have 7 or 8 or 50 pages of thoughts on something that's interesting to me. Heck, if someone hadn't bumped an old thread, I'd never have heard about Katiebug!

epcotisbest

I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but I do have to say that it's not at all unusual for someone to participate in a forum like this without having read the rules. I've been here for a couple of years and not once have I read the rules.

It also seems to me that, as crimes go, resurrecting an old thread is a pretty benign one. In fact, I get a kick out of a thread appearing that I'd never seen before, and suddenly have 7 or 8 or 50 pages of thoughts on something that's interesting to me. Heck, if someone hadn't bumped an old thread, I'd never have heard about Katiebug!

Yeah, I would guess the majority have never even glanced at the Terms and Rules link. I pulled it up to see if there was anything about bumping old threads, and there it was.

jbeachboy

Everything Nemo is new compared to the original Living Seas. The original ride just rode past the aquarium, there were no video screens and if I remember correctly you faced forward instead of sideways. I think the Living Seas is the best example of how Disney can use an IP but still be educational.

is nemo a 3d screen or did they actually put animatronics or other?

Goofyernmost

I don't really care about the "rules" in many ways. My own problem with bumping up an old thread and making an argument against a thought that happened 12 or 14 years ago is just silly. So many things have changed over that amount of time. And frankly, if I had to hire a lawyer in order to understand the details of a board, I would just skip the board. What I try to do, sometimes unsuccessfully, is to respond to people with respect, I try not to call people names (unless they are habitual name callers, then all is fair), I try to keep what I'm saying either family friendly or do my best to disguise it with double entendre. If I disagree I will use a million words (as I'm sure you all have noticed) to explain why I feel like I do. I try not to be curt in my responses (as backed up by the previous sentence). And most of all I usually try to interject a little humor where I can. Life is stressful enough without having it in our recreational activity. I do get serious at times though and then I feel I should probably change my screen name to "Seriousernmost".

Mickey5150

is nemo a 3d screen or did they actually put animatronics or other?
There is rockwork with video screens showing a finding Nemo story as well as a few basic animatronics. The cool thing is near the end the ride goes past the real aquarium and you can see the cartoon Nemo fish swimming with real fish.

jbeachboy

There is rockwork with video screens showing a finding Nemo story as well as a few basic animatronics. The cool thing is near the end the ride goes past the real aquarium and you can see the cartoon Nemo fish swimming with real fish.

thanks i dont remember the living seas too well since its been a while since i went on it. thanks for nemo info.

sonoma15

Isn't there only one animatronic? Not a few. Well, unless I forgot some.

Mickey5150

Isn't there only one animatronic? Not a few. Well, unless I forgot some.
I could be wrong but I'm thinking there is the angler fish and 1 or 2 sharks that are "animatronics." There are also jellyfish which aren't animatronic but are physical items and not videos.

AndrewsJ

Man, tough crowd .. Just move along if you don't agree with the thread. The OP obviously searched. Dudes been on here for three days and tgis is the welcome he gets? Things sure have changed around here.
Things haven't changed around here. I've been around since 2003 and this site has always been eaten up with self righteous do no wrong folks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom